Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,930 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% (40753 Views)

Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? / NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration / Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by furetin20: 11:13am On Mar 31, 2015
CyberEBOLA:
Who cares? When my 18GB IMEI tweak still dey kampe.
can you drop your whatsapp contact or you add me ?
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by Sike(m): 11:13am On Mar 31, 2015
It begins. Sai Baba!
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by Whizpeter(m): 11:14am On Mar 31, 2015
Osyxcel:

LMAO.... Bad guyz everywhere grin

grin grin grin
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by iamdjtune: 11:15am On Mar 31, 2015
CyberEBOLA:
Who cares? When my 18GB IMEI tweak still dey kampe.

guy...show us the way na?
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by Idrismusty97(m): 11:17am On Mar 31, 2015
rottable:
as an official imei tweaker, i need to work on dis
Please do so fast.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by mikron(m): 11:20am On Mar 31, 2015
let us prey on airtel

3 Likes

Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by 2muchM: 11:25am On Mar 31, 2015
Airtel with their carrot gifts... Hw is the deduction charge? Hope it's not 100%
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by lugado: 11:36am On Mar 31, 2015
liberty300:
I don't believe this crap until I notice it on my phone. Airtel are scumbags they always have a way of taking back what they give to you just like the devil

my brother abeg switch to glo I was on airtel too until I discovered glo. I normally subscribe 2k to get 2gb on airtel but I thot I should just give glo a chance since they're are cheaper with 2.5k for 4.5gb to my amazement their network dey fly. since I can't finish my data in a month , I started sharing with my system and it was still flying. now I don't need to sub my spectra net modem anymore

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by optimistmos123: 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2015
A good one from airtel niger
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by donhils: 12:28pm On Mar 31, 2015
Easy023:
Airtel Nigeria has crashed cost of data service by 100 per cent for its subscribers in a new campaign aimed at increasing subscription and driving internet usage and penetration.

As part of the benefits, customers receive instant data bonuses on activation of smart devices with100 per cent bonus on data recharge and 25 per cent discount on Microsoft Lumia 535 smartphone purchased at any of its stores across Nigeria.

Customers who buy any smart device and activate it with an Airtel SIM will get up to 2GB data bundle instantly and thereafter enjoy 100 per cent data bonus on activation of data bundles from 200MB to 1GB for 12 months.

The chief commercial officer, Airtel Nigeria, Mr Maurice Newa, speaking at the launch of the campaign in Lagos, explained that the distinctive value proposition further affirms Airtel’s vision to be the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians.

He said, “This campaign was conceived to delight our customers. We want to connect with them in more smarter and rewarding ways to fulfill their communication needs in a manner that makes it almost effortless and affordable. Indeed, we are giving our customers more reasons to stay on our network.”

He pointed out that as an innovative company, Airtel would continue to redefine the telecoms landscape with revolutionary products and services that will provide a rewarding experience for customers.

“The introduction of this offer is an attestation of our commitment to enrich customers with value proposition tailored to create comfort,” he said.

The offer is also applicable to customers who purchase Dongles and Mifi from Airtel or partner stores. On activation, they will get a bonus of 2GB and 4GB data plans respectively while the purchase of routers attracts an instant data bonus of 8GB data plan.

Source( http://leadership.ng/business/422072/airtel-crashes-data-service-cost-by-100)
According to your story, I can't seem to decipher how this translates to crashing data price by 100%. So I'll have to buy a new device in order to enjoy the offer and it's just for 12 months.
On a second thought, if I sub 200mb and above I'll get 100%(after buying a new device) and 200mb is 1k, meaning I'll get 400mb with 1k; so how is this supposed to make me start jumping?
Abegi, I'll pass this one....Next!!!
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by NdRuby(m): 12:41pm On Mar 31, 2015
Easy023:
Airtel Nigeria has crashed cost of data service by 100 per cent for its subscribers in a new campaign aimed at increasing subscription and driving internet usage and penetration.

As part of the benefits, customers receive instant data bonuses on activation of smart devices with100 per cent bonus on data recharge and 25 per cent discount on Microsoft Lumia 535 smartphone purchased at any of its stores across Nigeria.

Customers who buy any smart device and activate it with an Airtel SIM will get up to 2GB data bundle instantly and thereafter enjoy 100 per cent data bonus on activation of data bundles from 200MB to 1GB for 12 months.

The chief commercial officer, Airtel Nigeria, Mr Maurice Newa, speaking at the launch of the campaign in Lagos, explained that the distinctive value proposition further affirms Airtel’s vision to be the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians.

He said, “This campaign was conceived to delight our customers. We want to connect with them in more smarter and rewarding ways to fulfill their communication needs in a manner that makes it almost effortless and affordable. Indeed, we are giving our customers more reasons to stay on our network.”

He pointed out that as an innovative company, Airtel would continue to redefine the telecoms landscape with revolutionary products and services that will provide a rewarding experience for customers.

“The introduction of this offer is an attestation of our commitment to enrich customers with value proposition tailored to create comfort,” he said.

The offer is also applicable to customers who purchase Dongles and Mifi from Airtel or partner stores. On activation, they will get a bonus of 2GB and 4GB data plans respectively while the purchase of routers attracts an instant data bonus of 8GB data plan.

Source( http://leadership.ng/business/422072/airtel-crashes-data-service-cost-by-100)
AIRTEL has been very generous with data bundle more than any other network in Nigeria. .. u no go know until u join Airtel network.
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by ibietela2(m): 12:43pm On Mar 31, 2015
[s]
Easy023:

[/s]

Trash, so we should be buying smartphone every month?
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by Kingsasian(m): 12:46pm On Mar 31, 2015
ireplacable:
with their bad and sluggish network grin grin grin : cry cry cry
exactly
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by rottable(m): 12:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
wat is wrong wit dis yeartel self
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by rottable(m): 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2015
e be like say I go port go another
network
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by rottable(m): 12:56pm On Mar 31, 2015
Keneking:
Too late shocked
what is too late
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by DJEhimond(m): 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2015
mymissingrib:
send 3G to 121 or START 3G to 121 .na to get d imei remain nw

Lemme sell mine to you na smiley
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by mymissingrib(m): 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2015
pat077:
u mean 3g to 141?
no to 121
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by henribj(m): 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
y'all should not be so carried away with the 100% data bonus being offered by Airtel, because it will negatively affect the network/data speed of Airtel which in turn will lead to poor data speed for its users.
This same 100% bonus being offered by Airtel was first initiated by Glo sometime last year and it is still currently on going, but ever since Glo started the promo, their data speed has not been stable at all, it has only been stable from 12 midnight till 6am. Well, i have noticed this because i make use of their data plans for my pc using their modem, i do not know how the data speed on mobile phones has been.
And if i am not mistaken, Glo has a faster data speed than Airtel, and if the promo can cause their data speed to reduce, one can only imagine what will happen to Airtel data speed.
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by mymissingrib(m): 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
Imanuelle:

They said smartphones, we just need to know the ones they're selling.
nokia lumia
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 31, 2015
lugado:

my brother abeg switch to glo I was on airtel too until I discovered glo. I normally subscribe 2k to get 2gb on airtel but I thot I should just give glo a chance since they're are cheaper with 2.5k for 4.5gb to my amazement their network dey fly. since I can't finish my data in a month , I started sharing with my system and it was still flying. now I don't need to sub my spectra net modem anymore
Does the glo bundle work on android ??.since I can't tweak my infinix hot note to use the cloned bb bis bundle for 1k.I need my value for money. The airtel android bundle dissipate with a speed of light.. Kindly reply..tnx
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by XKZ(m): 2:23pm On Mar 31, 2015
100% reduction in price means the commodity is now free.
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by Upaka(f): 3:12pm On Mar 31, 2015
olrotimi:

you should blame your China phone.
smart phones are SMART!
My Xperia rocks, it needs just the slightest wave of network to give me high speed Internet service.
You need to upgrade brov.
Plz is techno M3 a smart phone. I just bought it and I also bought an airtel sim . Can I get this data?
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2015
ireplacable:
with their bad and sluggish network grin grin grin cry cry[color=#770077][/color]
i rescent dat bro,deirs is d most reliable network currently
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by Tongsman(m): 4:18pm On Mar 31, 2015
Imanuelle:

Gotta take a stroll to Airtel's office, check the phone packs to know the code to be sent. cheesy
dont hesitate to come and share with us after checking
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by andepower: 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2015
I just bought 4.5GB at N3,500 but no bonus. Why?
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by chinkichun: 5:52pm On Mar 31, 2015
austinoeze:
I see APC mourning their presidential candidate
I also had this premonition today. But I hope and pray it doesn't happen.
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by donhils: 10:59pm On Mar 31, 2015
Upaka:

Plz is techno M3 a smart phone. I just bought it and I also bought an airtel sim . Can I get this data?
No it's a dumb phone.
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by lugado: 11:00am On Apr 05, 2015
Daninya11:

Does the glo bundle work on android ??.since I can't tweak my infinix hot note to use the cloned bb bis bundle for 1k.I need my value for money. The airtel android bundle dissipate with a speed of light.. Kindly reply..tnx
yeah it does. I use a Samsung galaxy mega android phone
Re: Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
Too late

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Twitter Is Down Too! Unable To Load Tweets (Photos) / MTN Gave Me 5k For Updating My Info. / Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.