Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,798 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Goodbye To Channel O - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Goodbye To Channel O (5218 Views)

Dstv Launches Muhammad Ali Channel / Mike Bamiloye Announces Launch Of MZTV, Nigeria's First Christian Movie Channel / Mnet To Shutdown Channel O Africa On 31march 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodbye To Channel O by ollyboi123(m): 1:18pm On Apr 01, 2015
After so many years ontop of the Musical channels we finally say Goodbye to Chanel O
when was the first time you watched chanel O
What's your favorite program

I can remember going to a friends house to watch Chanel O years back

Post your comment
Let's take our selves back to memory lane

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodbye To Channel O by ammyluv2002(f): 1:25pm On Apr 01, 2015
What happened to chanel O ? I'm lost
Re: Goodbye To Channel O by ollyboi123(m): 1:32pm On Apr 01, 2015
ammyluv2002:
What happened to chanel O ? I'm lost

Channel O Africa stopped airing on Tuesday 31th March 2015 ...
Re: Goodbye To Channel O by ammyluv2002(f): 1:38pm On Apr 01, 2015
ollyboi123:

Oh! Thanks
Re: Goodbye To Channel O by noskeybaba: 1:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
ollyboi123:

May I ask why?
Re: Goodbye To Channel O by ollyboi123(m): 1:47pm On Apr 01, 2015
by Chinwe Okafor

M-Net owned music station, Channel O will be closing down in less than 2 weeks.

The terrestrial cable network today announced that the music on Channel O Africa is closing shop on 31 March when the channel stops airing on DStv channel 320 and GOtv channel 70.

Channel O will hand over the baton to Africa Magic, which will be taking over as the new home of local music in Africa.

The decision was reportedly made to refocus its strategy to achieve a more efficient and streamlined approach that will enhance our subscribers’ television experience by providing them with regionalised music content.

One of the results of this new approach was the termination of the rest of Africa feed of Channel O, to allow M-Net to create customised music content according to regional preferences on its existing Africa Magic brands where the rest of Africa’s music talent will get ample space to shine.
noskeybaba:

May I ask why?

Yes you may
Re: Goodbye To Channel O by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
It should be because of competition.

1 Like

Re: Goodbye To Channel O by ollyboi123(m): 1:37am On Apr 02, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

Exactly .. From. Soundcity and hip tv

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodbye To Channel O by 14(m): 3:06am On Apr 02, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

Not exactly, its a bit challenging to run a music channel in africa, where different genres of music exist, and the choice of music differ regionby region. Ask Mtv base, they have been battling with similar issue, hence they separated Mtv base SA and Mtv ROA. Guys from east and central africa feel left out, because most of music played on Channel O africa was nigerian, so guys from east africa always complained about.

Now africa Magic will take over and play music for west africa, and Mashirika tv will play most music from east africa. By so doing, evryone will have a fair share. So this is very bad for Nigerian music, it thrives on channel o africa. now we have only Mtv base ROA to export Nigerian music

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodbye To Channel O by Olucheye(m): 12:19am On Apr 03, 2015
RIP Channel O!

I Belive The decision was taken in the best of business interest.
My first time of seeing it was in 2003.

Not like I get to see it often though, but it's one of the channels You just have there for its mystic legendary status
Re: Goodbye To Channel O by 14(m): 3:17am On Apr 03, 2015
Olucheye:
RIP Channel O!

I Belive The decision was taken in the best of business interest.
My first time of seeing it was in 2003.

Not like I get to see it often though, but it's one of the channels You just have there for its mystic legendary status

Channel O is not dead, it is still running in South Africa. CHANNEL O Africa is the one that has been discontinued. The real Channel O is still in operations in SA.

1 Like

Re: Goodbye To Channel O by vandalZA(m): 6:56am On Apr 03, 2015
14:

Channel O is not dead, it is still running in South Africa. CHANNEL O Africa is the one that has been discontinued. The real Channel O is still in operations in SA.
that's true I'm watching it now.......and sorry for the African friends
Re: Goodbye To Channel O by gagewonda(m): 5:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
I miss channel o mehn, truth be told u can't compare der quality wit hip tv nd even sound city. I remember back den using ABG cable systems I was glued to channel o.i miss d old days of presenters like mimi k, kabello, miss candy. Channel o lost it after dis set of presenters left.
Re: Goodbye To Channel O by Nobody: 3:33am On Aug 12, 2015
These people have mind sha. To quit operations fiiam! and break the hearts of so many consumers in one move like that. Malevolent brands. That was how ESPN quit operations in Africa and Europe in 2013. Thing felt like a heartbreak, like I had been jilted by my lover.

Business decisions are somehow. I don't even know how I will run the startups I want to create. I can be very emo about these things.
Re: Goodbye To Channel O by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 12, 2015
SirChotas:
These people have mind sha. To quit operations fiiam! and break the hearts of so many consumers in one move like that. Malevolent brands. That was how ESPN quit operations in Africa and Europe in 2013. Thing felt like a heartbreak, like I had been jilted by my lover.

Business decisions are somehow. I don't even know how I will run the startups I want to create. I can be very emo about these things.

Lmao!!!

1 Like

Re: Goodbye To Channel O by slimkhan(m): 11:55am On Aug 12, 2015
Y nw day cnt alway satisfy evry1 dey shud knw dat #MissinmachannelO

(1) (Reply)

My 15 Most Disturbing Movies. / Hitv And Dstv / Download Video: The King’s Woman (chinese Tvseries) With Eng Subtitles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.