Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication (2512 Views)

Teenage Girl Refuses To Carry Out Boko Haram Suicide Bombing / Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 / Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by ogb5(m): 5:08pm On Jan 23, 2009
I got a shock yesterday.

My long time friend is HIV positive.
The problem is that she is not considering taking medication to manage it. She simply believe God will cure her.

How do we convince her to take medication without appearing to doubt the power of God.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by huxley(m): 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2009
ogb5:

I got a shock yesterday.

The problem is that she is not considering taking medication to manage it. She simply believe God will cure her.

How do we convince her to take medication without appearing to doubt the power of God.

What do you think? If you strongly believe, with all your being and might that God will cure her without medication why don't you get together and ask God for such help.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by MrCrackles(m): 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2009
If she is happy not taking medication, why do you guys want to disturb her happiness?
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by bindex(m): 1:47am On Jan 24, 2009
She should be left alone if she really does not want to br treated by drugs. After a year no body will have to tell her to take the drugs.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by huxley(m): 1:56am On Jan 24, 2009
I think this is a great opportunity for God to prove to these doubting unbelievers just how powerful he is. I urge every prayerful and believing Christian to support her in her avoidance of medication and rather her reliance of the merciful and kindness of God (don't mention the fact that God let her contact HIV in the first place). This will show these silly unbelievers just how reliable and powerful the Christian God is.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by bindex(m): 2:06am On Jan 24, 2009
They can also include Allah.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by jamace(m): 9:31am On Jan 24, 2009
My sister take medication please. I take God who you believe beg you. I love you o o lipsrsealed.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by Image123(m): 10:21am On Jan 24, 2009
I had to find time for this.There's nothing wrong with her taking good medication.Medicine does good,that's what the word of God says.It doesn't reduce her faith.Her submission to HIV test itself shows her belief in medicine,so go ahead take good medication and trust God.keep trusting and you'll also see God's good face.

1 Like

Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by olabowale(m): 12:51am On Jan 25, 2009
@Bindex: « #5 on: Yesterday at 02:06:48 AM »

They can also include Allah.

Allah says in the Qur'aan; Allah kulli shein Qudir. It simply means God is capable of doing all things.

I would have told you the story Musa (AS) and his stomachache. How Allah cured it for him. And no one can cure it.

But wait, it is Allah Who created the medicine, drug formulated by manufacturers of these pills. If the lady refuses to take anything, it is exactly that she had refused Allah's direct intervention to cure her.

There are now, better grades of HIV/AIDS medicine, and therapy. I wonder what is making this young woman refusing the medicine that may be available.

Allah willing Samaritan Pharmaceutical Ireland, Ltd, under its Humanitarian Projects will have out soon, the most advanced antiHIV, antiAIDS drug. You can log in to see what am talking about at www.SamaritanPharma.com
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by OBVIOUS(m): 3:58am On Jan 25, 2009
at least she knows she has AIDS, many people roaming around Nigeria not knowing they're positive.

But tell ur friend that god gave someone the wisdom to create the HIV medications and she should appreciate god's blessings, wisdom, and knowledge by taking her medications,

I think its more of the underlying fact, that she still cannot deal with the reality that she has AIDS, rather using religion to "cover face." If she refuses to take it, shove it down her throat or better yet, convince her pastor to illusion her into taking them. grin
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by osisi2(f): 6:44pm On Jan 25, 2009
Not all HIV+ people are placed on medications right away
But that is not her decision to make.
She needs to go to a center that handles this,get her CD4 count and viral load determined
The CD4 is basically telling the amont of antibodies she has to fight infections and if they are still within normal ranges like that of a non infected person,she may not need medications but she has to be monitored constantly to be placed on medications immediately they begin to drop to dangerous levels and gets into frank AIDS then the case becomes almost hopeless (but for God's intervention)
@ the poster,please try to convince her to get to a clinic that handles such in Naija and keep her appointments and then pray that God heals her or at least keeps her CD4 within normal ranges for ever and her viral load very low or even negligible.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by bindex(m): 7:32pm On Jan 25, 2009
**osisi:

Not all HIV+ people are placed on medications right away
But that is not her decision to make.
She needs to go to a center that handles this,get her CD4 count and viral load determined
The CD4 is basically telling the amont of antibodies she has to fight infections and if they are still within normal ranges like that of a non infected person,she may not need medications but she has to be monitored constantly to be placed on medications immediately they begin to drop to dangerous levels and gets into frank AIDS then the case becomes almost hopeless (but for God's intervention)
@ the poster,please try to convince her to get to a clinic that handles such in Naija and keep her appointments and then pray that God heals her or at least keeps her CD4 within normal ranges for ever and her viral load very low or even negligible.

What about the millions of Christians that have already died of AIDS despite their endless prayers and fasting to the bibledGod? Why did he refuse to heal them? What about the innocent children that were infected through their mothers for no fault of their own who are still dying despite all the prayers and fasting for the bibleGod to come and heal them?
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by manmustwac(m): 11:03pm On Jan 25, 2009
ogb5:

I got a shock yesterday.

So why did God allow her to contact aides in the first place?
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by bawomolo(m): 4:02am On Jan 26, 2009
she has a right to refuse medication. She better be prepared for the consequences. Her decision doesn't mean u should isolate her
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by ogb5(m): 4:42pm On Jan 26, 2009
bindex:

She should be left alone if she really does not want to br treated by drugs. After a year no body will have to tell her to take the drugs.

Do you think her condition will be worse in a years time?
She has been infected for 2 yrs. No symptoms yet.

manmustwac:

So why did God allow her to contact aides in the first place?

My worry also. I think this is a case of bad things happening to good people.

But how do I convince her to take drugs.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by OBVIOUS(m): 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2009
ogb5:

Do you think her condition will be worse in a years time?
She has been infected for 2 yrs. No symptoms yet.

My worry also. I think this is a case of bad things happening to good people.

But how do I convince her to take drugs.

HIV/AIDS is preventable unless you were born with it and honestly, I don't understand how this is a case of bad things happening to good people, my god everyone wants to claim that they're good especially when sh it happens.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by ogb5(m): 5:21pm On Jan 26, 2009
OBVIOUS:

HIV/AIDS is preventable unless you were born with it and honestly, I don't understand how this is a case of bad things happening to good people, my god everyone wants to claim that they're good especially when sh it happens.

Most illness are preventable only on hindsight.
The girl in question was raped and infected, how is that preventable.

I really need answers, the girl is distraught and hopes on God to cure her,

My faith is not a strong as that and wants her to be on drugs. How do we convince her to take drugs.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by OBVIOUS(m): 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2009
well then, ask her pastor to beg her to use the medications.

I think its more the issue that she cannot deal with the fact or reality that she has this disease.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by Lady2(f): 8:24pm On Jan 26, 2009
Tell her that God wants her to take the drugs.
Look drugs are not simple, and God provides knowledge to scientists to help in discovering elements in our earth that can assist us in living. I am sick and tired of people, stating such things as "God will cure me without medicine"
He is well capable of doing that, but they are undermining God already by saying that God cannot use people and matter to cure. He did it plenty of times in the New Testament.

Tell her she is meant to take the drugs and that they don't undermine God, but only proves his mighty love.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by bindex(m): 8:39pm On Jan 26, 2009
~Lady~:

Tell her that God wants her to take the drugs.
Look drugs are not simple, and God provides knowledge to scientists to help in discovering elements in our earth that can assist us in living. I am sick and tired of people, stating such things as "God will cure me without medicine"
He is well capable of doing that, but they are undermining God already by saying that God cannot use people and matter to cure. He did it plenty of times in the New Testament.

Tell her she is meant to take the drugs and that they don't undermine God, but only proves his mighty love.

She is only doing that which is in the bible, the bible says prayers alone is enough, keep in mind that the bibleGod once punished a man for taking medicine when he was sick instead of praying unto him for healing.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by ogb5(m): 8:41pm On Jan 26, 2009
Thanks for your comments.

I make another try to convince her.
Am already feeling a lost a friend to death. Is HIV really a death sentence?

bindex:

She is only doing that which is in the bible, the bible says prayers alone is enough, keep in mind that the bibleGod once punished a man for taking medicine when he was sick instead of praying unto him for healing.

Which man was punished
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by bindex(m): 8:43pm On Jan 26, 2009
ogb5:

Which man was punished

Read your bible if you dont have a copy then let me know and I will show you the verse.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by ogb5(m): 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2009
bindex:

Read your bible if you dont have a copy then let me know and I will show you the verse.

Which part of the bible. I can get the bible online, just tell me the part of the bible
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by bindex(m): 9:00pm On Jan 26, 2009
ogb5:

Which part of the bible. I can get the bible online, just tell me the part of the bible

Asa, when he had a foot disease, went to physicians instead of seeking the Lord. God disapproves of those who seek medical help rather than "seeking the Lord".

2 Chronicles16:12 And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians.
. That action lead to his eventual death.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by ogb5(m): 9:25pm On Jan 26, 2009
bindex:

Asa, when he had a foot disease, went to physicians instead of seeking the Lord. God disapproves of those who seek medical help rather than "seeking the Lord".

. That action lead to his eventual death.

The bible did not say that action lead to his death, 2 yrs later after being sick. He was an old man when he became sick.

read,

1 Kings 15:23 The rest of all the acts of Asa, and all his might, and all that he did, and the cities which he built, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah? Nevertheless in the time of his old age he was diseased in his feet

Also it was concluded that Asa did what was right before God.

read

1 Kings 15:11 And Asa did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, as did David his father.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by bindex(m): 9:46pm On Jan 26, 2009
ogb5:

The bible did not say that action lead to his death, 2 yrs later after being sick. He was an old man when he became sick.

read,

1 Kings 15:23 The rest of all the acts of Asa, and all his might, and all that he did, and the cities which he built, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah? Nevertheless in the time of his old age he was diseased in his feet

Also it was concluded that Asa did what was right before God.

read

1 Kings 15:11 And Asa did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, as did David his father.

The bottom line is that the bible stated that he choose physicians over the lord which was wrong.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by kolaoloye(m): 4:20pm On Jan 27, 2009
bindex:

The bottom line is that the bible stated that he choose physicians over the lord which was wrong.
grin ;DThe newest pastor in town grin grin grin You are just too funny grin
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by kolaoloye(m): 4:32pm On Jan 27, 2009
@topic,
There is faith and there is foolishness but if she believes that GOD will heal her,HE WILL.

Nothing pass GOD. He is awesome , all she needs is total trust in Him.
Matthew 11:22-24
22And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea;
and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by ogb5(m): 6:18pm On Jan 27, 2009
kola oloye:

@topic,
There is faith and there is foolishness but if she believes that GOD will heal her,HE WILL.

The question is how to seperate faith from foolishness. Some prayers are not answered. It may look foolish to hope and pray if the prayer ends up without result.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by MadMax1(f): 2:39pm On Jan 29, 2009
Sorry about your friend. Can't she take medicine to get better and pray for God's healing? They're not mutually exclusive naw.
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by Image123(m): 2:50pm On Jan 29, 2009
Like I SAID EARLIER,SHE CAN TAKE HER MEDICINE.aND YOU MAY NEED TO step up your faith on her behalf.She doesn't need unbelief around her.There nothing wrong with her taking good medicine.What she needs is to put her trust in God more than in the medicine.Its a time to draw closer to God.God can heal her if she believes that God will heal her
Re: Hiv Positive Girl Refuses Medication by ghest: 5:25am On Sep 24, 2013
my name is Belinda, i want to give almighty praise to Dr OJE who help me to cure my HIV/AID, please help me to give thanks to him he is a great man who God send from heaven to save people's life, this man also save the life of my friend who have HIV/AID, please thank this man for me, also if you have any type of problem you can also contact him to help you out on it, he is a wonderful man, his email is temple.of.solution.center@gmail.com contact him now for him to help you too, you can also reach him on phone if you are in his country Nigeria: 08164124752[color=#990000][/color][b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mary Apparition- Confirming Our Election Part 3 / Strange Horse Caught On Camera Moving In The Sky. Do You Believe This? / Book Of Proverbs (Don't let her capture you with her eyelids)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.