Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,211 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Ghanaian Pastor Jailed For 5yrs In Uk After He Forgot His Name @heathrow Airport - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ghanaian Pastor Jailed For 5yrs In Uk After He Forgot His Name @heathrow Airport (1470 Views)

Apostle Suleman Gives $2,000 To Ghanaian Student Who Sowed Seed With House Rent / Virgins Are A Burden, The Bible Doesn't Condemn Prostitution- Ghanaian Pastor / Apostle BB Fredrick, Ghanaian Pastor Predicts Jonathan Will Win Second Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanaian Pastor Jailed For 5yrs In Uk After He Forgot His Name @heathrow Airport by Mattpopson101: 11:48am On Mar 30, 2015
You do not need to be smart to become a pastor—and even the dumbest can be good at requesting money from people in the name of God. This story teaches on a lot but it also illustrates that, most of these men of God are never what they claim to be—and it’s good the law does not care either you are a pastor or a bishop.

A Ghanaian pastor who walks about with 3 names-Samuel Akoto, David Antwi and David Krumah and used to reside at Jeremy Street, Edmonton in North London was sentenced to 5 years early this month for identity fraud at the Isleworth Crown Court .picture of the court or tribunal building

Until his conviction, he was the sole pastor of Mount Zion Prayer House Ministries (UK) with registered charity number 1153088. He was known to his congregation as Pastor David Kwaku Antwi and he introduced himself as such on local radio station (Sources radio) where he preaches to the Ghanaian community.

The pastor who is currently being held at the Wormwood Scrubs prison was arrested at Heathrow Airport on his way from Ghana. And when asked for his name as part of the usual airport questioning, the paster is reported to have mentioned a different name contrary to what was in his passport (in fact, he mentioned a name he used years ago to claim asylum but was refused).

This triggered suspicion and through investigations, it came to light that he was involved in sham marriage with one of his congregants for papers, using the new name he was travelling with. A visit to his home even revealed more as a driver licences bearing his photo and a different Congolese name was also discovered.

Now that the fraudulent pastor has been thrown into jail, his church-Mount Zion Prayer House Ministries which is situated at Unit 6, Gourley Place, Seven Sisters, London. N15 5NF, is currently being managed by Mrs Rosemary Felicity Acheampong and her husband Mr Kwabena Nkansah.

Re: Ghanaian Pastor Jailed For 5yrs In Uk After He Forgot His Name @heathrow Airport by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 30, 2015
He should have asked the holy spirit.

I'm sure all he could remember is the bible verse that says "pay your tithe"
Re: Ghanaian Pastor Jailed For 5yrs In Uk After He Forgot His Name @heathrow Airport by MuttleyLaff: 12:17pm On Mar 30, 2015
ifeness:

mba mba that one with the holy spirit no wash, e no follow ooo
una know says at times God fit send out a spirit of confusion or spirit of lying
wey be say when dem come ask you question,
na wrong answer una go give after the spirit of foolishness don take over
Isaiah 19:14 and 1 Kings 22:22
Re: Ghanaian Pastor Jailed For 5yrs In Uk After He Forgot His Name @heathrow Airport by Redoil: 1:32pm On Mar 30, 2015
ifeness:

why bringing the holy spirit into this.

Life is harsh and difficult and people tend to mostly do things base on what they believe is right as long as they are not stepping on the any body toe and the law.
I will suggest you do some serious soul searching about God again maybe you will find him maybe not. For if you seek him you will surely find him.
Note i am not forcing you to do it it is just a matter of choice.
I will encourage you to think for ur self and all all others the priveldge to do so too. And please stop the insult on xtian
Re: Ghanaian Pastor Jailed For 5yrs In Uk After He Forgot His Name @heathrow Airport by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 30, 2015
Redoil:
why bringing the holy spirit into this.

Life is harsh and difficult and people tend to mostly do things base on what they believe is right as long as they are not stepping on the any body toe and the law.
I will suggest you do some serious soul searching about God again maybe you will find him maybe not. For if you seek him you will surely find him.
I will encourage you to think for ur self and all all others the priveldge to do so too. And please stop the insult on xtian

No matter how hard and difficult life is,it still pays to be honest. I am a God who has found himself on this earthly journey of mine. Have you realized you are a God or are you still being fooled by the Bible? If so please do some soul searching.

If a pastor forgets his name that easy then you know something is wrong with Christianity. I am sure he would remember his name if offered a private jet.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Pastor Jailed For 5yrs In Uk After He Forgot His Name @heathrow Airport by MuttleyLaff: 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2015
Redoil:
why bringing the holy spirit into this
Nahin, I bin dey take code and style tellam say asking the holy spirit suppose to no dey for the conundrum
In compromising situation like dis, as far as holy spirit is concerned, you are on your own, nothing do am
and if una make mistake, say you wan try involve holy spirit like ifeness suggest, na one chance be dat

Redoil:
I will encourage you to think for ur self and all all others the priveldge to do so too.
Dis one na the most painful part, when pastors bin form hollier than thou,
like say pastor no dey mess, and even pastor mess sef, the mess no go smell
or like say, butter no dey melt for pastors mouth,
meanwhile pastor don turn corner more than church member, with exhibits, contrabands and bootlegs

Redoil:
And please stop the insult on xtian
I am yet to read anything insultive here by ifeness
Are you saying he insulted xtian on the post or implying he serially insults "xtian"

ifeness:
No matter how hard and difficult life is, it still pays to be honest
Nobarger is 100% honest
Even you sef, you get, at least, a lie, you too dey live.

So my guy, "if you wanna criticise, do am small small, you no holy pass ma brother"
Am not two faced with you my guy, na TuBaba sing am like that

ifeness:
I am a God who has found himself on this earthly journey of mine.
Have you realized you are a God or are you still being fooled by the Bible?
If so please do some soul searching.
Which kind God be ya own? Which kind God you be o ifeness?
Wetin make una realize una a God?
Abeg nack me story, how does Bible fool pesin?
Soul lost before? Why the need to soul search. If I no do, wetin go happen, what is the consequence or implication?

ifeness:
If a pastor forgets his name that easy then you know something is wrong with Christianity.
I am sure he would remember his name if offered a private jet
The Pastor nefa forget his name that easy and nothing is wrong with Christianity
The matter bin say, pastor forgot mention the correct name at the correct time
That one is a fact right there

Tings like dis happen, no be big big deal,
when God leave pesins to dem devices, na so easily spirit of confusion or spirit of lying dey take enter bodi

Knowing name when offered private jet is in contrast with forgeting the correct name to give when under tension grilled by border control
The circumstances or settings are different. APC and PDP, both get 3 letters but dem no be the same

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Illuminate Looking For Now Member Call +27734848769 / Lagos And The Ban Of Hijab, Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode / One Year Gone.. We Remember Myles And Ruth Munroe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.