Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Why Are Christians Silent About Zombies In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Christians Silent About Zombies In The Bible (1184 Views)

When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? / Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Medial was silent about. / Why Are Christians Such Liars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Christians Silent About Zombies In The Bible by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 29, 2015
Y'all thought zombies were things that only happened in Hollywood horror movies and in people's imaginations, right? Think again! Turns out they also appear in the bible before Easter.

The Bible in Matthew 27:52–53 says:

“And the graves were opened: and many bodies of
the saints that had slept arose,
And coming out of the tombs after his resurrection,
came into the holy city and appeared to many.”

I've been a Christian for close to two decades and never has anyone talked about this. Is there a reason for this "cover-up"?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Christians Silent About Zombies In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 2:51pm On Mar 29, 2015
No wonder where the hollywood got their idea of walking dead cheesy
Re: Why Are Christians Silent About Zombies In The Bible by gatiano(m): 3:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
That is referring to you! and ofcourse the black people. We are mentally dead. we only have potentials but no kinetics. anything that does not move or have motion is dead. This is the time when the blacks are waking up. obviously, you kind of got up from the grave by leaving that spookism christianity alone, only when you rose up, the devil that fooled you with christianity was waiting to fool you with something new and fresh "atheism", this grave depth depends on how you are going to seek for knowledge, thus the grave can then be forever deep(bottomless pit), or you can ressurect yourself from the horizontal into the vertical statue, have some kinectic and gain some momentum.

wreckingball:
Y'all thought zombies were things that only happened in Hollywood horror movies and in people's imaginations, right? Think again! Turns out they also appear in the bible before Easter.

I've been a Christian for close to two decades and never has anyone talked about this. Is there a reason for this "cover-up"?
Re: Why Are Christians Silent About Zombies In The Bible by Empiree: 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hey, there are more. This verse you just quoted shows that it was not only Jesus that rose from the dead. It means ressurrection is not unique afterall. Listen to 'ACADIP' on youtube. They have got more to say on this. There are more you have not heard. You will be suprised when veil is lifted from your eyes. Those reigious leaders only quote halfways and ignore the rest since church goers dont care to review after they leave the church.
wreckingball:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Christians Silent About Zombies In The Bible by ayoku777(m): 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2015
wreckingball:

You've been a two-decade old believer and have never heard anyone talk about this verse before? You really need to change your church; or atleast start spending more time with your bible.

I've known about this verse for a long time; and there is nothing inconsistent about the story.

There is debate about who these saints were exactly. The scripture did not fill us in on their identity. But what is seemingly obvious is that they were key figures and primary characters of the old testament. There is popular opinion, and I believe it also; that they are the ones that became the 24 elders of revelation.

Rev 4v4 -And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

The bible never said Jesus is the only one that rose from the dead. That's partly why Jesus is called; The firstborn from the dead or the first begotten of the dead.

Colosians 1v18 -And He is the head of the body, the church; who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things He might have the preeminence.

Rev 1v5 -And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth.

There were some saints that rose with Jesus after His resurrection; and many more that will rise like Him at His second coming.

But these initial small group are the firstfruits of the feast of unleavened bread -the first to attain unto the resurrection from the dead after Christ. Every feast of the Lord has firstfruits. But let's not digress into all that.

But as I said this incident is very consistent with sound doctrine. I believe they are the group that became the twenty four elders.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Silent About Zombies In The Bible by Qualer: 5:13pm On Mar 29, 2015
wreckingball:

Dude! it is people like you that are easily swayed into slavery by language / there is a difference between taking spirit-form and mobile cadaver (zombie - which isn't in existence anywhere and has never been, because it is scientifically, medically & physically impossible / if you want to know where and how Hollywood got the zombie inspiration, i can fill you in). Do some simple research and study to get understanding man!
Re: Why Are Christians Silent About Zombies In The Bible by Anas09: 12:32am On Apr 01, 2015
Why do Atheist attack only Christians christianity? There are other religions but why christianity? Hmm. I think Satan and his followers have some scores to settle with christ and his followers. Don't worry, keep it up guys. Whatsoever a man soweth, that he shall reap.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Silent About Zombies In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 1:47am On Apr 01, 2015
Anas09:
Why do Atheist attack only Christians christianity? There are other religions but why christianity? Hmm. I think Satan and his followers have some scores to settle with christ and his followers. Don't worry, keep it up guys. Whatsoever a man soweth, that he shall reap.

A very wrong analogy.. The atheists you know were once christians so they argue over what they know, or you expect a christian turned atheist to start quoting the quran he/she have never read

You should meet more atheists and see that allah and other mythologies gets as much bash too grin they are all the same thing.. even your satan too the same jewish mythology.. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Silent About Zombies In The Bible by Redoil: 6:46am On Apr 01, 2015
wreckingball:

how old are you 20years?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Silent About Zombies In The Bible by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:15am On Apr 01, 2015
wreckingball:

The bodies of those saints were glorified bodies in their celestial forms unlike zombies who always appear in fearful forms. I believe that the people who saw them were not fearful

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Silent About Zombies In The Bible by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 01, 2015
sometimes you need to take few wraps of weed to know that some things are not worth your time.... while great men are thinking of how to be greater and small men are thinking of how to be great, one man is here thinking of zombies.

phewww....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Silent About Zombies In The Bible by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 02, 2015
johnydon22:
No wonder where the hollywood got their idea of walking dead cheesy

Is the idea not copyrighted? CAN should look into this.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Silent About Zombies In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 8:53am On Apr 02, 2015
Abuamam:

Is the idea not copyrighted? CAN should look into this.

hahahahahahahah World Christian Organisation sold the copyright to hollywood so CAN cannot do anything about it grin
Re: Why Are Christians Silent About Zombies In The Bible by Rilwayne001: 9:59am On Apr 02, 2015
I have asked the same question on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2159693/darkness-the-earthquake-the-rocks-the-graves-the-dead They all went AWOL.
Re: Why Are Christians Silent About Zombies In The Bible by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2015
Come up wif somtin real abt christianity and ya see replies, dis is one thrash and it belongs to d bins lipsrsealed
Dose dat ressurected are saints, and not zombies or wadeva ya call it.
Re: Why Are Christians Silent About Zombies In The Bible by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2015
You should read Thomas Paine's "The Age of Reason" for a hilarious, rib cracking exposition on this (and other) verses.

Totally killing. Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens / Adeboye Making Up Prophecies / Are O O O Olumba Obu And Members Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.