Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:53 AM

Encounter With Beggar At Bus Park - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Encounter With Beggar At Bus Park (1292 Views)

Oba Of Lagos, Akeolu Demisses Report On ‘details Of Encounter’ With Ooni / My Encounter Withcan Ogboni Alhaja Today At Balogun Market / Abeokuta Paradise Nature Park in Jamaica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Encounter With Beggar At Bus Park by baba2nday(m): 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2015
Hello...
I just want to share my brief but funny encounter with a beggar at a bus park in Lagos.
i had just boarded the bus and i sat close to the window.As some of us might have experienced, beggars occasionally come to ask for help. So this particular guy comes to me,holding a Ventolin inhaler(For Asthma),begging and saying he had exhausted his own and needed money to buy a new one. Luckily (or Unluckily) for him, i had just bought a brand new Inhaler in my bag, while also having my old one which was almost exhausted. The only means i thought to help was to give him the new inhaler i had just bought, which would even save him time and money to get a new one,which i did. This guy hardly knew how to use it, and immediately his countenance changed...though he thanked me, he was like "Bros, u know say na the money be the koko".. i just shook my head. Apparently, he's well known in the park as a sorta fraud or so.
Re: Encounter With Beggar At Bus Park by menix(m): 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2015
Am sure its d park under d bridge at CMS..

If u re looking for professional beggars, u find them there...

Remember 1 telling us he was jst released frrm kirikiri prison after 16yrs of awaiting trial, that wat he needs now is transport to his village.

Almost gave him something not until a guy inside d bus shouted u ke, nah 2day i don dey see u...

He left wivout replying..
Re: Encounter With Beggar At Bus Park by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 31, 2015
baba2nday:
Hello...
I just want to share my brief but funny encounter with a beggar at a bus park in Lagos.
i had just boarded the bus and i sat close to the window.As some of us might have experienced, beggars occasionally come to ask for help. So this particular guy comes to me,holding a Ventolin inhaler(For Asthma),begging and saying he had exhausted his own and needed money to buy a new one. Luckily (or Unluckily) for him, i had just bought a brand new Inhaler in my bag, while also having my old one which was almost exhausted. The only means i thought to help was to give him the new inhaler i had just bought, which would even save him time and money to get a new one,which i did. This guy hardly knew how to use it, and immediately his countenance changed...though he thanked me, he was like "Bros, u know say na the money be the koko".. i just shook my head. Apparently, he's well known in the park as a sorta fraud or so.
Reminds me of one beggar who was deaf and dumb. So he carried around a piece of paper explaining that, and other pitiful stories like he was an orphan (clean, middle-aged man,) and he needed money for medical something. I took the paper, and read it out to my friends and gave it back. He did not like "the way" I had read it out. He hit me in anger.

I don't do beggars from that day. I don't even listen to their cooked up stories. Help street kids instead who are really in need.
Re: Encounter With Beggar At Bus Park by Redoil: 5:14am On Apr 01, 2015
@ baba2nday such things happen every where esp obalende cms and yaba. And we cannot diffrentiate the real beggers from the fake beggers.
muafrika:
Reminds me of one beggar who was deaf and dumb. So he carried around a piece of paper explaining that, and other pitiful stories like he was an orphan (clean, middle-aged man,) and he needed money for medical something. I took the paper, and read it out to my friends and gave it back. He did not like "the way" I had read it out. He hit me in anger.

I don't do beggars from that day. I don't even listen to their cooked up stories. Help street kids instead who are really in need.
there was a day i was fished at race course and i decided to ask for help from people only for me to see group of people doing thesame thing so i decided to trek the long distance from race course to orile.
Re: Encounter With Beggar At Bus Park by Redoil: 5:14am On Apr 01, 2015
@ baba2nday such things happen every where esp obalende cms and yaba. And we cannot diffrentiate the real beggers from the fake beggers.
muafrika:

there was a day i was fished at race course and i decided to ask for help from people only for me to see group of people doing thesame thing so i decided to trek the long distance from race course to orile. Most are fake few are real.
Re: Encounter With Beggar At Bus Park by Godmother(f): 3:55am On Apr 04, 2015
They are everywhere. One clean guy stopped me on my way to my shop a few weeks back. He looked so lost that I decided to walk-up when he called( instead of waiting for him to come to me since he was the one that needed directions). I got to him and was shocked when this guy started a tale of how he was a student , was stranded and needed money to get to his school. This guy should be close to 40. He even had an attitude to go with it sef; like begging was a normal thing. I just shook my head and walked away.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Tribe You Would Prefer Aside Where You Already From? / Why Traditional Marriage Is Very Important In Igbo Land / Igbos Land Grabbing Philosophy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.