Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,385 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) (3858 Views)

4 Uniabuja Students Killed In Auto Crash (photo) / IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos / SUG Election At Federal Polytechnic Offa Turns Bloody, Many Students Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by kamal12: 12:29am On Apr 03, 2015
Members of Somali Islamic sect, Al-Shabab, stormed Kenyan's Garissa University College very early this morning and massacred students and staff of the school.According to new reports, 147 people lost their lives in the horrific incident which is so far the deadliest terrorist attack in Kenya. Another 79 people were seriously injured.

According to Kenyan security forces, of the 815 students in the college, 500 were rescued, 147 were killed and the rest - 166 - have not been properly accounted for. Some are believed to have been taken hostage. Kenya government claim they killed four of the terrorists. See some photos from the incident after the cut, but be warned, one of the photos shows dead students killed in their classroom...

Five gunmen gained entry into the university, which is close to an army barracks, after killing guards at the main gate. They massacred some students they found inside lecture halls who were working on their assignments while others were killed in their halls of residence

Kenyan President spoke to the nation in a TV broadcast and said the attackers had taken hostages;

“I am saddened to inform the nation that early today, terrorists attacked Garissa University College, killed and wounded several people and have taken others hostage. On behalf of my government, I extend condolences to the families of those who have perished in this attack. We continue to pray for the quick recovery of the injured, and the safe rescue of those held hostage.” he said.

This is the man who allegedly led the attack

Kenya's Inspector-General of Police Joseph Boinnet said the terrorists had taken positions in the students’ hostels.

“The attackers forced their way into the university by shooting at the guards who were manning the main gate. The attackers shot indiscriminately once inside the compound. Police officers who were at the time guarding the university hostels heard the gunshots and responded swiftly and engaged the gunmen in a fierce shootout. However, the attackers retreated and gained entry into the hostels.

“The officers summoned for reinforcement immediately and a joint force composed of police and other security agencies arrived and are currently engaged in an elaborate process of flushing out the gunmen from the hostels.”

READ THE FULL DETAILS AND VIEW THE PICTURES ==== @ OUR BLOG SITE http://www.guruschance..com

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by eightsin(m): 5:32am On Apr 03, 2015
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by SporaD8: 6:25am On Apr 03, 2015
Oh no! Not again!
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by omotoyiwa(f): 6:30am On Apr 03, 2015
God pls heal the world.
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by Nobody: 6:32am On Apr 03, 2015
O Lord.... embarassed embarassed
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by emeijeh(m): 6:38am On Apr 03, 2015
Jeez!
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by Lailerh(f): 6:53am On Apr 03, 2015
Al-Shabab..... Somalia attacking another country?? This is bad sad
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 03, 2015
I believe more efforts should be put in place by Ethiopia, Uganda and other EA countries to prevent this Al-Shabab from gaining regional foothold like BH is trying to do..

These foot soldiers need to be dealt with seriously.. I hope that one day, Africa would rise up from the ashes of war and think of how to make our continent greater

1 Like

Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by ejiro2130(m): 7:15am On Apr 03, 2015
KingMEXX:
I believe more efforts should be put in place by Ethiopia, Uganda and other EA countries to prevent this Al-Shabab from gaining regional foothold like BH is trying to do..

These foot soldiers need to be dealt with seriously.. I hope that one day, Africa would rise up from the ashes of war and think of how to make our continent greater

Al shabab is far more powerful and organise than Boko haram, Boko haram isn't strong I just taking advantage of weakness of nigerian army while ashabab has ruled a country b4,

But kenyan government is as weak as GEJ, I pray the opposition takes advantage of this, when the president wanted to kill civilian he did it perfectly when it's time to fight Al shabab, he's fvckin confused
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by ednut1(m): 7:20am On Apr 03, 2015
the world we live in is a sick one. isis bh alqaeda al shabab. u will rot in hell. bt funny enuf God dey watch as he dey go.
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by Lucario007(m): 7:31am On Apr 03, 2015
147 Students??! Killed by just FIVE men?
Are these people even human??
R.I.P to the deceased.

Hell is too merciful for the likes of these murderers. They deserve nothing less than being put on a stake and killed slowly with radioactive emission. They should be subjected to having thier flesh carved out with lasers until not even the nucleus of an atom of their cells is left to bury. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by gerrardomendes(m): 7:48am On Apr 03, 2015
R I P
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by Roon9(m): 7:49am On Apr 03, 2015
Africa my africa! Who has done dis to u
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by constance500: 7:50am On Apr 03, 2015
Where are the picsures na
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by ibkgab001: 7:58am On Apr 03, 2015
In God we Trust!!!
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by donjuviam(m): 7:59am On Apr 03, 2015
OMG what's this SOS....busy cooking my banga soup
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by Nimblemind(m): 8:04am On Apr 03, 2015
What even motivates this beasts that they just can't stop wasting human blood!!!
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by raayah(f): 8:51am On Apr 03, 2015
.at.
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by ibkgab001: 9:00am On Apr 03, 2015
God will be God in whatever situations we might find ourselves ...leaving us to tribulation doesn't mean he never care for us

I understand your plight been an human being you have right to say that anyway have faith God when your path way is lonely
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by Nitefury: 9:10am On Apr 03, 2015
raayah:

Why didnt he 'protect' his Children in their time of need?
I guess the answer you will give me is 'God has a plan/ it's God will.

If it is God's will for you and your family to suffer, what is the need for serving him.

Im sure most of these student were Christains and their lives were just wiped out.

One of the Jews in the concentration wrote that 'if there is a God, he will have to beg for my forgiveness'. I stand by that.

Word.. From a deep thinker..

I've severally been in (and seen) situations that made me question the existence of "God"... Same way I've been in and seen people get out of situations no one can explain but admit to a Divine intervention..

I try to live my life in a way that if I die, and there's a "God", I'll make heaven... And if "He" doesn't exist, I'll still not lose anything.

This is because, I found out long ago, questioning "His" existence only gives me headaches.

1 Like

Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 03, 2015
raayah:

Why didnt he 'protect' his Children in their time of need?
I guess the answer you will give me is 'God has a plan/ it's God will.

If it is God's will for you and your family to suffer, what is the need for serving him.

Im sure most of these student were Christains and their lives were just wiped out.

One of the Jews in the concentration wrote that 'if there is a God, he will have to beg for my forgiveness'. I stand by that.

Your point exactly
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 03, 2015
Apostle SULEIMAN said it ooooo in his 2015 prophecies
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 03, 2015
Lailerh:
Al-Shabab..... Somalia attacking another country?? This is bad sad
Just like BOKO HARAM .....NIGERIA attacking CAMEROON
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by kekakuz(m): 10:54am On Apr 03, 2015
o no no no
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by EmmySparky(m): 11:01am On Apr 03, 2015
I think its time we get a change in kenya...GEJ's brother should be kicked out of kenya's presidency and a new strongwilled leader should be installed...these are effects of weak leaders
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by Holywizard: 11:10am On Apr 03, 2015
Glory be to God!

OH GOD I THANK U FOR WHAT HAPPENED, WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW & WHAT WILL HAPPEN LATER
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by PHgirl(f): 11:17am On Apr 03, 2015
Where is Ayanle? Come and see what your people are doing to we Bantus. undecided
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by kingtunmibuild(m): 11:45am On Apr 03, 2015
WHY Z IT DAT IT ONLY ISLAMIC SECT DAT USED TO DISRUPT D PEACE OF D WORLD AND DEY CLAIMED TO BE A PEACE RELIGION I DONT TINK DEY AV HEAVEN TO GO DEY ARE CHILDREN OF D BAD DESCEDANT OF JINS...........
Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by ribbit: 11:58am On Apr 03, 2015
Roon9:
Africa my africa! Who has done dis to u
Islam

3 Likes

Re: Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) by ribbit: 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
Allah akbar

Those alshabab must be from Islam(A)bad in Pakistan angry cry cry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Iyalodes Of Ibadan / Wow!!!! People Can Be Creative. Can You Imagine This Write Up! / ASUU Live Updates!!! Voting Ongoing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.