Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. (10518 Views)

I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary / Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria / When Organization Cuts Cost By Cutting Manpower (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by mowah: 8:07am On Mar 30, 2015
1. Shell Average salary of all staffs N465,200
2. Chevron. N430,400
3. Nigerian Breweries N364,000
4. NNPC. N350,500
5. MTN Nigeria. N308,650
6. Etisalat. N283,500
7. Dangote. N281,000
8. Globacom. N279,030
9. Guarantee Trust Bank PLC. headquarters N268,000
10. PZ. N267,800.
Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 30, 2015
What of Churches ?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by ammyluv2002(f): 8:25am On Mar 30, 2015
Entry level? I doubt especially Etisalat, Dangote & GTB

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by morningsta(m): 8:29am On Mar 30, 2015
@Op, what is your source? I work with one of the top five you listed above and I am happy to inform you that nothing can be further from the truth.
Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by xfire: 8:50am On Mar 30, 2015
This is far from the truth. cheesy These figures are not true. And this is not an accurate list.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by tanimola22: 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2015
That NB figure cannot be entry level. I know a guy who works there. He had up to 4 years experience before he joined and currently earns around your stated figure per month.

What about FBN Capital, Vetiva, RenCap or even Chapel Hill?

Chapel Hill (up to 3 years work experience, front office role) - 500K per month, gross
Vetiva (up to 6 years experience, front office role) - 900k per month, gross
Rencap (up to 4 years experience, front office role) - c.525K per month, gross
FBN Capital (up to 8 years experience, front office role) - 1M per month, gross
Heritage Bank (up to 9 years experience, middle office role) - 1.3M per month, gross

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 31, 2015
U forgot to include POLITICS

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by ivyT(f): 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Entry level? I doubt especially Etisalat, Dangote & GTB

Yes I doubt it too,maybe d above mentioned are for the older staffs
Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 11, 2015
Average salary for all shell (permanent) staff cannot be less than 1m, when you have senior managers collecting up to 3m-5m. Entry level in Shell is not less than 600k.

The list is a joke. No bank will enter Top 20 for entry level. The entry level for my company is about 400k and it is not one of the Top 10 paying companies in the oil and gas industry alone!

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by dewale2k: 9:01am On Apr 13, 2015
tanimola22:
That NB figure cannot be entry level. I know a guy who works there. He had up to 4 years experience before he joined and currently earns around your stated figure per month.
Chapel Hill (up to 3 years work experience, front office role) - 500K per month, gross
Heritage Bank (up to 9 years experience, middle office role) - 1.3M per month, gross
tanimola22:
tanimola22:
noted
Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by CrazyMan(m): 9:23am On Apr 13, 2015
mowah:
2. Chevron. N430,400
4. NNPC. N350,500
5. MTN Nigeria. N308,650
6. Etisalat. N283,500
7. Dangote. N281,000
8. Globacom. N279,030
10. PZ. N267,800.
GTbank's entry level salary isn't up to 100k let alone 200k. MTN, ETISALAT and GLO pay based on target. And even with that, their entry level salary isn't above 150k.

In Chevron you undergo staff training for up to 2 years during which your income would be less than 100k.

Dangote pays below 100k

Where did you copy these incorrect figures from?

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by xfire: 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2015
CrazyMan:

In Chevron you undergo staff training for up to 2 years during which your income would be less than 100k.

This is faaaaaar from the truth.

Cheers....

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by CrazyMan(m): 1:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
xfire:

This is faaaaaar from the truth.

Cheers....
Lol...what's far from the truth?

Prove me wrong then.
Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by XtraSmooth404: 6:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
CrazyMan:

GTbank's entry level salary isn't up to 100k let alone 200k. MTN, ETISALAT and GLO pay based on target. And even with that, their entry level salary isn't above 150k.

Dangote pays below 100k

Where did you copy these incorrect figures from?
Ehhh Guess you are a time traveller. This must be your year 1999 or 2000. Dangote? GTbank? Below 100k? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by xfire: 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
CrazyMan:

Prove me wrong then.
I don't like talking about salaries but maybe I will chip in a bit and keep shut.
The figures you stated in your first post are lower than what is obtainable.
I can reliably tell you that entry level pay (fresh from school) in Chevron is higher the highest figure that the OP penned down. You definitely underestimate 'oyel' money cheesy The OP stated that Shell pays the most. I can categorically tell you that Shell pays the least amongst the IOCs in Nigeria

I also think you understated the figures for GTB and Dangote. At least, I'm sure that confirmed entry level staffs of both companies earn much higher.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by CrazyMan(m): 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2015
@XtraSmooth404
So tell me...How much does dangote and GTbank pay their entry level staffs?
Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by CrazyMan(m): 7:47pm On Apr 13, 2015
xfire:

I can reliably tell you that entry level pay (fresh from school) in Chevron is higher the highest figure that the OP penned down. You definitely underestimate 'oyel' money cheesy The OP stated that Shell pays the most. I can categorically tell you that Shell pays the least amongst the IOCs in Nigeria

I also think you understated the figures for GTB and Dangote. At least, I'm sure that confirmed entry level staffs of both companies earn much higher.
Well I don't discuss salaries as well.

But as for the chevron stuff, my post was specifically on the compulsory staff training meant for university leavers during which staffs in training earn less than 100k. Your jumbo pay in chevron comes after your training and not before. Unless you're a skilled worker.

As for dangote, I used the mass employment of Phd holders and Msc holders whom he employed as drivers few years back as case study. None of them according to confirmed media outlets earns up to 100k. So if a Phd and Msc holder earns less than 100k in a company, what makes you feel a fresh university leaver with zero experience would earn above 100k in the same company?

Finally GTbank...as a result of the high rate of unemployment today, most banks now practice labour casualization. I can tell you that 85% of employment in banks today are on contract basis. I don't need to tell you that most contract staffs in banks today earn below 50k.

I rest my case cool

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by Tiimmy(m): 11:43am On Apr 14, 2015
mowah:
2. Chevron. N430,400
4. NNPC. N350,500
5. MTN Nigeria. N308,650
6. Etisalat. N283,500
7. Dangote. N281,000
8. Globacom. N279,030
10. PZ. N267,800.

Is this quoted salary weekly?
I don't know about others tho, but the quoted salaries for SHELL and CHEVRON are hilarious.
Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by xfire: 2:43pm On Apr 14, 2015
CrazyMan:

But as for the chevron stuff, my post was specifically on the compulsory staff training meant for university leavers during which staffs in training earn less than 100k. Your jumbo pay in chevron comes after your training and not before. Unless you're a skilled worker.
^^^^^^^
Not true. I won't say more than that.

CrazyMan:

As for dangote, I used the mass employment of Phd holders and Msc holders whom he employed as drivers few years back as case study. None of them according to confirmed media outlets earns up to 100k. So if a Phd and Msc holder earns less than 100k in a company, what makes you feel a fresh university leaver with zero experience would earn above 100k in the same company?
^^^^^^
Who says graduates can earn more than that? Companies pay according to the job position, not just school qualifications. I know MSc / PhD holders that earn less than BSc holders in the same company because their positions differ.

CrazyMan:

Finally GTbank...as a result of the high rate of unemployment today, most banks now practice labour casualization. I can tell you that 85% of employment in banks today are on contract basis. I don't need to tell you that most contract staffs in banks today earn below 50k.
^^^^^
I am referring to permanent staffs, not casual staffs. The issue of casualization of labour is prevalent in almost all industries, including the oil industry.

Cheers......
Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by CrazyMan(m): 4:14pm On Apr 14, 2015
xfire:

^^^^^^^
Not true. I won't say more than that.
In chevron (I don't know for other oil firms) upon employment as a fresh graduate you'll be sent to their technical school at ogere (Ogun state) where you'll be trained for about a year or more. During this period, your salary is below 100k.

xfire:

Who says graduates can earn more than that? Companies pay according to the job position, not just school qualifications. I know MSc / PhD holders that earn less than BSc holders in the same company because their positions differ.
You misunderstand me...I said fresh graduates, and not skilled workers. Fresh graduates with zero experience earn less than 100k in dangote group.

xfire:

I am referring to permanent staffs, not casual staffs. The issue of casualization of labour is prevalent in almost all industries, including the oil industry.

Cheers......
Lol that's why I said 85%. In as much as I would agree with with you that the full package of a permanent staff in a bank is above 100k, we all know that majority of employment in banks are on contract basis.
Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by xfire: 6:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
CrazyMan:

In chevron (I don't know for other oil firms) upon employment as a fresh graduate you'll be sent to their technical school at ogere (Ogun state) where you'll be trained for about a year or more. During this period, your salary is below 100k.

You misunderstand me...I said fresh graduates, and not skilled workers. Fresh graduates with zero experience earn less than 100k in dangote group.

Lol that's why I said 85%. In as much as I would agree with with you that the full package of a permanent staff in a bank is above 100k, we all know that majority of employment in banks are on contract basis.

1. I think you are seriously mixing things up here. Technical school is not meant for graduates. A fresh graduate with zero experience does NOT earn the figure you quoted in Chevron.

2. I understand you perfectly well. Like I posited, pay depends on job role. You do not normally expect a driver to earn more the same amount a graduate engineer or graduate accountant will earn. The fact that MSc and PhD holders applied for such position does not mean the vacancy was initially meant for them. However, I do not know the exact salary range in Dangote but I strongly believe a graduate (not non-technical position like driving) will earn much more.

3. I think we are both aligned on the 3rd issue. Just looking at it from different perspective.

Cheers....
Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by PrinceMario(m): 8:51am On Apr 15, 2015
CrazyMan:

I rest my case cool
A fresh engineering graduate earns above 700k in chevron.
Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by Marvinspeed(m): 7:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
CrazyMan:

Prove me wrong then.

From what I know Internship in chevron is 100k and they don't take entry level...so my bro you're wrong.
Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by CaptShinz: 1:20pm On Jun 04, 2015
Take it from me...the figures are actually almost accurate, 1 thing you should have in mind is that is the basic salary... all other figures dat makes the package attractive is usually the bonuses... If u havent seen am employment letter from Mobil, chevron or shell please don't speculate ... A fresh grad with no experience can't get 700k as basic... u earn around 350k-500k as basic
Re: Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:13am On Jun 10, 2015
OMG, see Naija mentalities!!! I wonder how some people keep arguing over salaries someone else is getting from different group of companies. Think better thing to do is to pray to God getting someone connected reaching that peak as well. Period!

(1) (Reply)

Should I Recommend My Best "Team Member" For A Higher Position Off My Team? / Can You Work From Home Part-time As A Banker Or Company Worker? / EDOOFA Program REAL OR NOT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.