Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Pls I Need Help In My Studying - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls I Need Help In My Studying (23350 Views)

How Do I Revive My Studying Habit. / See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University / Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Help In My Studying by chika4realike: 4:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
I am a student of a state university I am in my third year now.
My first and second year grade were very low not that I don't study but I always seem to forget what I studied during exams.
When my first year result was out it was far below my expectations because I really took my time studying so as to make good grade but it was not so
I prayed about this.
Again in my second year same thing happened I don't know if its the way I study
I even get mocked by my friends whu don't even study as much as I do. I actually get depressed and sometime think of committing SUICIDE.
Sometimes I will leave my place of residence for the library for almost 6-8 hrs just for good grade but it will turnout the opposite.
I am in my third year and with exams fast approaching I will not like what has happened in the past happen again
Please I will like u to suggest ways IN WHICH I can read as well as retain as well as recall during exam

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by lordthree(m): 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
chika4realike:
My first and second year grade were very low not that I don't study but I always seem to forget what I studied during exams.
When my first year result was out it was far below my expectations because I really took my time studying so as to make good grade but it was not so
I prayed about this.
I even get mocked by my friends whu don't even study as much as I do. I actually get depressed and sometime think of committing SUICIDE.
Sometimes I will leave my place of residence for the library for almost 6-8 hrs just for good grade but it will turnout the opposite.
I am in my third year and with exams fast approaching I will not like what has happened in the past happen again
Please I will like u to suggest ways IN WHICH I can read as well as retain as well as recall during exam
its not just about studying, its also about how you answer questions, do you understand the questions set? and before i give any advise, how do you study? do you jot down notes, or just read?

and what course are you studying?

6 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by chika4realike: 4:50pm On Apr 02, 2015
I do jot down note.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by chika4realike: 4:52pm On Apr 02, 2015
lordthree:

its not just about studying, its also about how you answer questions, do you understand the questions set? and before i give any advise, how do you study? do you jot down notes, or just read?

and what course are you studying?
I am studying chemistry
Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by lordthree(m): 5:17pm On Apr 02, 2015
chika4realike:

I am studying chemistry
in my first year i got an F i was disturbed so the next semester i put in more work i crammed and i got high grades but i didn't like forgetting what i crammed after exams, so i found another way that suits me, and after exams i remember what i studied, fast forward to final year im the second best student in the class.

Anyway the method is;
while studying make sure you jot down important points, jot them down over and over. it Might seem like a waste of time but when you're in the exam hall You'll see that you will remember those points. read what you jotted down over again then jot it down again, repeat this the night before the exam.

i use this method and it hasn't failed me because i always remember what I've read

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by Geofavor(m): 8:16pm On Apr 02, 2015
lordthree:

in my first year i got an F i was disturbed so the next semester i put in more work i crammed and i got high grades but i didn't like forgetting what i crammed after exams, so i found another way that suits me, and after exams i remember what i studied, fast forward to final year im the second best student in the class.

Anyway the method is;
while studying make sure you jot down important points, jot them down over and over. it Might seem like a waste of time but when you're in the exam hall You'll see that you will remember those points. read what you jotted down over again then jot it down again, repeat this the night before the exam.

i use this method and it hasn't failed me because i always remember what I've read
lmao @ your signature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
I would like to help, kindly PM me. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by Geofavor(m): 9:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
lordthree:

Anyway the method is;

what do you do when you read nd don't really understand?
Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by lordthree(m): 9:18pm On Apr 02, 2015
Geofavor:

what do you do when you read nd don't really understand?
i take a break, sleep and the minute i wake up i read, or if its the particular course that is tricky i just go online get pdf's on that particular topic or go on youtube and watch relevant videos on that topic believe me the internet is the best thing to happen to us as students.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by lordthree(m): 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2015
Geofavor:

lmao @ your signature.
grin true life story
Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by youngsahito(m): 1:25am On Apr 03, 2015
I hope dat dis Op is nt an oau student, cause white house is not a gud place @ all...

13 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by chika4realike: 8:54am On Apr 03, 2015
lordthree:

Anyway the method is;

I ave tried this method it doesn't seem to work
Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by wrench: 10:25am On Apr 03, 2015
lordthree:

believe me the internet is the best thing to happen to us as students.
You are so right bro.. The internet has been of immense help to me.

3 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by chika4realike: 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
I actually do explore the internet more than any other person
Sometimes after writing an exam I will expect to score a distinction but I would be very disappointed wen the result comes out.

Pls I need serious help
Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by chika4realike: 3:37pm On Apr 03, 2015
chika4realike:
Sometimes after writing an exam I will expect to score a distinction but I would be very disappointed wen the result comes out.

Pls I need serious help
Please pple
Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by chika4realike: 4:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
chika4realike:

Please pple
[b][/b][size=8pt][/size]HELP!!!!
Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by Geofavor(m): 1:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
chika4realike:

Pls I need serious help
when you read, do you comprehend? I mean, do you understand perfectly?
Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by chika4realike: 8:39am On Apr 06, 2015
chika4realike:
I prayed about this.
Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by chika4realike: 3:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
Geofavor:

when you read, do you comprehend? I mean, do you understand perfectly?
I always seem to comprehend for long hours. Inspite of this I still forget
Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by chika4realike: 5:31pm On Apr 06, 2015
Moderators front page please
Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by ERCROSS(m): 5:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
Akdegreat:
I would like to help, kindly PM me. Good luck.

why must he pm u before u would be able to help him... angry
Drop any advice wey u get here or keep it to urself

"Que sera sera"

Cc : seun , obinoscopy, lalasticlala ..
Help this broh ova here ...

8 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by chingydaboss(m): 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
Smoke weed so ur grades can get high grin grin
Just kiding

1. God ( you must honour God)
2. Read wit understanding
3. Change ur fwends, follow intelligent pple
4. Go back to 1-3 again..

God bless you

7 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
Read, read and read again. Then as for low remembrance of things read, it is either you read without making personal notes or probably you read when you are tensed and stressed up. My advice is always make notes while reading, if possible, get a note different from your class note then make reference to your class note when reading. This aside, make sure you get enough sleep and rest before opening any book. For me I prefer reading in the morning let say 6:30 - 11am and any other time during the day. I hate reading at night, reading at night for me is a waste of my time. Pls get a convenient time to read, and don't read because others are reading. God bless ur efforts.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by Sweetguy25: 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ever heard of accelerated learning?
Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
[size=18pt] undecided

quit skool and go learn shoe maker[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by Nimblemind(m): 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
Simple... Stop reading and start studying!
My broda, there's a difference

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by adesegun121(m): 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Pls I Need Help In My Studying by dipopooo(m): 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
angry
Sad story
@op 1)there is a woman in ur village 'remote controlin' ur brain ok? Read psalm 21 b4 u go into exam hall.
2) u spend too much time on nairaland n social media generally ok? Read psalm 1-117 every night
3) 8hrs is nt enuf 4 u 2 assimilate ok? Increase it to 13hrs
Lastly, learn to ask questions in d exam hall

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

[GUIDELINE] 2016/2017 Command Secondary Schools Admission / Nigerians React To 2016 GCE Results Released By WAEC / JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.