Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ (39348 Views)

Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘sexy Dress / Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘sexy Dress / Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘sexy Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 12, 2013
Apostle Michael Canty of The Truth Ministries Holiness Church recently angered an entire wedding party and might have damaged his new ministry’s reputation after he refused to allow a bride wed her husband on her wedding day because he felt her dress was too sexy.

Lisa Washington said ‘she’s never been more embarrassed then Saturday’ when a local pastor refused to officiate and allow the bride to wed her husband on her wedding day in his facility. Both families were present and the food was waiting to be served at the bride’s aunt house.

Family members flew and drove long distances to be present for the couples special day. Upset and frustrated, guest at the wedding practically ‘begged’ the leaders of the church to reconsider but to no avail, not a budge.

“I can’t believe this! I flew here to attend my cousin’s wedding and now I have to put up with this crap. Now this so-called pastor doesn’t want to come out of his office” said the cousin of the bride.

The wedding scheduled Saturday, August 10th, was scheduled for 3pm. At 2pm, the pastor greeted the bride and groom when he noticed the bride’s dress. According to the bride’s mother, the pastor jokingly asked ‘where is the other half of the dress?’ Not thinking anything of it, the family laughed it off and continued applying make-up to the bride. Around 2:30pm the pastor asked a leader of the church to ask the bride and the family about the other part of her dress. The bride informed the leader ‘this is it’. The leader reported the news to the pastor and then the pastor informed face-to-face the bride and groom at separate times he could not perform the wedding with the bride in her selected dress. The pastor told the bride she would have to cover up her breast area and find a way to add length to the dress. The bride informed the pastor there is no way to accomplish this with so short notice and she has to wear her dress. The pastor let her know, he would not perform the ceremony then walked back to his office.

The wedding party tried many times to change the pastor’s decision but their efforts was ineffective. Around 4:15pm guest at the wedding were growing impatience and were looking for answers for the delay. When they were told the reason for the delay around 4:35pm their impatience change to anger and disbelief.

After hearing how the bride was crying her eyes out in back, a minister who was a guest at the wedding offered to perform the ceremony. When the minister asked the pastor for permission to perform the ceremony, the pastor told him ‘no’ and expressed to him how his request was disrespectful.

AmericaPreachers.com asked the bride and groom for pictures of the dress but instead was sent an email with a link of the exact dress worn by a professional model from the companies website. The bride did mention, ‘there were small alterations made to the dress to fit more desirably to my [bride] vision.’ “I’m a unique person, I chose this dress because it’s different than the traditional wedding gown you see at every wedding” the bride said.

Two days later the couple is not married and is currently looking into options to recoup money their family lost with travel, food, and other expenses.

The Truth Ministries Holiness Church was established 14 months ago and currently rent a converted shoe store for worship services. Calls to Apostle Canty and Truth Ministries were not returned. Neither the bride or groom were members of the church.

http://www.americapreachers.com/christian-news/pastor-refuses-to-perform-ceremony-because-of-brides-sexy-dress/

For my candid opinion, I feel there is something as too much. I'd say the pastor overdid it. He could have just proceeded with the wedding with a stern warning or something...for Heaven's sake, it's the happiest day of her life...

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 12, 2013
Wait o. Is that a wedding dress?

18 Likes

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by psucc(m): 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2013
@ op. That dress is more of a party or night club than fit 4 wedding.

It was cosy ojiakor that handles the wardrobe. LOL

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by Aizebioje(m): 9:40pm On Aug 12, 2013
What the hell were they all thinking?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by fr3do(m): 11:25pm On Aug 12, 2013
Fabricated story

11 Likes

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by gunuvi(m): 8:35am On Aug 13, 2013
The most hilarious part is the pastor asking of the other half of the wedding dress. =))•´¨) 
¸.•´ ¸.ℓoℓ •*¨) ¸.•*¨)
‎​=)) ¸¸.•´=D(¸.•´(¸.• =)), .

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 13, 2013

I see what you did there, Pastor.
Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by ednut1(m): 10:18am On Aug 13, 2013
fr3do: Fabricated story
no mind dem, silly blogger

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by CsmuneEy(m): 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
Like seriously? shocked
Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by Pray(m): 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2013
Even Traditional wedding wouldn't allow inapropriate dressing.........

1 Like

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
This is a club wear now cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by slinkman(m): 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
dress like a hoe, even on ur own wedding day? when in ur life then, will u dress decent

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by nerodenero: 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
I don't believe this poo. How can that be the wedding dress? Even if it is a replica with little difference, it doesn't make sense at all. I support the pastor for his action.

20 Likes

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by jumzzy448: 1:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
ℓ☺ℓ . This is the funniest joke of the season.
Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by canalily(m): 1:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
cheesy satan's inticement! Young lady Please dnt seduce the man of ........ :-

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by adtiezy1(m): 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2013
this is hilarious grin
Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by Orikinla(m): 1:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
I support the pastor 100%.

A Christian wedding is not a Hollywood red carpet show.

20 Likes

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by Rajosh(m): 1:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
Before seeing the picture,I was like 'gosh the pastor went too far'.If and only if what's in that picture is actually the wedding dress,then I'll do same as the pastor did.Her husband and their families should be ashamed of themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
i knw a lady that would use half-a-yard to make a gown! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by Fazhy: 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2013
Holiness Church

That is the name of the church for a purpose. grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by tigonana: 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2013
Biggest lie.
Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by R3dsp3ar(m): 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2013
Lie lie too much here o
Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by xynerise: 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2013
Soon, girls will wear white pant and bra do wedding grin

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2013
Well, if I were a pastor I also wouldn't conduct a wedding for a lady dressed like that.

Wharraheck?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2013
gunuvi: The most hilarious part is the pastor asking of the other half of the wedding dress. =))•´¨) 
¸.•´ ¸.ℓoℓ •*¨) ¸.•*¨)
‎​=)) ¸¸.•´=D(¸.•´(¸.• =)), .

Yes o
Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by priscaoge(f): 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2013
The Pastor went too far,haba he would have warned them when he saw the so called "Half Dress" she was putting on,he should have told them that if dats wat τ̲̅ђe lady is gonna wear,then no wedding instead of asking τ̲̅ђe remaining part of τ̲̅ђe dress. Seriously its not funny. Τ̲̅ђe happiest day of their lives aπϑ U̶̲̥̅̊ toiled with it? Its really really painful.
Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by mcevans1(m): 1:29pm On Aug 13, 2013
The green mutant above me is an E-Diot!

14 Likes

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by mrofficial(m): 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
otooro: i knw a lady that would use half-a-yard to make a gown! angry angry angry

And?
Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by homesteady(m): 1:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
Menh!! this pastor should send me his account number!! He deserves a gift for this act!
Good radiance to bad rubbish

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by bodee(m): 1:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
I don't blame those of us that said it's a fabricated story cos some things seems to be tainted to be true and more of a farce to be a fact.
It's actually the truth because the op posted the link that showed us that it's not a local story or a blogger stuff

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ by OCcool: 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
Haba mana! Which kind ashawo wedding gown be dat?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua’s Isreal Visit Described As Huge Success / Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . / Prophet T.B. Joshua As A Parable For MMM – By Abimbola Adelakun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.