Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:21 PM

My Coil Spring And Tire, Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Coil Spring And Tire, Help (1730 Views)

Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment / How To Avoid Tire Blow-out By Pumping Right Pressure Into Your Tire / How To Determine The Age Of A Car Tire (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Coil Spring And Tire, Help by silvoice(m): 10:31am On Mar 31, 2015
My coil spring broke yestarday, but i was able to drive d car frm owerry to PH, after tying d spring wit wire. Should i change d spring only or wit shock. Again i need a good new tire of R13 size where and how much can i get one in PH?
Re: My Coil Spring And Tire, Help by Coldplay007(f): 6:17pm On Mar 31, 2015
R13 ? What model is the car?
Re: My Coil Spring And Tire, Help by uwemjack(m): 9:02pm On Mar 31, 2015
silvoice:
My coil spring broke yestarday, but i was able to drive d car frm owerry to PH, after tying d spring wit wire. Should i change d spring only or wit shock. Again i need a good new tire of R13 size where and how much can i get one in PH?

Replace the spring with exact replica
Re: My Coil Spring And Tire, Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:06am On Apr 01, 2015
silvoice:

Would be nice to know what vehicle it is.
Re: My Coil Spring And Tire, Help by silvoice(m): 11:12am On Apr 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Would be nice to know what vehicle it is.
sir is nissan sunny 1993 model 1.4L. tire 155\80\R13
Re: My Coil Spring And Tire, Help by silvoice(m): 11:26am On Apr 01, 2015
Here is pix

Re: My Coil Spring And Tire, Help by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 02, 2015
Replace the damaged spring only unless if your absorber was weak before.
Does the vehicle bounce excessively before?
Re: My Coil Spring And Tire, Help by silvoice(m): 6:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
0rex:
Replace the damaged spring only unless if your absorber was weak before.
Does the vehicle bounce excessively before?
no. Even now, it bounce's normal. Pls how do i know d rating or size of d spring? I want 2 buy it on my way bk, so dat my mech. Would fix it at home. Thanks
Re: My Coil Spring And Tire, Help by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 02, 2015
silvoice:
no. Even now, it bounce's normal. Pls how do i know d rating or size of d spring? I want 2 buy it on my way bk, so dat my mech. Would fix it at home. Thanks
I would advise you to buy the spring & fix it at the same location. Aside the fact that it is very risky driving a car with a broken spring on the highway, in my opinion, it would be better for you to remove the spring & carry it with you when searching for a new one so you can get one of exact specifications.

As per my previous comment, you might have to replace your absorbers with the spring as your car seems to have both as a single assembly.
Re: My Coil Spring And Tire, Help by Nobody: 5:01am On Apr 03, 2015
People, please change both front springs.

You can get this on eBay or Amazon and delivered to your door.

Stop risking the lives of folks on the road.
Re: My Coil Spring And Tire, Help by silvoice(m): 9:12am On Apr 03, 2015
0rex:

As per my previous comment, you might have to replace your absorbers with the spring as your car seems to have both as a single assembly.

is that so? How sure are u? My mech. Inspected it yesterday and advised me to change it as soon as possible. He did not talk about d shock. Perharps he forgot or what?
Re: My Coil Spring And Tire, Help by DGD1(m): 9:27am On Apr 03, 2015
CityNG:
People, please change both front springs.

You can get this on eBay or Amazon and delivered to your door.

Stop risking the lives of folks on the road.

oga cityNG, its a 1993 car o,
plz, don't make me laff
Re: My Coil Spring And Tire, Help by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 03, 2015
silvoice:
is that so? How sure are u? My mech. Inspected it yesterday and advised me to change it as soon as possible. He did not talk about d shock. Perharps he forgot or what?

I'm not 100% sure. The last time my brother had to change his toyota camry shock absorber, i noticed the springs came along with it. I see a similar setup from the pic you uploaded. But i don't know if either can be replaced independently without welding or something.
Re: My Coil Spring And Tire, Help by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 03, 2015
DGD1:

oga cityNG, its a 1993 car o,
plz, don't make me laff

The year of the car doesn't even factor in at all.
Re: My Coil Spring And Tire, Help by Kashif(m): 11:14am On Apr 03, 2015
Replace the spring only. Had a similar experience long time ago, only spring was replaced, and car became stable again.
Re: My Coil Spring And Tire, Help by silvoice(m): 11:53am On Apr 03, 2015
Kashif:
Replace the spring only. Had a similar experience long time ago, only spring was replaced, and car became stable again.
thanks. Novice lik me wil always here frm car-talk b4 i do anything on my car. No matter how small or cheap the car is. Cos NAIRALANDERS here tru me saved my elder brother's Infinity Fx's engine, that i wil never forget

(1) (Reply)

Best Cars At The 2015 New York Motor Show: Full News Roundup. / A/C Pipe Welds. / Honda Accord 2006 For Grabs@730k(negotiable)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.