Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

I Just Got A New Golf 3, Pls How Do I Go About Registering It, Am A Begininer, - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Just Got A New Golf 3, Pls How Do I Go About Registering It, Am A Begininer, (932 Views)

Please Help A Brother Select: Volvo V40 And Golf 3 / Can I Get A New Golf For #200,000 / How Much In Naira Can I Order Or Buy Golf 3 Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Got A New Golf 3, Pls How Do I Go About Registering It, Am A Begininer, by ogedengbedamilare: 6:33pm On Mar 31, 2015
Just bought a clean 9ja used car, what do I need to do as per registration, am I to continue using the plate no or do change of ownership?
Re: I Just Got A New Golf 3, Pls How Do I Go About Registering It, Am A Begininer, by dgitrader(m): 6:41pm On Mar 31, 2015
Depends on ur state of residence, simply walk into the nearest state revenue office and ask for the list for new registration. It's a straight forward thing, avoid touts oh.
Re: I Just Got A New Golf 3, Pls How Do I Go About Registering It, Am A Begininer, by ogedengbedamilare: 9:55am On Apr 01, 2015
dgitrader:
Depends on ur state of residence, simply walk into the nearest state revenue office and ask for the list for new registration. It's a straight forward thing, avoid touts oh.

I meant what are the things I need to do to avoid police wahala, pls just brief me
Re: I Just Got A New Golf 3, Pls How Do I Go About Registering It, Am A Begininer, by optimised: 8:33pm On Apr 02, 2015
ogedengbedamilare:

I meant what are the things I need to do to avoid police wahala, pls just brief me
when I wanted to do change of ownership, I was quoted 28-30k. both by some agents here on nairaland and at my local licence. office in Akwa Ibom. since I didn't have such cash then I keep using that way until I sighted Online that Rivers state Revenue Board lists there fees online - after calling them, I realise that about 10- 17k can do the job. Mine required police extract N court affidavit in place of no customs paper - that is what made it rise to that amount, else 11k would have done it. It was then that I realised that staff of license office are touts themselves. while planning on how to get to Port Harcourt, someone directed me to meet one of our pastors in our local license office on personal basis - then the price of the process now dropped to the official range. Just did mine 18k.
Some fellows don't change ownership but just renew the particulars with the name of the previous owner.
Moral of my story - research is essential. People just believe car owners are to extorted at any slight opportunity

(1) (Reply)

Why So Many Adverts On Cartalk? / Mystery Part!!!!! / 2004 Kia Cerato For Sale At Giveaway Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.