Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Daily Grace Capsule | Thurs.2nd.april.2015 | The Ministry Gifts. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Grace Capsule | Thurs.2nd.april.2015 | The Ministry Gifts. (491 Views)

Pastor Psalm Okpe Of Fresh Oil Ministry And The Singer That Died In Benin Hotel / When You Think That God Called You Into The Ministry But... (pic) / Daily Grace Capsule | Thurs.26th.march.2015 | You And His Gifts! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Grace Capsule | Thurs.2nd.april.2015 | The Ministry Gifts. by ComeBackHome: 7:57am On Apr 02, 2015
DAiLY GRACE CAPSULE | THUR.APRIL.2nd 2015

THE MINISTRY GIFTS | Galatians 1: 1 and Hebrews 5: 4 (NLT)

“This letter is from Paul, an apostle. I was not appointed by any group of people or any human authority, but by Jesus Christ himself and by God the Father, who raised Jesus from the dead” | “And no one can become a high priest simply because he wants such an honor. He must be called by God for this work, just as Aaron was”

BEFORE WE PROCEED: Some facts to note.

ONE: Absolutely, the ‘Ministry Gifts’ (Doma [dom'ah] in Greek) in Ephesians 4: 11 are quite different from the ‘Spiritual Gifts’ (Charisma [char'-is-mah] in Greek) in 1 Corinthians 12: 8 – 10. Therefore, I don’t want us to assume ‘Ministry Gifts' as ‘Spiritual Gifts'. Sometimes, some folks do confused the two. It shouldn’t be so. And this is why I don’t want us to be ‘MISINFORMED’.

TWO: As said couple of days ago, being under the influence of the gift of prophecy doesn’t mean such believer is called as a prophet. Having ability to Prophesy doesn’t equate being a Prophet.

THREE: There are three categories of 'CALLED MINISTERS'. Though, this isn't stated in the bible. However, it sounds similar to what Jesus said about three (3) kinds of Eunuch in Matthew 19: 12.

(First): I refer to this type as 'MAN-CALLED': this set of Ministers are appointed/called/ordained by Men. Please, get this right. These are people appointed as God’s minister by some group of people or human authority not divine authority. Probably, strictly for business. I have heard and witnessed such cases - they went as far as setting up a Church facilities in the name of business and appointed someone there.

(Second): I refer to this type as ‘SELF-CALLED’: this set of ministers put themselves into ministry; probably because of their belly - Self-interested benefits.

(Third): I refer to this type as 'GOD-CALLED': this set of ministers are the ones that are genuinely called of God – before I formed you in your mother’s womb, I knew you – Jeremiah 1: 5.

Distinct enough.

Paul was so sure of the origin of his 'CALL'. “I was not appointed by any group of people or any human authority” | Galatians 1: 1

A QUICK STUDY

Ephesians 4: 8 (NKJV) | “Therefore He says: "When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive, and gave 'Gifts' to men"

'Gifts’ in Ephesians 4: 8 is ‘Doma’ (dom'ah) in Greek which means a ‘Present’ - to ‘give’ something or ‘award’ something to somebody. This is quite different from the ‘Gift’ used in 1 Corinthians 12 - ‘Charisma’ (char'-is-mah) in Greek; talking about ‘Spirituals Gifts’ - reading contextually.

Reading Ephesians 4: 8 in the light of its both ‘Pre-texts and Post-texts’, Paul the Apostle was talking about God presenting or awarding some people a special 'Spiritual Offices' which are – APOSTLES, PROPHETS, EVANGELISTS, PASTORS, AND TEACHERS. These are 'DIVINE CALLS/OFFICES'.

A Spiritual Office given to a particular set of individuals before they were even born | See Jeremiah 1: 5. Nevertheless, there are other Ministry related Gift too. We shall also look into them in good time. (NOTE: Bible didn’t say one ministry gift is greater than the other).

Remember Hebrews 5: 4 – No one can occupy any of these Ministry offices simply because the person wants such an honor. He or She must be called by God for this work.

WHY THESE SPIRITUAL OFFICES?

“His intention was the perfecting and the full equipping of the saints (His consecrated people), [that they should do] the work of ministering toward building up Christ's body (the church); That it might develop until we all attain oneness in the faith and in the comprehension of the [full and accurate] knowledge of the Son of God, that [we might arrive] at really mature manhood (the completeness of personality which is nothing less than the standard height of Christ's own perfection), the measure of the stature of the fullness of the Christ and the completeness found in Him.

So then, we may no longer be children, tossed [like ships] to and fro between chance gusts of teaching and wavering with every changing wind of doctrine, [the prey of] the cunning and cleverness of unscrupulous men, [gamblers engaged] in every shifting form of trickery in inventing errors to mislead | Ephesians 4: 12 - 14 (AMP)

Understood, right?

Dearly beloved, patiently, starting from tomorrow, we shall be looking into each of this Spiritual Offices occupied by the people that are genuinely CALLED of God. How each Spiritual Offices function will also not be left untouched.

NOW, SAY | Accordingly, I function not as appointed by any group of people or any human authority. Rather, as divinely called.

LET’S PRAY | In the Name of Jesus, I receive divine help to function as ‘Called’ – AMEN!

ViP | I hope you have been blessed with this message. You also can be a tool to bless others by SHARING it. Today, be a blessing.

Grace to your Heart!

ComeBackHome Ministries | …spreading the glad tidings, thus; changing lives | cbhmonline@gmail.com | +234 803 455 6611 | 532CB51B.

(1) (Reply)

Is Comedy A God Given Gift / QUESTION What Makes A Song Fit For A Believer / Power Of Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.