Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,570 members, 7,955,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:13 PM

Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father (2880 Views)

Opinion; Is It Not A Sin To Call The Day That Jesus Died "A Good Friday" ? / Christians Colonized Us In Africa, Undeniable Fact But How? (pics) / Babies Will End in Hell! - Biblical proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by bingbagbo(m): 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
Isaiah 9:6New International Version (NIV)

6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

POINT: JESUS SHALL BE CALLED EVERLASTING FATHER

John 14:17-19New International Version (NIV)

17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[a] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Only a father can speak like this (An orphan has no father remember)

John 14:26

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom[b] the Father will send[/b] in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

But if I depart, I will send the Comforter unto you —John 16:7 ....substitute father for i

1 Corinthians 1:24

But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God.

TO BE CONTINUED

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by bingbagbo(m): 10:58pm On Apr 02, 2015
John 10:30New International Version (NIV)

30 I and the Father are one.”
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by bingbagbo(m): 11:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
Romans 8:9

You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God [/b]lives in you. And if anyone does not have the [b]Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by NoProphecy: 11:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by DAIL(m): 11:22pm On Apr 02, 2015
God bless you for these insightful word

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by johnw74: 12:25am On Apr 03, 2015
Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Jesus Christ is the only name given under Heaven by which we must be saved.

Jesus is our Salvation.

Isa_12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Jehovah is our Salvation.

1 Like

Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by bingbagbo(m): 8:51am On Apr 03, 2015
johnw74:

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Jesus Christ is the only name given under Heaven by which we must be saved.

Jesus is our Salvation.

Isa_12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Jehovah is our Salvation.

Zechariah 12:10

"And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

JESUS IS THE FATHER

THE SON IS THE FATHER
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by johnw74: 12:07am On Apr 04, 2015
bingbagbo:

"And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

JESUS IS THE FATHER

THE SON IS THE FATHER

In as much as Jesus and the Father is God, but they are two persons,
the Father said when Jesus was baptised, "this is My Beloved Son",
and Jesus prayed to the Father "Our Father who is in Heaven"...
Also, God and the Word, are God, and are two persons,
they spoke with each other, "let Us make man in Our image"...etc.

So the Son isn't the Father, the Son is the Word, the Father is God, they are two persons in the One God.

1 Like

Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by naijaclinic: 12:25am On Apr 04, 2015
bingbagbo:

to us a son is given,
And he will be called

17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[a] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom[b] the Father will send[/b] in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

But if I depart, I will send the Comforter unto you —John 16:7 ....substitute father for i

But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God.

TO BE CONTINUED

Oga you ignored the line where Jesus was called "Mighty God" as opposed to "Almighty God". I guess you were only interested in the word "father".

Of cos Jesus deserves all the titles he is called. However if the purpose your post is to make Jesus same as Jehovah, you'll have your work cut out. You may need to change the topic since your "proofs" are denying themselves.
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by johnw74: 3:25am On Apr 04, 2015
naijaclinic:

Oga you ignored the line where Jesus was called "Mighty God" as opposed to "Almighty God".
I guess you were only interested in the word "father".

Mighty God is Almighty God.

Of cos Jesus deserves all the titles he is called. However if the purpose your post is to make Jesus same as Jehovah, you'll have your work cut out. You may need to change the topic since your "proofs" are denying themselves.

Jesus and Jehovah are diffrent persons but One God.

The Father said to the Son:
Psa_110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

The Son and the Father, the Word and God, are two persons, and One God.
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by bingbagbo(m): 11:36am On Apr 04, 2015
johnw74:

In as much as Jesus and the Father is God, but they are two persons,
the Father said when Jesus was baptised, "this is My Beloved Son",
and Jesus prayed to the Father "Our Father who is in Heaven"...
Also, God and the Word, are God, and are two persons,
they spoke with each other, "let Us make man in Our image"...etc.

So the Son isn't the Father, the Son is the Word, the Father is God, they are two persons in the One God.

GOD IS ONE......they are not two persons....the same person.....the voice that said "my beloved son" was a sign unto John the baptist that JESUS was the one he had been preparing the way for....

As for Jesus prayed to the father....remember the father was in HIM (JESUS), and all righteousness had to be fulfilled....JESUS IS SAME AS THE FATHER.....That was why when he was asked show us the father in John 14:8....he answered " Even when i have been that long with you, you still dont know me?"..."how can you ask me to show you the father?, anyone that has seen me has seen the father"

further references: DEUTERONOMY 6:4, JAMES 2:19, JOHN 10:30, JOHN 1:1, ZACHARIAH 12:10, TITUS 2:13, 2 PETER 1:1, ACTS 20:28, JOHN 20:28, REVELATIONS 22:12-16...........1 TIMOTHY 3:16
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by johnw74: 12:36am On Apr 05, 2015
bingbagbo:

GOD IS ONE......they are not two persons....the same person.....the voice that said "my beloved son" was a sign unto John the baptist that JESUS was the one he had been preparing the way for....

It was more than a sign, it was the the Fathers voice from Heaven.

Luk_3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

There in that verse are the three persons of God at one time,
the Holy ghost in bodily shape descending on the body of Jesus and the Fathers voice from Heaven saying "Thou art my beloved Son".
Holy Ghost, Father, Son = three persons.

As for Jesus prayed to the father....remember the father was in HIM (JESUS), and all righteousness had to be fulfilled....

Jesus wasn't talking to the Father in Him, but to the Father in Heaven.

Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven...

Jesus again talks to the Father, not to Himself:
Luk 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do...

God is one God, Father and Son are two persons.

JESUS IS SAME AS THE FATHER.....

Yes He is the same as the Father, but not the Father, He is the son.

That was why when he was asked show us the father in John 14:8....he answered " Even when i have been that long with you, you still dont know me?"..."how can you ask me to show you the father?, anyone that has seen me has seen the father"

Because as you said, He is the same as the Father, the father and the son are God.

further references: DEUTERONOMY 6:4, JAMES 2:19, JOHN 10:30, JOHN 1:1, ZACHARIAH 12:10, TITUS 2:13, 2 PETER 1:1, ACTS 20:28, JOHN 20:28, REVELATIONS 22:12-16...........1 TIMOTHY 3:16

re those verses, We know our God is One God,
Our God, is God and the Word, two persons of the Godhead, One God.

I won't go into the Holy Spirit here.
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by bingbagbo(m): 9:45am On Apr 05, 2015
johnw74:

It was more than a sign, it was the the Fathers voice from Heaven.

Luk_3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

There in that verse are the three persons of God at one time,
the Holy ghost in bodily shape descending on the body of Jesus and the Fathers voice from Heaven saying "Thou art my beloved Son".
Holy Ghost, Father, Son = three persons.

Jesus wasn't talking to the Father in Him, but to the Father in Heaven.

Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven...

Jesus again talks to the Father, not to Himself:
Luk 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do...

God is one God, Father and Son are two persons.

Yes He is the same as the Father, but not the Father, He is the son.

Because as you said, He is the same as the Father, the father and the son are God.

re those verses, We know our God is One God,
Our God, is God and the Word, two persons of the Godhead, One God.

I won't go into the Holy Spirit here.

THEN YOU DONT BELIEVE GOD IS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ISAIAH 9:6....JESUS IS CALLED THE EVERLASTING FATHER!!!!!!

Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by johnw74: 1:01am On Apr 06, 2015
bingbagbo:

THEN YOU DONT BELIEVE GOD IS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's ridiculous, how many times have I said God is One God? that's like the jw's who keep falsely saying:
you believe Jesus is "a" god.

ISAIAH 9:6....JESUS IS CALLED THE EVERLASTING FATHER!!!!!!

Because God and the Word is God,
because the Father and Jesus is God

God and the Word, the Father and the Son are two persons,
there are many verses in the Bible where God and the Word speak together,
there are many places in the Bible where the Father and Jesus speak together.
God and the Word, Father and Son are two persons.

There in that verse is the Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ, and the voice of the Father from Heaven, together at the same time.

God is One, means that God is the only One true God.
It doesn't mean that He is one person.
You say that the Son is the Father, doesn't that mean the Father and the Son is one person?
that doesn't even make sense, they are One God not one person.

Perhaps you don't believe that God and the Word, is God,
two persons in the One True God.
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by NEWBIN: 7:32am On Apr 06, 2015
johnw74:

That's ridiculous, how many times have I said God is One God? that's like the jw's who keep falsely saying:
you believe Jesus is "a" god.

Because God and the Word is God,
because the Father and Jesus is God

God and the Word, the Father and the Son are two persons,
there are many verses in the Bible where God and the Word speak together,
there are many places in the Bible where the Father and Jesus speak together.
God and the Word, Father and Son are two persons.

There in that verse is the Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ, and the voice of the Father from Heaven, together at the same time.

God is One, means that God is the only One true God.
It doesn't mean that He is one person.
You say that the Son is the Father, doesn't that mean the Father and the Son is one person?
that doesn't even make sense, they are One God not one person.

Perhaps you don't believe that God and the Word, is God,
two persons in the One True God.

that's laughable.............The bible has a plethora of this quote...."there is no God but me"..........study your bible.....JESUS IS THE FATHER......What happened during John's baptism was only a sign. CHRIST WAS THE FATHER ON EARTH.
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by johnw74: 8:37am On Apr 06, 2015
NEWBIN:

that's laughable.............

Wow, there are two of you that say Jesus is the Father.
God is the Father and the Word is Jesus, they are both God, not both the same person.

The bible has a plethora of this quote...."there is no God but me"..........study your bible.....JESUS IS THE FATHER......

And you tell me to study the bible. smiley

What happened during John's baptism was only a sign. CHRIST WAS THE FATHER ON EARTH.

That verse wasn't just a sign, it was literal.

With false doctrines, the meaning of scriptures often have to be changed.
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by NEWBIN: 8:47am On Apr 06, 2015
johnw74:

Wow, there are two of you that say Jesus is the Father.
God is the Father and the Word is Jesus, they are both God, not both the same person.

And you tell me to study the bible. smiley

That verse wasn't just a sign, it was literal.

With false doctrines, the meaning of scriptures often have to be changed.

if it was literal, then it means according to you, the father has no power and no wisdom, WHICH IS BLASPHEMY see..1 corinthians 1:24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

SO AS CHRIST WAS APART FROM THE FATHER......YOU SEE
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by stingbreed(m): 10:23am On Apr 06, 2015
I don tire for all this blind arguments,,, na wa o...... angry

So u didn't read d part during Jesus' baptism in the bible where a voice from the heavens said.... "This is my beloved son in whom I'm well pleased"...... undecided

What do u people gain by deceiving people,,, yes Jesus is mighty God but the father is the almighty God..... There is a difference.....
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by johnw74: 10:57am On Apr 06, 2015
NEWBIN:

if it was literal, then it means according to you, the father has no power and no wisdom, WHICH IS BLASPHEMY see..1 corinthians 1:24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

SO AS CHRIST WAS APART FROM THE FATHER......YOU SEE

Yes I see, I see that you are so confused.

The Holy Spirit descended on Jesus, believe the scripture.
And the Father said from heaven, "Thou art my beloved Son", believe the scripture, or not.

Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by Freksy(m): 12:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
bingbagbo:

to us a son is given,
And he will be called

Adam was our first father. He would have been alive till date, and no mankind would have experienced death if his relationship with God was intact. When he (Adam, our first father) lost his precious relationship with God, we all need, as it were, a new father. God sent his Son from heaven to be that new Adam to replace the first one. The Bible says: “‘The first man Adam became a living soul.’ The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. The first man is out of the earth and made of dust; the second man is out of heaven.”

Jesus, “the last Adam,” is like “the first man Adam” in that He was a perfect man, capable of fathering perfect offspring, who could live forever in perfection on earth.— Psalm 37:29; Revelation 21:3, 4. It is because of this that Jesus is prophetically described at Isaiah 9:6 as "everlasting father". His fatherhood will give us everlasting life, unlike that of our first father/Adam. If we exercise faith in Jesus, he will become both our 'everlasting father' and our 'savior'.

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

TO BE CONTINUED

Your earlier quote in bold tells us how he will accomplish John 16:7....by telling his father to send.

If a message is sent in your name, as you requested, it's as good as saying "you sent it".

None of the above submission by you is proof that Jesus is the father that sent Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by CAPTIVATOR: 5:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
@ bingbagbo and NEWBIN .... Whom did Jesus prayed to ? Or are u telling me he is just a pretender ?
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by An2elect2(f): 7:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
bingbagbo:

JESUS IS THE FATHER

THE SON IS THE FATHER

Amen Amen Amen Amen

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Amen Amen Amen Amen

JESUS IS THAT FATHER OF OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by An2elect2(f): 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2015
Oh am so loving this thread!!! This is so true!!! We have only one God and He is no other but Jesus Christ!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by johnw74: 11:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
An2elect2:
Oh am so loving this thread!!! This is so true!!! We have only one God and He is [size=14pt]no other[/size] but Jesus Christ!!!
Is the Father not God?
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by An2elect2(f): 11:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
johnw74:

Is the Father not God?
Yes He is and He is also the saviour, the Christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by johnw74: 11:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
An2elect2:

Yes He is and He is also the saviour, the Christ.

Then besides Jesus Christ the Father is another that is God?
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by johnw74: 12:32am On Apr 07, 2015
An2elect2, you say Jesus Christ is God,
and you say the Father is God.
And you are correct, for most people Jesus Christ is one person and the Father is another person,
that makes two persons, One God.
Some here are saying that Jesus Christ and the Father are one person.
And the Holy Spirit, all one person.
I'm sure they confuse the word person with the word God.
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by johnw74: 3:25am On Apr 07, 2015
Freksy:

Adam was our first father. He would have been alive till date, and no mankind would have experienced death if his relationship with God was intact. When he (Adam, our first father) lost his precious relationship with God, we all need, as it were, a new father. God sent his Son from heaven to be that new Adam to replace the first one. The Bible says: “‘The first man Adam became a living soul.’ The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. The first man is out of the earth and made of dust; the second man is out of heaven.”

Jesus, “the last Adam,” is like “the first man Adam” in that He was a perfect man, capable of fathering perfect offspring, who could live forever in perfection on earth.— Psalm 37:29; Revelation 21:3, 4. It is because of this that Jesus is prophetically described at Isaiah 9:6 as "everlasting father". His fatherhood will give us everlasting life, unlike that of our first father/Adam. If we exercise faith in Jesus, he will become both our 'everlasting father' and our 'savior'.

Your earlier quote in bold tells us how he will accomplish John 16:7....by telling his father to send.

If a message is sent in your name, as you requested, it's as good as saying "you sent it".

None of the above submission by you is proof that Jesus is the father that sent Jesus.

Very knowledgeable post.
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by Rilwayne001: 8:11am On Apr 07, 2015
An2elect2:
Oh am so loving this thread!!! This is so true!!! We have only one God and He is no other but Jesus Christ!!!

Your heresy stinks to heaven....**Puke**
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by An2elect2(f): 9:17am On Apr 07, 2015
johnw74:

Then besides Jesus Christ the Father is another that is God?

They are one.
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by johnw74: 11:01am On Apr 07, 2015
An2elect2:

They are one.

You said Jesus Christ is God
and you said the Father is God
Why can't you say Jesus Christ and the Father are two persons?
they are One God yes
but you don't believe like some others here that Jesus Christ and the Father is one person
do you?
Re: Undeniable Biblical Proof That Jesus Is Same As The Father by An2elect2(f): 11:05am On Apr 07, 2015
johnw74:

You said Jesus Christ is God
and you said the Father is God
Why can't you say Jesus Christ and the Father are two persons?
they are One God yes
but you don't believe like some others here that Jesus Christ and the Father is one person
do you?

Okay let me be clear. They are one Spirit being.

Jesus is the Father himself. There are no two Gods/ spirits.

Hope you grab now.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Real Life Fallen Angel Has Fallen From The Sky In London / EXPOSITION Of The 1000 Years Millenial Reign Of Christ On Earth / Former Winners Chapel Pastor Korede Komaiya Now Flies In Private Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.