Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,535 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Relax, Obama Will Pay! - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Relax, Obama Will Pay! (657 Views)

Some Funny Pictures To Help You Relax After Work / Just Relax With These Pics! / I Wonder Why Obama Will Do This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relax, Obama Will Pay! by JJYOU: 2:29pm On Jan 23, 2009
Relax, Obama will pay! E-mail
Written by Mike Ebonugwo
Friday, 23 January 2009
A MILD drama occurred during a news-stand gathering of the ubiquitous free readers at the Mile Two Bus-stop on Tuesday. A member of the gathering, Cninedu Asogwa, had picked up one of the newspapers on display and began to read with rapt attention and concentration.

After waiting for some minutes for him to “shake body”, the newspaper vendor had tentatively asked him thus: “Come, are buying the paper; if not, you better put it down.” But Chinedu had promptly said in reply: “Ol’boy relax, Obama will pay for me.”

This response left those present, including the vendor, momentarily speechless in astonishment. A fellow who gave his name as Afolabi Adebanji was the first to recover and had exclaimed thus: “Obama will pay ke! How is that possible? Abi na Obama send you go buy paper?” And the vendor had quickly chipped in: “Abeg, make una help me ask o.”

Responding, Chinedu had explained that since the day was the historic inauguration day of Barack Obama as the first Black President of the United States of America, all items of merchandise, including newspapers, should be given out free to all prospective buyers as a way of honouring this great son of Africa.

“Look, are you people forgetting that it’s today that they are swearing in Obama as the first Black President of America. You think it’s an easy thing? Or do you think it’s everyday that they swear in a Black person as the President of America?

That is why we should honour him today by giving out everything they are selling in the market and everywhere free of charge to people. It is also the best way to demonstrate to God that we appreciate this great honour that He has done to us as Africans,” he stated in a voice devoid of humour.

The vendor, however, was not impressed as he retorted thus: “Enh-eh, so I should dash the papers I used my money to buy to people for free because Obama has been sworn in as the President of America.

If you want that one to happen, why didn’t you start the campaign with newspaper houses so that they will give us, the vendors, the papers free to share to people. Instead of you to say you don’t have money to buy paper you, are hiding under Obama to collect my paper for FOC”.

Although some members of the gathering tittered at this reply, a fellow, by name Brown Ejoor, thought that Chinedu’s idea had some merit. “But look o, it’s not a bad idea if our government should declare today a day of free bonanza for everything that somebody wants to buy.

Yes now, it’s not a bad idea at all if President Yar’Adua should declare that today fuel should be free at all the filling stations, food items like rice and beans and all essential commodities that people need, to be free, while all state governors in the country should make transportation, whether by road or air, to be free today. Imagine what will happen if we use that to celebrate Obama. Even Kenya, his father homeland will be envious of us,” he submitted with feeling.

Another fellow, Ferdinand Okorie, enthusiastically bought into the idea, adding: “Yes o, but, more importantly, they should allow us free access to all the big hotels and eateries like Sheraton, Eko Meridian, Mr Bigg’s, Tantalizers, Sweet Sensation, Chicken Republic, etc.

In fact, it will be a great celebration in this country and Obama himself will congratulate us when he hears about it. He will know that apart from America and Kenya, Nigeria is another country he can call his own.”

In the midst of the ensuing laughter, the vendor had declared in a humourously reprimanding tone: “Na thief dey worry all of una. In fact, wetin dey hungry una no dey for market. Una for kuku say make Yar’Adua make everything in this country to be free from now just because Obama is now the President of America”. http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/26988/118/
Re: Relax, Obama Will Pay! by JJYOU: 1:08am On Jan 24, 2009
funny nigerians
Re: Relax, Obama Will Pay! by dyabman(m): 8:04am On Jan 24, 2009
nau post , na the same u reply to the post , how synical
Re: Relax, Obama Will Pay! by sylve11: 10:35am On Jan 24, 2009
Relaz, Obama will pay cool
Re: Relax, Obama Will Pay! by romsky: 1:46pm On Jan 24, 2009
Relax Mugambe will pay
Re: Relax, Obama Will Pay! by sylve11: 3:34pm On Jan 24, 2009
Captain na only ur thing dey always different.
Re: Relax, Obama Will Pay! by JJYOU: 6:39pm On Jan 24, 2009
dyabman:

nau post , na the same u reply to the post , how synical
did it occur to you that was a newspaper article
Re: Relax, Obama Will Pay! by SeanT21(f): 11:19am On Jan 25, 2009
~~lmao~~ :d
Re: Relax, Obama Will Pay! by sylve11: 12:22pm On Jan 26, 2009
relax obama will pay

(1) (Reply)

Work Without Faith Is Dead / My People / Re: Joke Section: - Chat Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.