Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted (25315 Views)

Three Igbinedion University Students Die In Car Crash-photos. / Three Igbinedion University Students Die In Car Cras (Warning: Graphic Photos) / Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by 9ja4eva: 9:46am On Oct 16, 2007
jjteen:

well i think u were once in the school and since uv left lots of things have happened.

Like wat
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by samix(m): 11:43am On Oct 16, 2007
JJTEEN my guy, its a pity a graduate like you find it very hard to comprehend a simple post, no wonder you are still in search of a job, i won't start exchanging words with u cos am too matured for that shit but nevertheless u need to always read a post very well if possible read it over like ten times if you find it very hard to comprehend things cos u just made me to understand that u kinda retarded or maybe more than i can imagine at the mo'.You should read my post/reply again to understand and if u don't u can call a primary school student to read and explain the post to you cos i talked about my younger brother in it, pussy. u nitwit grin grin grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed embarassed tongue
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by helfie(f): 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2007
i juz say u shuld forget about that school. their dont v what it takes to be be a university , its juz d name they carry about. well ur friend shuld be prepared to leave th eshores of the Nigeria all in the name of private education.
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by 9ja4eva: 7:30am On Oct 28, 2007
?
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by tufe(m): 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2007
Guys Guys Guys
Lets me be true to you, if you know anyone that wants to go into IUO, let him thoroughly do he's research cuz you eventually will be disappointed when you get in.
I'm a 400Level medical student there, and i must tell you, it's just name that my school has, nothing else.
be wise, find out things first.
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by 9ja4eva: 10:10am On Nov 15, 2007
Howz d skul now?
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by esosa4real(m): 2:57pm On Mar 14, 2008
iuo has no future, was born, and bred dere, and about to leave there, so help me God
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by funnkymua: 9:23am On Sep 03, 2008
I had to contribute to this forum after i read a lot of rubbish from people who know nothing about the school. Igbinedion University is not for people who:

1. Have a low self esteem as most people here do and thats why they feel they should just talk it down since they can't be part of it.
2. Don't know what they want from life, universities are for adults and if u think that as old as u are, u don't know where u are going or what u want to achieve in life then don't go there because nobody is ready to pamper u. I will suggest Covenant uni for u.

I think people that i know who finish from there have a strong will power, they have seen a lot of things(the effizy and all that) and have continued to be who they want to be, so if u know u care alot about peoples opinion then not only should you not be in IUO, you shouldnt be in a university at all, go home and sit with mama for a while(no offense please). Its just d truth

But i must warn you, you should have some cash (for daily survival) because the school life (not talking of tuition alone) is bit more expensive than the public schools we are used to and lest i forget almost all the courses have been accredited MEDICINE included.

2 Likes

Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by funnkymua: 12:22am On Sep 04, 2008
Hello people, please ignore my typographical errors, I am in a hurry. Thanks
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by Dminki: 12:42am On Nov 03, 2008
Don Jazzy, please I need your advice on this. I have a ward in that school and I'd like to pull him out of there. He is in 200 level but has no results to show for it. no admission letter - nothing. I feel I've been wasting my money and valuable time on someone who seems to be living in a virtual world. Please, is there any number the school has that I can call to confirm his admission and grades? If there is then please send it asap because I'm even planning on going to the school myself. please treat as urgent.  sad
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by Dminki: 9:02am On Nov 03, 2008
Funkymua, can u help me please? I need a reply asap or I may have to go to d school myself.
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by djcrooky(m): 8:11am On Feb 16, 2009
Wat d hell is every one sayin abt the skool, no skool has got it all, nobody put a gun one your neck and orders u 2 buy a car, ppl havd finished from there witout carz, wen u get there find ur class and follow them. Am presently a student there. Sumone said sumtin abt re-writin xams it cald summer u can pay to re-write and xams u faild b4 u carry it over,like a second chance, convenant university does it and u have 2 pay 4 it ,no lecture wil come back durin hols to set xams Q 4 free. Go 2 skool if u want to , watever happens there happens elsewere
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by emilyone(f): 10:37am On Apr 24, 2009
can somebody help me with Igbinedion University registrar's telephone nos. or the bursars. pls kindly help
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by chiomy4u: 9:02pm On Jun 01, 2009
donzman, your name actually speaks a lot of your personality, and to all critics of omosefe; i think even scientists experiment before making conclusions. In IUO ,we're been taught to seek before blabbing. Mr london,canada wonder what kind of school would be found in such a country. Be proud of where you are and don't interfere in our doings, we don't actually need your help. whiteroses, as for you, i know you've stayed too long outside the country, that is if you've even been 2 the country, what omosefe wrote is what is called ABBREVIATIONS 'could look up for the meaning in oxford advanced learner's dictionary'. iyke-d, wonder the kind of dictionary you use in the u.s if truly you've smelt an airline atmosphere grin, we're all friends anyway, but seek and you shall find is what my holy book tells me. TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO COME TO IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OFFER CLOSES AT 8P.M

1 Like

Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by stepitup(f): 6:26am On Jul 22, 2009
This school had printed letter of admission (2005), before the entrance tests were over. Not even graded, talk about money driven, sad
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by yjoseph(m): 11:42pm On Jul 25, 2009
all u said is nosense tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by iniguy(m): 7:15pm On Sep 28, 2009
igbinedion is a university n gud just dat d skl dont hv gud finishin in sm of their building.those saying rubish cant b part of it so theyll like 2 talk it down.atleast no strike cuz i hate strikes
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by Djwemzie: 1:00am On Jan 16, 2010
Wow,i could not resist saying something after went through all i read. Some of you are just here to run down the school and rain insults on us. I'm a 2008 civil engineering graduate of Igbinedion uni n i finished with a 2.2 n currently working with a construction coy in abuja. Talking about accreditation ,like engineering for instance has 100% accreditation same goes for law,computer science and ultimately medicine. The thing is if you know what you want out of life you should go for it. I never had a car in school but i was comfortable and i made sure my books comes first. The main priority of being in school is to read,we have a lot of unserious fellas there who are only there to flaunt their parents money but if your parents can afford some cheese for u there n you are comfortable what is there to sit ur butt down n read? Igbinedion university,like it or not has attained a lot in 7 years compared to other universities that are 20yrs old. Its all about priorities and setting them straight i wont allow you guys sit here n insult my school when u know not shit about it. Get ur facts straight before you come on bragging ya'all. Its a good school and can only get better. Spiritually,academically,social wise the school is tight. It grooms the adult in you,to the good or bad but it all depends on the individual.

2 Likes

Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by xcolanto(m): 5:56pm On Jul 01, 2010
LOL GREAT I.U.O!! cheesy
Igbins is a nice school and not as bad as most people here paint it. firstly, it depends on how serious an individual is about learning and going to school no matter the university he or she attends. some punk ass here stated that its not recognized in the u.k, shocked well thats a big lie from the pits of hell. The only problem the school had/has is that of light and water, which are very necessary for the well being of students. And for the whole effizy thingy, the happening sets that made things happen have left the school! (2007/08). So now i can assume the school is safe for a fresher, but still at that i wouldnt advice no one to go school there. tongue tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by sd6: 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2010
Thank God 4 imsu joor, igbins my nyash. Where d money u spend 4 one section can take me through graduation in a pub. Uni. See dem 4 nysc camp. Otondo lookin to be breastfed. 4 those hu gt jobs afta service u knw its ur parents' money loaded connection. Mst of dem dnt nid to work 4 d rest of dia lives cuz dia papa dn steal naija moni keep 4 dem
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by esosa4real(m): 10:11am On Aug 05, 2010
see beef, broda better face reality, its not a crime if ur parents v d cash and do sturvs 4 u, d way naija is going, if u wanna make it dont critisize, watch d system and join d league, if not u go suffer,,,,,if u v d money, u forbid send u pikin go iuo or beta schools overseas, uh?? , ur just crying here, wake up youngman, things v changed!!!
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by oweniwe(m): 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2010
As a former student of igbinedion, i can boldly say that the school is for 419, igbo smokers (70 of d boys in the school smoke), lazy lecturers who keep students waiting for 1hr 30mins before they come to lecture. Students use school fees to buy cars that their parents don't even know about. Mtchew angry
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by Pointblank: 11:08am On Nov 28, 2010
At the event of the 8th Convocation ceremony of Igbinedion University Okada, angry community members came out chanting "Igbinedion thief, Ole, 419, give us our money, our land". They were also throwing stone at the venue of the event. Sooner, the event was over. What a pity.
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by oweniwe(m): 4:56pm On Dec 06, 2010
No mind dat esama angry
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by youngarm: 8:00pm On Apr 26, 2012
This is the most useless school in the world.
Very expensive school.
when you graduated you will be made to pay so much unnecessary fees. To earn your transcript you will be forced to pay 25,000 naira for your transcripts and they will use the cheapest form of courier to ship it to the school u desire after paying such ridiculous amount of money. imagine with me you need to send your transcripts to 5 different schools aboard. you have to pay 25,000 multiplied by 5. and the school might not even get the transcripts because the form of shipping is unregistered and if they do it takes 3 months before it arrives. No form of communication to the admin department. I regret attending this school. and you will have to travel back to igbinedion anytime you need your academic records in this modern day of technology.
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by Promxy94(m): 2:09pm On Jul 24, 2012
omosefe: Hmmn, ve heard wat u guys said abt igbinedion university. well most of wat u said re true.
am a graduate of igbinedion university, its a good school, despite d effizy n stuffs.
one major reason is dt u knw y u re goin to sch, so y nt mke best use of it (studying
).

Its really expensive dts d only disadavantage, apart from d medical aspect, wich i knw is stil undergoin accreditation.

A major adv is dt ur 4yrs is ur 4yrs, no strike or stuffs. de ve good lecturers, despite d corruption (which takes place in most of our universities)

I graduated last year n am presently serving. like i said, u knw d reason y u r dere. i didnt hve a car in sch, bt hd fun. its like normal universities, just kinda expensive, so ur friend has to b kinda boxed up, bt b mind ful of spendin. But if he cn afford it

An advice, go der n study, n stil ve fun knwin y u re dere.

Cheers.
please friend help me with the info i need,i just got admittd into the university and i knw the fees am nt from a rich and boyant home,but GOD has provided the fees for me,so people say life there is quite expensive,i want to knw apart from your school fees,do there lectures request for money like in public schools,and plz wat makes life there expensive an explanation would be appreciatd

1 Like

Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 14, 2018
Vie:
I believe IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, is an okay school in regards to Studies, it may not have the best amenities i agree so its a case of what one deems as important,education or amenities. So far, its the most "liberal " Private University as the others like Babcock, Convenant, Macdonna etc try to conform its students to the religious beliefs of the proprietors, i think that is enslaving the minds of the students and not grooming them.

Secondly, in terms of Accreditation, most Universities that have existed for over 10 years are still to get full accreditation, so why "kill" this baby school for still working on its. Most of its departments however have been fully accredited so far,

Thirdly, its not the lecturers that makes good graduates but rather the hardwork of the graduates themselves and guidelines from their lectures. The school has sent 3 sets of graduates to the law school and the world watched comparing its 2.1 to a 3rd class to schools like Unilag,etc , but 3 times and this last time was a big blow too, its graduates repeated the same good grades even producing a 1st class. Now, the Law School is an open field where all the best and the worst from all universities in Nigeria meet and mentally challenge themsleves, what happened to all the others that did not purchase their degrees or perhaps the graduates of IGBINEDION bought over the Law School too!

Finally,how many of the other private universities is owned and run by one man? Most are by church boards, and social boards so funds is more available as long as people go to church every sunday, pay tithes and give offering.

In a nutshell, all i'm saying is that, the school is not as terrible as people dress it up to be, its like life: you get what you go there expecting thats all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unizik Demotes Randy Lecturers Over Sexual Harassment / Four UNILAG Students Jailed For Cult Activities / Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.