Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances (19331 Views)

Yabatech Students Cries Out: Sch Mgt Illegally Increases Fee / Abia Public School Teachers On Strike Over 6 Months Unpaid Salaries / Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by IamZinah: 10:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
It has been 6 months ever since we last received our allowance for upkeep and rent. Students in Czech Republic got their studies terminated today due to unpaid tuition. Some students in the UK also face risk of their studies being terminated

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by emmysoftyou: 10:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
they shuld wait until buhari enter,cos there money might be pending on a wrong hands.

they shuld wait 4 sai buhari

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by DesChyko: 10:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
Vague claims.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by IamZinah: 10:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
DesChyko:
Vague claims.

These are not vague claims, these are facts.

10 Likes

Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by DesChyko: 10:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
IamZinah:

These are not vague claims, these are facts.

By vague, I meant unclear.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by IamZinah: 10:15pm On Apr 01, 2015
DesChyko:

By vague, I meant unclear.

Ask anything and I will clarify you, as a matter of fact, I am one of them

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by oduastates: 10:15pm On Apr 01, 2015
If you are being sponsored in Canada, UK and america and you cannot hustle, then I think your education is not complete.
You do not know how lucky you are.
Many people already have admissions and will be happy with only a visa.
They will sort out the rest once they get there.
I know people whose parent sold land to raise half of their tuition and who went ahead to borrow money for ticket and 1 month living expenses.
That is,
Half of first year tuition
1 month living expenses.
One way ticket

In facts, this is all the help they ever got. Some even had spouses and children.
This is where you have to think outside the box.
If you are only allowed to work for 10hrs and you do not want to exceed the limit, then that 10 hrs has to be maximise to the limit. If others are earning $10, you have to earn $30.
That 10hr limit is a joke. There are many quick cash in hand jobs around.
You cannot afford but to think like this.
You have to make friends with locals. You cannot even begin to believe what a girlfriend or classmate can do for you.
Using Vouchers,entrepreneurship, utilising and managing your credit card properly are some of the tricks.
Summary: if illegal aliens can survive and even prosper, you have no choice but to put on your thinking cap.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by DesChyko: 10:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
IamZinah:

Ask anything and I will clarify you, as a matter of fact, I am one of them

Wow, my apologies.
You're trying to say you are students sponsored by Rivers State Government on scholarship?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by IamZinah: 10:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
DesChyko:

Wow, my apologies.
You're trying to say you are students sponsored by Rivers State Government on scholarship?

Yes

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by IamZinah: 10:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
oduastates:
If you are being sponsored in Canada, UK and america and you cannot hustle, then I think your education is not complete.

Hustle for 6 months?

Do you know some students are currently writing their projects. Do you know what it means to stay for 6 months in the UK without funding. Rent + Bills and Feeding ................

14 Likes

Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by DesChyko: 10:32pm On Apr 01, 2015
IamZinah:

Yes

In Czech Republic. And the government are supposed to be sending you money for tuition and upkeep every month but haven't done so since November?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by IamZinah: 10:35pm On Apr 01, 2015
DesChyko:

In Czech Republic. And the government are supposed to be sending you money for tuition and upkeep every month but haven't done so since November?

Am in the UK, but I have friends under same scholarship in the US, Hungary, Canada and Czech Republic and haven't received allowance since November.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by godswill4m(m): 10:37pm On Apr 01, 2015
Water don pass garri
Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by DesChyko: 10:44pm On Apr 01, 2015
IamZinah:

Am in the UK, but I have friends under same scholarship in the US, Hungary, Canada and Czech Republic and haven't received allowance since November.

Okay. You should have included all these in your introductory post. Although you're less likely to get attention until May 29th, but there's no harm in trial.

Meanwhile, don't you have provisions to work over there yet? Or are you just concerned about the tuition?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by IamZinah: 10:48pm On Apr 01, 2015
DesChyko:

Okay. You should have included all these in your introductory post. Although you're less likely to get attention until May 29th, but there's no harm in trial.

Meanwhile, don't you have provisions to work over there yet? Or are you just concerned about the tuition?

Main concern here is tuition, as am typing this, students in Czech Republic got their studies terminated. Even if there is provision for work, it can;t cater for Rent and Upkeep and also there wouldn't be enough time to study. Also in the UK they have just 20 hours per week working permit.

It's really difficult.

Please how can I get this to the FP

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by DesChyko: 10:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
IamZinah:

Main concern here is tuition, as am typing this, students in Czech Republic got their studies terminated. Even if there is provision for work, it can;t cater for Rent and Upkeep and also there wouldn't be enough time to study. Also in the UK they have just 20 hours per week working permit.

It's really difficult.

Please how can I get this to the FP
Try to modify your first post to contain enough information about your mission. Then quote names of moderators like lalasticlala, ishilove, Obinoscopy, e.t.c. Those are the few I know. They'll move it themselves. But your information should be quality.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
you guys are lucky buhari is on deck.just chill.its only two months.
Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by IamZinah: 10:58pm On Apr 01, 2015
DesChyko:

Try to modify your first post to contain enough information about your mission. Then quote names of moderators like lalasticlala, ishilove, Obinoscopy, e.t.c. Those are the few I know. They'll move it themselves. But your information should be quality.

Thanks
Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by IamZinah: 8:22am On Apr 02, 2015
akereconfi
Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by saintandsinnerz: 8:56am On Apr 02, 2015
Na politics cause am. Maybe he invested so much money in Buhari's campaign, hence he does not have enough money to fulfill his obligations to you guys. Just hold on a bit, very soon the looting will begin, then he will have enough money to spare for you guys

13 Likes

Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 02, 2015
Eeya
Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by joystickextendr: 9:01am On Apr 02, 2015
nah wah o angry

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 02, 2015
is that zinnah studying signature in jand?? nna see signature abeg... CBN shud just employ that zinna jare as its governor.

12 Likes

Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 02, 2015
shocked
Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by boolet: 9:02am On Apr 02, 2015
grin
Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by halimat38(f): 9:02am On Apr 02, 2015
emmysoftyou:
they shuld wait until buhari enter,cos there money might be pending on a wrong hands.

they shuld wait 4 sai buhari

you are funny,love that kiss
Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by watered(m): 9:03am On Apr 02, 2015
So dem escape ASUU strike wey their counterparts they face for here run go hide for there? Make dem better come back o cos I no sure say anything go reach dia hand.
Re: Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances by Alphonsocapone(m): 9:03am On Apr 02, 2015
gej administration na wa o.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UNIZIK Awka Announces Screening Date / Nigerian Law School Releases 2021 Results: 1,326 Fail Bar Exam / Group Sues ASUU Over Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.