Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Hitv And Dstv - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv And Dstv (5257 Views)

Animax Tv (a 24hrs Anime Channel Launches On Hitv) / Hitv,fstv And Dstv / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hitv And Dstv by bayojones: 10:42am On Mar 20, 2008
wat is your take btw hitv and dstv please respond mo positively

which one ll u rather go with
Re: Hitv And Dstv by urfriend(m): 8:12pm On Mar 20, 2008
hi all,see we nigerian are very good at complaining,not that u have no right to.but,u say hitv repeats too much,ok check all supersports channels from 1 - 10,u will notice they repeat the same thing over and over among the channels.mm1-2,go,mnet series,mnet stars also repeat the same programmes among them selfs.and not saying hitv don't have it's own problems,but pls give them time.dstv has put dp much mess in the system[movies,documentry etc].it's going to take time for it to change.for subcription,it's now far beta than b4.if u are outside lagos,send an email plus ur[gtb slip number,name of subscriber,phone number,etc ]to info@hientertainment.tv or adeolaa@hientertainment.tv.i sure u it will be worked on.also let me make it known that the reson hitv donot start the matches on time,was because they was no signal from [img]the guys that distribute the epl for the english fa.they got signal during halftime.that was why they showed chelsea game delayed.
Re: Hitv And Dstv by bayojones: 11:53am On Mar 21, 2008
@ urfriend it is glaring that u work for hitv, but it is ok, i want to say here that hitv can in no standard be compared with dstv
1st i have been watching epl on dstv since 2002 and not a single match have dey complained of no signals for 6 years but in less than a yr series of matches
on hitv has been delayed or not shown at all, without no form of explanations or apologies, talkin abt repeatation hitv can show a match more dan 4 times a day
they really have no programme, now that the season is windin up let see wat ll become of them, they are really messed up,
no champions league, no fa cup, just epl and they hv scored so low in the coverage, time is wat i hate pple saying cos dey have a standard dstv did not hv a standard
wen they started, to stay up or in business u hv to surpass those u met in the game, that is it,but hitv is really bad, i had a friend in akoka, lagos
his signal was lost was 2 wks, he called and calledbut nothin happened and all of a sudden after abt 18days signals just came up, nd at the end of subscribtion period
it went withou no compasation, pls dnt compare hi to dstv abeg they are not in the same league at all
Re: Hitv And Dstv by urfriend(m): 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2008
hi what has hitv got to do with ur friend losing signal.he knows that when signal is lost the first thing to do is call the installer who installed the system.was it hitv that did the installation?.pls stop giving wrong info.tell ur friend to call is installer.
Re: Hitv And Dstv by urfriend(m): 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2008
hi,no one forced u guys to get hitv.if dstv is the almighty,why then did u get hitv.give them time.right now,hitv has just intalled anew subscription software,meaning activation will be faster and also go off on the appointed date.
Re: Hitv And Dstv by bluehorizo(m): 7:40pm On Mar 21, 2008
urfriend:

hi,no one forced u guys to get hitv.if dstv is the almighty,why then did u get hitv.give them time.right now,hitv has just intalled anew subscription software,meaning activation will be faster and also go off on the appointed date.

ARE YOU GETTING FRUSTRATED? YOU SHOULD SHUT UP AND STOP OPENING THAT TRASH YOU CALL MOUTH. YOU SHOULD TELL YOUR EMPLOYERS TO MAKE HASTE WHILE THE SUN SHINES.
Re: Hitv And Dstv by urfriend(m): 8:03pm On Mar 21, 2008
well for ur information am not,am just tell u thefact of life.also i do not work for hitv,take note.
Re: Hitv And Dstv by bluehorizo(m): 8:15pm On Mar 21, 2008
urfriend:

well for your information am not,am just tell u thefact of life.also i do not work for hitv,take note.

AND YOU ARE ALWAYS ON THE DEFENSIVE.HMMM OPURO
Re: Hitv And Dstv by niyi09(m): 1:04pm On Mar 22, 2008
@urfriend
PLs why do u always lie to us when we criticize hitv that they would soon add channels.
Re: Hitv And Dstv by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 22, 2008
This is just a simple reason y we nigerians contradict ourself.Y not give Hi Tv a chance,i mean its just about 8months n u r already clampin them.
It pays you to always make ur money and giv it to outsiders and u'll b d one complanin about patriotism.I think is bout time we support ourself

1 Like

Re: Hitv And Dstv by urfriend(m): 7:26pm On Mar 26, 2008
coming new channels on hitv this april,discovery civiliazation,zee cinema,foxnews,setanta sports,and some other good channels i have not comfimed yet.this channels will be on a new freq. to be made known soon by hitv.also activation will soon be done via sms,online with a rechange[testing is on going].also with u pay at any branch of gtbank ur subscription will be activated automatically[also in testing].
Re: Hitv And Dstv by urfriend(m): 7:35pm On Mar 28, 2008
hi guys,starting from monday 31st march,hitv shall have a new promo which will sell at the price of N9,999[dish,decorder,smart card].N4000 for subscription and 5-6 thousand for installation.total N19,000.
Re: Hitv And Dstv by toskom(m): 9:17pm On Jun 15, 2008
There is no bases of comparison between hitv and dstv. hitv is different from dstv. hitv is a nigerian comapany and we are proud of it. hitv may not be there now, but we have no doubt that in the next few years all nigerians will be proud of hitv. our vision in hitv is not the same with dstv. we are not going to the same place with dstv. Where we are going to at hitv is bigger than what nigerians can comprehend for now. we solicit the support of all nigerian to make our great nigerian company work. love to all nigerians.
Re: Hitv And Dstv by niyi09(m): 11:32pm On Jun 15, 2008
@toskom
Hitv is just robbing Nigerians of their hardearned money and hiding under the pretence of proudly nigerian.hitv sucks.i bought my hitv dish and decoder the month they rolled out their sattelite service precisely a week after and i never enjoyed it for once.combination of wacked channels.HI_rubbish.
Re: Hitv And Dstv by eji(f): 7:29pm On Jun 16, 2008
hi niyi09,i have been reading pages that have to do with hitv,u have always been complaining about every little thing.please let's give them time.the satellite business is not a day job.it's a long term business.the dstv u have now took more than 22years to build.and they didn't have competition,until hitv came.
Re: Hitv And Dstv by toskom(m): 7:42pm On Jun 16, 2008
Well, niyi i understand your frustration just be patient with hitv. hitv is doing every thing possible to make his subscibers happy. hitv is not hi rubbish. this is just the early stage, give hitv time and u would be proud of hitv. it is not as if hitv does not feel what you feel, in fact the mangement of hitv are work ver hard to make sure that there subscriber get the best. " a man's beginning may be small but definitely the latter shall be greatly increase".
Re: Hitv And Dstv by niyi09(m): 7:45pm On Jun 16, 2008
@EJI HI eji,welcome to the thread,it is not that i dont like hitv,i have always been a supporter of the company and i quickly bought their sattelite package the second week they rolled out service but i have not enjoyed my money one bit,they lied to us and they are still lying,i hate been cheated and hitv is doing just that.@teskom,i hope hitv improves.do u work for hitv Teskom
Re: Hitv And Dstv by kaypumpin2(m): 8:02pm On Jun 16, 2008
patrotism shouldnt be an excuse for ineptitude.I think Hitv was just so much of an impetous move.Glo was and is still Nigerian and they gave us better option and services without so much ado and excuses( per sec billing et al.)You know why,they did thier home work,investigated and researched.Got what the other telecomm companies' achilles heel were and turned it to thier own strong point and forte.With this tactics you wouldnt start where your competitors started,but where they left off.Hitv you have done the same thing,rather than impetously jumping into this biz.Will this monthly subscriptions paid during this trial and error period be compensated for when you have so called solid feet on the ground??, you bet the answer is no,and these funds aint easy to come by
Re: Hitv And Dstv by urfriend(m): 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2008
hi all,hitv just added zee cinema on 12130 H 27500.they will be sharing the transponder with gtv till eutelsat launches it's new satellite called eutelsat w7 by mid july 2009.hitv shall add one new channel every week.
Re: Hitv And Dstv by toskom(m): 7:10pm On Jun 27, 2008
for all the Hi-subscribers getting ready for more HI-ENTERTAINMENT, HI-JOY,HI-EXCITEMENT,HI-SATISFACTION,HI-VALUE FOR MONEY,HI-ENJOYMENT etc it is time for a sit back and relax and enjoy the best of HiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiTV"CORRECT TV".
Re: Hitv And Dstv by ayusman16(m): 11:01am On Jun 29, 2008
toskom:

for all the Hi-subscribers getting ready for more HI-ENTERTAINMENT, HI-JOY,HI-EXCITEMENT,HI-SATISFACTION,HI-VALUE FOR MONEY,HI-ENJOYMENT etc it is time for a sit back and relax and enjoy the best of HiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiTV"CORRECT TV".

HI-Toskom, u must be HIgh on expired drug grin
Re: Hitv And Dstv by ladybam(f): 1:01pm On Jun 29, 2008
Hitv ke
Re: Hitv And Dstv by ObiTen1(m): 5:57pm On Sep 01, 2008
I respect Toyin Subair and what he's tryin to do, honestly, I think Dstv is rippin people off. BUT, the product is waaay below Dstv standards, no signal problems and what not and u have bought all the rights to everything(Even the Champions league and Carling Cup)
All I can say is, after almost a year in operation, even with the almot exclusive rights of the premiership and having dirt cheap subscription and installation charges, u still only have less than 200,000 users in a country of 140million, then there's something wrong with ur product. basically what is happening is that no matter how sweet it looks, people will prefer to go and watch the match at a bar or viewing centre than pay for a buggy satellite service. The fact is that most of Hitv subscribers are viewing centres.
In the end, this is business, and when the huge sums of money used to outbid all other competitors for these rights need to be recouped, Hitv subscription prices will shoot up and then we will really hate them,
We want a Nigerian owned satelite Tv option, of course, but there are industry standards that must be adhered to and Hitv has no regard for these, the problem with Nigerians is, we as a people are too used to accepting bullshit service and saying "give them time".
Re: Hitv And Dstv by Fadajasi(m): 9:46pm On Sep 03, 2008
I learnt today that when u bend the smart card in ur dstv decorder,the dstv written side facing up,and bend it in u-spape,the use a magnet to strach the part that is lyk sim card gently lyk 4 times,u get another 7days subscription after it has expired,wanna know if its true
Re: Hitv And Dstv by soloqy: 10:46am On Sep 05, 2008
Fadajasi:

I learnt today that when u bend the smart card in your dstv decorder,the dstv written side facing up,and bend it in u-spape,the use a magnet to strach the part that is like sim card gently like 4 times,u get another 7days subscription after it has expired,want to know if its true

no go damage your smart card o
Re: Hitv And Dstv by shamass77(m): 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2008
HAKUNA MATATA, DAARSAT IS HERE,

DAARSAT promises rich content for viewers

A NEW satellite Direct-To-Home (DTH) Pay TV platform, DAARSAT from the stable of the Daar Communications Plc is set to hit the airwaves soon with a promise of rich broadcast content for the viewers. DAARSAT comes with a deep afrocentric orientation which aligns with the traditions of DAAR Communications Plc, owners of DAARSAT.

DAARSAT will be the first satellite Pay TV platform offering service in Nigeria and operating wholly from Nigeria. This oreintation is based on the owner's belief in the development of the technological manpower in Nigeria to meet the challenges of the 21st century.

With a strong focus on exceptional customer service management, DAARSAT is conceptualized with a programme bouquet to satisfy the yearning and aspirations of Nigerians. It is one platform that takes cognizance of the interests of the viewers. The new pay TV comes with superior quality and programme depth that is second to none.

DAARSAT will commence operations with 40 channels that span entertainment, sports, movies, lifestyle, news, fashion and music. A major feature of the new pay TVs is the deliberate choice of the channels to align with the expectation of the Nigerian viewing public.

DAARSAT will introduce the latest compression technology - MPEG4 which gives it the capability to introduce real High Definition programming to Nigeria as it will air Nigeria's first High definition broadcast content as part of its programme offering.

In a bid to accelerate the transfer of technology, DAARSAT will, in its first year of operation, commence the manufacture of its decoders in Nigeria.

In DAAR Communications Plc's traditional pioneering role, the new pay TV offering is set to introduce to Nigeria, the world's first Integrated Decoder and LCD Television which receives both digital terrestrial and satellite television signals.

The Executive Chairman, DAAR Communication, Dr Raymond Dokpesi said DAARSAT has a focus to Nigerianize the pay TV industry in Nigeria. The vision is predicated on the need to make every Nigerian have a sense of belonging in the new pay TV. It is an attempt at creating a voice for Nigerians.

Dokpesi also said the company has engaged expatriate engineers who will develop the competence of its manpower in engineering and technical areas to accelerate the transfer of technological skill sets required in this budding new industry.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/media/article06//indexn3_html?pdate=010908&ptitle=DAARSAT%20promises%20rich%20content%20for%20viewers&cpdate=020908
Re: Hitv And Dstv by MT: 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2008
HITV : My Torturous Experience

Please All,

I don't know if i am the only one having this problem with HITV. They scarmble my smart card even as I still have 2 weeks of credit left on my card. To make matter worse, no apology from their end.

Two, When I pay to subscribe, I have to go and give my card to one of their agent (since Its difficult to get through to hitv customer service, and even if u do, the smart card will take days to get activated)who will in turn collect 1000 naira in order to use his "connection" with hitv staffs to get my card activated. Each month, i have to live with this nightmare. I even asked if i could pay for a whole year, and the agent told me point blank that it would be a total waste of money as my smart card could still be scrambled as it pleases HITV.

Please, i need your advice b4 HITV turns me nut.
Re: Hitv And Dstv by soloqy: 11:50am On Oct 07, 2008
MT:

HITV : My Torturous Experience

Please All,

I don't know if i am the only one having this problem with HITV. They scarmble my smart card even as I still have 2 weeks of credit left on my card. To make matter worse, no apology from their end.

Two, When I pay to subscribe, I have to go and give my card to one of their agent (since Its difficult to get through to hitv customer service, and even if u do, the smart card will take days to get activated)who will in turn collect 1000 naira in order to use his "connection" with hitv staffs to get my card activated. Each month, i have to live with this nightmare. I even asked if i could pay for a whole year, and the agent told me point blank that it would be a total waste of money as my smart card could still be scrambled as it pleases HITV.

Please, i need your advice before HITV turns me nut.

We are all going through the activation, scrambling and no access nightmares but yours is quite advanced.

Imagine your installer collecting 1k to activate a subscription of 4k?

I think you should move over to this thread : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-106379.832.html

You will be better advised or helped there.
Re: Hitv And Dstv by urfriend(m): 11:52am On Oct 07, 2008
hi MT, what is your smart card number and payment details?,
Re: Hitv And Dstv by urfriend(m): 11:53am On Oct 07, 2008
hi mt,pls what is the name of the dealer that collected 1,000 naira from you.
Re: Hitv And Dstv by MT: 8:05pm On Oct 10, 2008
@urfriend,

I might not be able to give you the name of the agent as this could affect his business with HITV, but I must tell you that it's for real.

If you could provide your number, I will give you a ring and we will discuss more, maybe you could even be the messiah that I have been waiting for.

Thanks for your concern though.
Re: Hitv And Dstv by kwachazz: 3:14am On Oct 23, 2008
Reading this thread i feel very sorry for urfriend and HiTV.
HiTV has had its five minutes of fame when it won the EPL rights and reduced subscription fees to 4k (Congrats for that) but beyond that i personally have been disappointed with hitv in every other aspect.
It is true that DAARSAT has spent a lot of money on new technology and infrastructure, but who said they will not spend even more money on content?
Perhaps HiTV’s lack of spending in the technical department is responsible for the poor picture quality, bad subscriber management system and limited capacity to add more channels?
As far as DAARSAT and content is concerned what i see is that there is not so much to buy right now and i am sure they have bought up a lot of what is available. Spanish league will not be sold till next year as will the premiership so what do you want them to buy so you will know they are serious about content?
I believe that the technology of any broadcaster is the foundation of its business. Yes content is king but with poor technical infrastructure it is like building a house on quicksand, you will implode and sink as HiTV is presently learning.
I spoke with a senior manager at DAARSAT last weekend and this is the latest jist from DAARSAT:
1. DAARSAT is still busy perfecting their technical delivery, customer service and getting more channels! Commercial launch is due on or before November 7th. Learning from HiTV’s mistakes they don’t want to come out to the market without ironing out issues they can handle before getting to the market.

2. They now have in excess of 50 channels positioning to be appealing to all members of the family, they literally have something for everyone from your grandmother that can't speak english to your kids wanting to become the next Jay Jay with a dedicated soccer school channel. They have also acquired some of the latest series titles released in the US on NBC network this month.

3. There are no live premiership games on the platform for now, but you can expect to see the Brazilian league, German league, French League, Turkish League, a number of top international matches including Brazil, Argentina, Portugal etc

4. You will see at least 6 premiership matches delayed the day after they are played, it is true that it is not the same as live, but it is the next best thing for now.

5. They have now also agreed to show the MGM Channel, which Hollywood film lovers will recognise for all the Oscars the MGM studios have produced

6. This one i know say Naija go vex and e never dey confirmed but i hear say them wan stop to dey show Nigeria International matches live for free to air television, say AIT na only delayed them go show from now on!!! Na only Daarsat subscribers go watch Nigeria Live from now O!!!!!!!!

7. The USP of DAARSAT partnership with Visafone is not aimed at offering subscribers internet access although this is a side benefit, it is aimed at creating a DAARSAT subscriber community which can make free calls amongst themselves all day, all night, all year for as long as they remain DAARSAT Subscribers.

I hope this information is helpful and gives a little insight into what Daarsat is offering!!!

OK the last channel list i am aware of is as follows:

AIT MOVIESTAR (MOVIE/DRAMA – A dedicated Naija movie channel making waves in the UK)
DAAR STARXPRESS (MOVIE/DRAMA – A series channel with the latest and hottest telenovelas, American series, Hollywood and Bollywood movies etc)
SAHARA ONE (MOVIE/DRAMA – An Indian movie channel)
SAHARA FILMY (MOVIE/DRAMA – An Indian movie channel)
B4U MOVIES (MOVIE/DRAMA – An Indian movie channel)
FOX CRIME (MOVIE/DRAMA – Top Crime and Investigation content from the Fox Network in USA)

FOX ENTERTAINMENT (MOVIE/DRAMA – Top entertainment series and movies from the Fox Stable in the USA)

LUX TV (LIFESTYLE – If you no get money and you get bad belle no just look this channel cause the efizee 2much)

ART CHANNEL (LIFESTYLE – the art of film making, music composition and inspiration for artists, musicians, designers, architects and the creatively inclined)

GAMZAKI CHANNEL (LIFESTYLE – Housa channel)
FAAJI TELEVISION (LIFESTYLE – Yoruba channel)
AIT (GENERAL INTEREST)
NTA (GENERAL INTEREST)
CHANNELS (GENERAL INTEREST)
MBI INTERNATIONAL (GENERAL INTEREST)
GATEWAY TV (GENERAL INTEREST)
NICKOLODEON (KIDS/TEEN – kids channel)
FOX BABY TV (KIDS/TEEN – Highest rating baby channel from children under 4years in the world)
KIDSCO (KIDS/TEEN – kids channel)
FUEL (KIDS/TEEN –top skateboarding, bicycling stunts etc)
EURONEWS (NEWS –European perspective)
BBC WORLD (NEWS – British perspective)
AL-JAZEERA (NEWS – Arab perspective)
FOX NEWS (NEWS –American perspective)
AIT NEWS (NEWS – African perspective)

AIT PARLIAMENTARY (NEWS – Live Senate, House of Reps and State Assembly sessions – government transparency and power to the people channel)

AFRICA BUSINESS CHANNEL (FINANCIAL NEWS – Nigerian and African business and industry news update)

CNBC AFRICA (FINANCIAL NEWS – African business and industry news update)

AIT SPORTS (SPORTS – live german, French, brazilian and Turkish league football, club tv channels including Everton TV, Portsmouth TV, Inter Milan TV, Juventus TV, Roma TV and top international football including matches of Nigeria, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal etc)

AIT SPORTS 2 (SPORTS – all other sports including NBA)
FOX SPORTS (SPORTS – American sports, Bolton TV,)
SETANTA AFRICA (SPORTS – Boxing, Arsenal TV, Tottenham TV, tennis etc)
EUROSPORTNEWS (SPORTS – sports news)
QUEST TV (FASHION – Nigerian fashion TV)
FASHION TV (FASHION – International fashion TV)
B4U MUSIC (MUSIC – Music channel)
SOUND CITY (MUSIC – 24 hour Soundcity channel)
PRIMETIME AFRICA (MUSIC – 24 hour rebranded and new kennis music tv channel)
MTV BASE (MUSIC)
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC MUSIC (MUSIC)
MCM TOP (MUSIC)
MCM POP (MUSIC)
C-MUSIC (MUSIC)
SCITECH TV (DOCUMENTARY – Science documentaries)
DISCOVERY WORLD (DOCUMENTARY – General documentaries)
DISCOVERY TRAVEL & LIVING (DOCUMENTARY – travel, culture and lifestyle programming)
LOVE WORLD (RELIGIOUS – God dey o!)
DOVE MEDIA (RELIGIOUS – In God we trust!!)
VATICAN TV (RELIGIOUS – Roman Catholic)
ISLAMIC CHANNEL (TBA) (RELIGIOUS – Islam education and enlightment programming)

I also understand there is now

MGM Channel (Movies – Dedicated channel to the best films from the Hollywood MGM movies studios)
Soccer Academy TV (Sport – A source of inspiration and a skills course for children wanting to learn to play like their soccer heros)

PS. the www.daarsat.com website is a temporary website which will give anyone all the information they need about daarsat, to register as subscribers, dealers etc. DAARSAT say they are launching their state of the art website early next year.

(1) (Reply)

Gotv Mistakenly Subscribed Twice, Please Help! / Nollywood Now Practise Sex Scene / Movie Sites I Can Download 3gp File?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.