Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,401 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

The Mountain Climber - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mountain Climber (391 Views)

Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day / Adeboye's Mount Carmel Prayer Mountain In Osun State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mountain Climber by SonofIssachar: 12:41am On Mar 30, 2015
Author Unknown

They tell the story of a mountain climber who, desperate to conquer the Aconcagua, initiated his climb after years of preparation. But he wanted the glory for himself; therefore, he went up alone. He started climbing and it was becoming later and later. He did not prepare for camping but decided to keep on going. Soon it got dark.

Night fell with heaviness at a very high altitude. Visibility was zero. Everything was black. There was no moon, and the stars were covered by clouds. As he was climbing a ridge at about 100 meters from the top, he slipped and fell. Falling rapidly he could only see blotches of darkness that passed. He felt a terrible sensation of being sucked in by gravity.

He kept falling and, in those anguishing moments, good and bad memories passed through his mind. He thought certainly he would die. But then he felt a jolt that almost tore him in half. Yes! Like any good mountain climber, he had staked himself with a long rope tied to his waist.

In those moments of stillness, suspended in the air he had no other choice but to shout, "Help me God! Help me!"

All of a sudden, he heard a deep voice from heaven, "What do you want me to do?"

"Save me!"

"Do you really think that I can save you?"

"Of course, my God"

"Then cut the rope that is holding you up."

There was another moment of silence and stillness. The man just held tighter to the rope.

The next day the rescue team says they found a frozen mountain climber hanging strongly to a rope... TWO FEET OFF THE GROUND!

How about you? How much do you trust the rope of comfort and the familiar as against the unseen leading of God? Are you willing to let go?

Meditation: His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.” – John 2:5

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Projects. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.
Re: The Mountain Climber by richol(m): 12:52am On Mar 30, 2015
#FOODFORTHOUGHT

1 Like

Re: The Mountain Climber by malvisguy212: 8:39am On Mar 30, 2015
God bless you my good friend.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Daily Grace Capsule | Fri.3rd.april.2015 | It Wasn't Easy! But Just For You. / Lead The Way / Is SMOKING A SIN In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.