Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! (3125 Views)

The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage / I Am In A Dilemma. I Don't Want To Be A Baby Mama / I Am In A Dilemma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by sacredheart: 1:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
hi house! I don't know if this is the appropriate section to post this..but I'm scared and confused.

my fiance have been together for about 4years now, right from the on set his mum and sis have been involved in the relationship and they are cool people honestly..
I'm this type of person that have this feeling of fear that something bad will happen. whenever a friend, sibling or any body asked me for advise on issues ranging from business,career,marital and the likes. sometimes i advise/warn for and against the situation .. whenever I told them (more like warn them) not to take any step towards an issue, if such a person refused and went ahead it always come out futile, regretful . I mean it always come out bad!

I'm not a witch/prophetess or any spiritual thing! but once I have my usual 'fearing feeling that something will go wrong' about people situations/steps.. it usually goes wrong. I don't know if I'm clear enough but let me cite some examples.

my male friend- came to be about his then fiancee(now wife), asking me if she's cool(this is someone have met twice..coz they stay out of town), that he intends marrying her. I swear, this guy has never told me any of her characters (infact hes usually praising her) before I jumped in to warn him to stay clear of her, that I'm afraid their marriage won't be blissful.. he eventually married her, its two years to their marriage and he has complained to me more that thrice about his wife's hurtful speeches to me and some other things

my fiance- he's a graduate of chemical engineer, now works but before he found a job.. he told me he wants to go into some business for the main time..he told me the necessary info about the business . I told him he better be careful so as not to be duped. he laugh and said he trust his partner to be. eventually he was duped of N500k by his so called trusted partner.

and many more instances I can't say.. so Its not about coincidence.

back to the issue, due to the fact my fiancé knows me to this point, whenever he wants to do ANYTHING! he will inform me to know if it will turn out bad or not. due to this development, his mother has been making some comments like my fiancé now worships me.
Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by DuchessLily(f): 1:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
undecided
Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by elantraceey(f): 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
So what's the problem ? undecided

You should be glad your future husby can relate any issue with you.

2 Likes

Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by sacredheart: 1:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
continuation:

saying he won't do anything until he told me about it, she was more like accusing me of controlling her son. my fiance has been begging me over his mum's comments but this one that broke the camel's back was the comment she made on Wednesday. over this issue

fiance came to me as usual regarding a step he was about to make in his company (mind you he has started taking the Step already before informing me, his excuse was that his mum asked him to stop telling me everything that happens in his life..saying I'm not his wife yet) .. when he told me about the step, I had my usual fearful feeling about it but I was angry he could follow his mum's advise knowing fully well, my fears are usually right!. so I just told him blatantly- you've already started the step, but you will regret it . which indeed he regretted it! he went to meet his mum more like in anger, to confront her(I later learnt it was his mum who advised him to go ahead with the step) that he failed woefully at it and that she as the cause.. if she had allowed him to 'inquire' first, he wouldn't been in loss!
the mum called me on phone in his presence and insulted me blue and black calling me a witch.. saying i intentionally made the step go bad.. tho the son defended me..but have lost it!

he made his mum (and I) apologize ..his sister is in support of me tho. but I'm afraid and confused of what exactly I am, and if I can ever give him any warning towards any steps he night intend to take. I want to back out in that aspect.

nb: there are many times have advised 'for' steps he wanted to take and the come out great.. so its not only bad things I see. a friend told me my intuition is strong, that it has nothing to do with witchcraft or any spiritual thing . but still have never been wrong! how can it be so perfect?!
I don't know what to do.. keep shut about my 'intuition' and plan my wedding(coming up very soon) or just let the relationship go(cause his mum might make life unbearable for me if hee son keeps coming to me for advise)
sorry for some typos and long post
Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by Tallesty1(m): 1:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
I am confused here.

I dunno if u dey see vision true true.

Or weda nah u dey wish them badluckangry

1 Like

Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by henribj(m): 1:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
uhm i think one of those alien space ships must have shone its light on your baby crib when your mom gave birth to you, i hear the rays from those space ships can bless a new baby with some psychic powers and stuff like that. #justsaying
Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by sacredheart: 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
Tallesty1:
I am confused here.

I dunno if u dey see vision true true.

Or weda nah u dey wish them badluckangry
I don't see vision o. but when someone comes for advise.. I don't know, I just feel fearful about the step(and will advise them not to go ahead with it) .. there are times I will tell them to go ahead and it usually cones out great

I don't wish people bad luck.. I used to think maybe that's what it is but if that's true, it can't always been right! also I have experienced my 'fearful feeling' towards me sef... I ignored cause I had many reasons to , but at the end I regretted it!
Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by sacredheart: 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
let me point this out:
I'm not a very strong believer of God cause have had some experiences with some pastors and prophets over this issue!!
my feelings have been from way back since I can remember. but then my parents take it lightly, sometimes they follow my advise sometimes they don't.
but happened that one day my brother went to apply for jamb and picked a university (mind you, the family had discussed it earlier and they all chose that particular university for me..excluding me) I advised him to pick another school that he will just waste this year with that school he picked.. unfortunately!! he wasted that year..
this issue frightened my mum and she started taking me to meet celestial prophets and the likes.. if one prophet says I'm a marine spirit(we will perform all necessary sacrifice) .. we will return home and I still remained my self.. we would go to another prophet, that one will call me ogbanje.. perform all necessary sacrifice and it still square one. go to another another who will call me a witch..but still I remained myself. we tried loads of prophets back then o(I was between 12-15) all fakes! we go to pentecostal churches tsw!! story story !! one pastor even asked me to kneel down, he poured an annointing oil on my head and expected me to fall down ..shoo! I didn't..I swear it was the man himself that laid me in the floor.. my dad had to make my mum quit those things.. I know myself I'm not any of those things those people called me(won't a witch know she is one) And if indeed I am.. I already have a list of people I will kill first smiley Lol but funny enough they are still alive,.

but I'm just confused at what exactly it is that I am.. and how I can just stop that fearful feeling!!! I love my fiance so much, he does as well.. but I'm afraid my feelings might make things unbearable for me.

nb; I don't just go to people to give them advise.. except if I noticed they are taking unfruitful step so I just go to advise them..but mostly they come to me(these are people who 'know' me)

2 Likes

Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by Meringe(m): 2:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Abeg , I will like to be your friend plz.

1 Like

Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by crackhaus: 2:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
sacredheart:

but I'm just confused at what exactly it is that I am.. and how I can just stop that fearful feeling!!! I love my fiance so much, he does as well.. but I'm afraid my feelings might make things unbearable for me.
Are you having that same fearful feeling regarding your upcoming wedding/marriage?

Sorry, I had to ask because you still haven't stated your problem exactly.
Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by dre11(m): 3:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
Are you scared being labeled a witch......
Or....
You scared you will be exposed...
Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by Dyt(f): 3:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
Op abeg
What fear do u see in Nigeria?
Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
Meringe:

Me too abeg, I need someone like this in my life grin
Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by Vivly(f): 3:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
But wait o. From your posts, most of your foresights spell out doom for people who fail to hinder to your warning.
Are there no instances of positive visions?

1 Like

Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by henribj(m): 3:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
fem29:

Me too abeg, I need someone like this in my life grin

Meringe:

choi, typical Nigerians, they can like to superglue for where better thing is happening.

2 Likes

Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by bellong: 4:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
crackhaus:

Are you having that same fearful feeling regarding your upcoming wedding/marriage?

Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by sacredheart: 7:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
Vivly:
But wait o. From your posts, most of your foresights spell out doom for people who fail to hinder to your warning.
Are there no instances of positive visions?
nb: there are many times have advised
'for' steps he wanted to take and the
came out great..
I have many positive Instances.. I'm not a seer of doom...or whatever it is I am

but the issue here isn't about the positive instances
Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by sacredheart: 7:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
crackhaus:

my fears exactly is --- the mum!
she insulted me and labelled me a witch following a disagreement she had with her son.. I'm not yet married to the son and she already thinks I'm controlling her child..she even pointed out, I made her son's plan go wrong because he didn't listen to me.

this is a son who will always come to me cause he thinks i help him out in making decisions.. have advised him on many issues..and he adhere to them..he is always happy he does..
I don't control him, neither do I wish him bad.
if he doesn't stop coming for advises, the mother will continue thinking I'm controlling her child(how can I cope with this? when she's already labelled me a witch?) and if he stops coming..well! he wouldn't know if his step is right or wrong . I'm not a prophet b..I just don't know
I'm having fears the mum won't stop seeing me as a threat..this isn't a good sign for mil-dil relationship.. I'm not a competition to her
as someone said on this thread
From your posts, most of
your foresights spell out doom for
people who fail to hinder to your
warning.
they don't go wrong cause they fail to hinder to my warning.. they go wrong cause 'those stuffs are wrong'
when my fiance told me about the business, I feared something bad..I told him to be be careful so he won't be duped but he trusted the guy and eventually got duped.
he didn't get duped cos he 'failed' to listen to me.. he got duped cz his partner was dubious..I was just opportune to sense it.

2 Likes

Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by sacredheart: 7:57pm On Apr 03, 2015
Dyt:
Op abeg
What fear do u see in Nigeria?
lol I'm not a seer

1 Like

Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by sacredheart: 7:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
dre11:
Are you scared being labeled a witch......
Or....
You scared you will be exposed...
I'm not a witch.. why shouldn't I be afraid of being labelled one? that's a mud to my person..

I'm not a witch, there's no reason to be scared of being exposed..

1 Like

Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by sacredheart: 8:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
@fem29, meringe.. lol its better you are not.. some one here is already seeing me as a 'seer of doom'..

I'd like to correct a notion-- I don't wish them bad o.. I just fear/feel those steps won't be worthwhile after they must have told me.. and I warn them about it. if they eventually go for it..they regret it!
their steps didn't go bad cause I warned them not to go for it. they went bad cause they are bad!! I only sensed it before they attempt it and I warn them against it..
so don't paint it like..
I'm punishing them for going against my advise.. God forbids!

a scenario: not so big but should count to exactly how I feel about stuffs.
a friend and I went on a mini shopping.. she loves heels no doubt but that faithful day, she saw a high heel shoe.. loved it and decided to buy. I told her to get a particular one instead(a flat heel..) but she was like she's short and doesn't need flat heel.. I tried to persuade her..but to no avail. truly, the shoe she picked was beautiful but I felt the flat heel was better.. she bought her choice tho.. till this very moment, those shoes are there lying useless/worthless in her rack. there was a time she told me, if age knew she would have bought 3 flat heel slippers instead(the one she bought is of price equivalent to those slippers).

nb: I don't have any fears about my fiancé towards this marriage.. but towards my mil to be.. its unhealthy for her to start thinking of me like that.. every little thing I do might start having a different meaning to her..and this is bad! I'm not trying to paint her bad but something happened that involves her, the son and I .. and she was like: if we no follow your talk now, who knows if na house to collapse for person head.. common!!
Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by Vivly(f): 8:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
sacredheart:

I have many positive Instances.. I'm not a seer of doom...or whatever it is I am

but the issue here isn't about the positive instances
Alright then.
Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by LordReed(m): 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
sacredheart:

I'm not a witch.. why shouldn't I be afraid of being labelled one? that's a mud to my person..

Don't get sidelined by unimportant issues. The main issue here is how you and your fiancée treat each other because in the end that is what matters in marriage. Your MIL or SIL will not be living with you in your house when you get married and by then you and your then husband will share all the secrets you have. Forget what your fiancée's mother said and plan your wedding.

1 Like

Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by Dyt(f): 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
sacredheart:

lol I'm not a seer

But u are a feeler feeler
Oya feel it
Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
henribj:

choi, typical Nigerians, they can like to superglue for where better thing is happening.

Lol, who no like better thing grin

Imagine, if I want to do a business, I ask my dear friend sacredheart what she thinks.
Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
sacredheart:
@fem29, meringe.. lol its better you are not.. some one here is already seeing me as a 'seer of doom'..

I'd like to correct a notion-- I don't wish them bad o.. I just fear/feel those steps won't be worthwhile after they must have told me.. and I warn them about it. if they eventually go for it..they regret it!
their steps didn't go bad cause I warned them not to go for it. they went bad cause they are bad!! I only sensed it before they attempt it and I warn them against it..
so don't paint it like..
I'm punishing them for going against my advise.. God forbids!

a scenario: not so big but should count to exactly how I feel about stuffs.
a friend and I went on a mini shopping.. she loves heels no doubt but that faithful day, she saw a high heel shoe.. loved it and decided to buy. I told her to get a particular one instead(a flat heel..) but she was like she's short and doesn't need flat heel.. I tried to persuade her..but to no avail. truly, the shoe she picked was beautiful but I felt the flat heel was better.. she bought her choice tho.. till this very moment, those shoes are there lying useless/worthless in her rack. there was a time she told me, if age knew she would have bought 3 flat heel slippers instead(the one she bought is of price equivalent to those slippers).

nb: I don't have any fears about my fiancé towards this marriage.. but towards my mil to be.. its unhealthy for her to start thinking of me like that.. every little thing I do might start having a different meaning to her..and this is bad! I'm not trying to paint her bad but something happened that involves her, the son and I .. and she was like: if we no follow your talk now, who knows if na house to collapse for person head.. common!!

Yesss OK I need someone like you in my life, the number of people I've sent stuff to sell for me in Nigeria that ripped me off, my own sis sef angry. Imagine if I had a friend like you, would have saved myself a lot f money.

With or mum in law eeyah Pele, you should have tried your possible best for her not to know about or ability
Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by henribj(m): 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
fem29:

Lol, who no like better thing grin

Imagine, if I want to do a business, I ask my dear friend sacredheart what she thinks.

God is watching you in 3D mode o
cheesy
Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by SAMBARRY: 9:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
Another meaningless thread
next
Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
you're not a witch . it's just intuition but we all hv it , some pple don't know how to use it , that's all .
pple're probably coming to u for common-sense issues anyway

sacredheart:

Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by cococandy(f): 2:07am On Apr 04, 2015
OP well there's really nothing She can do about her son coming to you for advice since you guys are gonna be married very soon.
How long can one hide stuff from his wife?
So that should not bother you.

Although I can understand her being uncomfortable with the uncanny way your predictions always come true. But that doesn't warrant her calling you a witch. Pls Just forgive her.

Her real problem is that he now listens more to you than her.

Well you guys needn't rub it in her face that the son takes advice from you abi how else does she know except he tells her?
Talk to you fiancée. (these guys need lessons in diplomacy grin)
He doesn't have to tell her all that since he knows she is not ok with it.

Just thank her and make her feel appreciated for her advice then do what you planned to do all along.

If she finds out you guys didn't follow her way, you can explain it away by saying stuff like you guys did what she said, it didn't work so you tried another way.
All she needs to know is that both of you came up with the solution as one. She doesn't need to know whose idea it was.

I'm not saying you should dimish yourself or act dumb to please her, but Don't go flashing the 'my predictions are always right' card in her face all the time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by Coldplay007(f): 2:22am On Apr 04, 2015
cococandy:
OP well there's really nothing She can do about her son coming to you for advice since you guys are gonna be married very soon.
How long can one hide stuff from his wife?
So that should not bother you.

Although I can understand her being uncomfortable with the uncanny way your predictions always come true. But that doesn't warrant her calling you a witch. Pls Just forgive her.

Her real problem is that he now listens more to you than her.

Well you guys needn't rub it in her face that the son takes advice from you abi how else does she know except he tells her?
Talk to you fiancée. (these guys need lessons in diplomacy grin)
He doesn't have to tell her all that since he knows she is not ok with it.

Just thank her and make her feel appreciated for her advice then do what you planned to do all along.

If she finds out you guys didn't follow her way, you can explain it away by saying stuff like you guys did what she said, it didn't work so you tried another way.
All she needs to know is that both of you came up with the solution as one. She doesn't need to know whose idea it was.

I'm not saying you should dimish yourself or act dumb to please her, but Don't go flashing the 'my predictions are always right' card in her face all the time.
This is all the advice you need... In fact this thread should be closed now. Nobody can post anything better than this...

3 Likes

Re: What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! by cococandy(f): 2:26am On Apr 04, 2015
Coldplay007:

This is all the advice you need... In fact this thread should be closed now. Nobody can post anything better than this...

You're funny cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Saw My 48 Year Old Aunt With One Man. / How Do I Tell My Husband / What Can I Get My One Year Old Nephew On His Birthday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.