Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

SOUTH Africa's Trevor Noah To Replace Jon Stewart On The Daily Show - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / SOUTH Africa's Trevor Noah To Replace Jon Stewart On The Daily Show (1262 Views)

TTT: "I Don't Have A Family, Everyone Is Dead" - Thin Tall Tony Tells Jon Ogah / Jon Ogah Hangs Out With Asa In France (Photos) / Breaking News: See What ‘killed’ Ramsey Noah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SOUTH Africa's Trevor Noah To Replace Jon Stewart On The Daily Show by 14(m): 10:30pm On Mar 31, 2015
South African comedian Trevor Noah is to replace Jon Stewart on The Daily Show, the New York Times reports.The 31-year-old made his debut as a contributor to the nightly satirical show last December.His first appearance took aim at racial tensions in the US, saying: "I never thought I'd be more afraid of police in America than in South Africa."Stewart announced he would be stepping down in January. He has hosted the influential comedy show for 16 years.The presenter has yet to set a timetable for his departure, but the selection of a replacement should make the task easier.Producers will want to give Noah time to settle into this new role before next year's Presidential election.Speaking to the New York Times from Dubai, where he is on tour, the comedian expressed disbelief at his appointment."You don't believe it for the first few hours," he said. "You need a stiff drink, and then unfortunately you're in a place where you can't really get alcohol.""I'm thrilled for the show and for Trevor," said Stewart in a statement. "He's a tremendous comic and talent that we've loved working with."South African reaction: Milton Nkosi, JohannesburgSouth Africans are overjoyed at the news that their compatriot will succeed Jon Stewart on the Daily Show. It was even the lead story in some local news bulletins.The Soweto-born comedian is a much-loved figure here. In a polarised country like South Africa he cuts across racial divisions with his great sense of humour.The department of Arts and Culture told me it was great news."No doubt this is a big development for Mr Noah's career and a resounding statement that South Africa has the artistic talent of international stature and calibre," said spokesman Sandile Memela."We wish to congratulate him on this significant achievement."Trevor Noah's funniest jokesWho is Trevor Noah?The star added he "may rejoin [The Daily Show] as a correspondent just to be a part of it!"Comedian Chris Rock, who had been touted as a possible replacement for Stewart,tweeted: "Thank you President Obama"Under Stewart's guidance, The Daily Show has become one of the most important political programmes on US television.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32114257
Re: SOUTH Africa's Trevor Noah To Replace Jon Stewart On The Daily Show by 14(m): 10:34pm On Mar 31, 2015
There he is

Re: SOUTH Africa's Trevor Noah To Replace Jon Stewart On The Daily Show by PunkyOh(f): 10:39pm On Mar 31, 2015
My boy! Congrats to him.
Re: SOUTH Africa's Trevor Noah To Replace Jon Stewart On The Daily Show by 14(m): 11:22pm On Mar 31, 2015
PunkyOh:
My boy! Congrats to him.

He is going places
Re: SOUTH Africa's Trevor Noah To Replace Jon Stewart On The Daily Show by vandalZA(m): 6:31am On Apr 01, 2015
His going to change the world of comedy.......PROUDLY SOUTH AFRICAN
Re: SOUTH Africa's Trevor Noah To Replace Jon Stewart On The Daily Show by 14(m): 4:00am On Apr 02, 2015
vandalZA:
His going to change the world of comedy.......PROUDLY SOUTH AFRICAN

Not too fast, Americans are on his case about tweets he posted 4yrs ago, jokes about jews and white ladies. These guys are mad that an african will be taking over from stewart.

Lets pray he wont be cut-off, you know americans and jews. you offend a jew you are an enemy to america. But Trevor noah offends everyone, they better get used to him. while he offends the rest of us, are jews gods that they cant be offended.
Re: SOUTH Africa's Trevor Noah To Replace Jon Stewart On The Daily Show by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
SOUTH AFRICA!!

(1) (Reply)

Empire Season Two Episode One, After The Show:the Devils Are Here Watch Now / Best Female Actors In Series / Which Movie Series Is Better... Empire Vs Game Of Thrones (GOT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.