Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 (5005 Views)

Art Of War 2 Liberation Of Peru / Where Can I Download God Of War Pc Version Game / Help Needed On God Of War 2 (The Great Chasm). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by obieslim: 1:21pm On Jan 24, 2009
Which of these games do you prefer??
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by Azanor(m): 5:36pm On Jan 24, 2009
to tough to be answered at once. requires in depth analysis
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by ndividual: 8:09am On Jan 26, 2009
What in the world prompted such a question? GUY! Tough one this is. The Ghost of Sparta versus the Son of Sparda! that's too epic a match for one side to prevail. I suggest you just put a poll to this and let's do this by the numbers!!
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by chukslee2(m): 11:03am On Feb 01, 2009
i totally agree with @ndividual, a poll is definitely the answer.
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by nethacker(m): 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2009
obieslim,Azanor,ndividual, Y r u guyz treating gamers like this, Tough!!!is an understatement, Polls won't help matter at all, I an't choose now for it requires critical thinking, verbal reasoning, qualitative analysis,
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by sniperwolf(m): 6:40pm On Feb 12, 2009
Devil May Cry is no match for God of War
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by Nobody: 2:16am On Feb 14, 2009
Haba, God of war is years ahead. It combines action 50%, adventure 40%, and a little thinking. Devil may cry, action 90%, adventure 8%, thinking 2%. God of war has a perfect blend.
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by timbabng(m): 11:12am On Feb 15, 2009
I think God of War is better, but i love Dante's sense of humour
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by ndividual: 10:29am On Feb 16, 2009
I think the poster made a mistake on comparing the two games as a whole. The first thing that came to my mind when i read this thread was "Dante vs Kratos". If you think about it, I feel that's the way the thread shd go. Now that's bloodtastic!

skyope:

Haba, God of war is years ahead. It combines action 50%, adventure 40%, and a little thinking. Devil may cry, action 90%, adventure 8%, thinking 2%. God of war has a perfect blend.

funny, I was about to oppose when I realize you have a point. which just goes to show they are 2 different games in relatively similar genre you can't really compare them both. As much as i love gow's "epicness", sometimes i just wanna go all guns blazing and hit it (DMC MAN!!! grin)

and now, to steer the thread off topic: Dante vs god of war. TAKE YOUR PICK! EXPLAIN WITH SCENARIO

if you insist i start first, no biggie. but i warn you, i might be very biased grin
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by dyabman(m): 4:07am On Feb 17, 2009
i love and prefer Devil may cry than God of war 2

Anyone played Devil may Cry III on PC , its bad. CAPCOM!
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by YEMINEM(m): 6:55am On Feb 19, 2009
You guys are all shallow heads, it seems to me y'all don't know how to analyze video games

Before GOW was release in 2005, infact before i ever knew that there would be ps2 game titled God of War i have been all crazy and craving about Devil May Cry, i even did all the wahala of buying all its available comics (friends stole all except for issue 1 & 3), i so much revved myself up for DMC to the extent that i totally refused to play it at friends place believing that one day i shall buy original copies and comfortably play it at my place, na so i wait 1year, 2year 3year till CAPCOM release DMC 1,2 & 3, i still insisted on buying the 3 when i knew GOW was out i did the same for GOW, Last year i bought original DMC 1,2 and 3, God of War 1 and 2, buy the time i finnish playing GOW 1 & 2, I just simply hated DMC straight up. what a waste of cash.

I mean if you guys are comparing in terms of gameplay, the winner is GOW because Kratos's animation is superb, infact the whole GOW animation and screenplay are awesome compared to 15fps Dante movements and cheap, low polygon, blocky effects that DMC offers.

In terms of storyline, na wa oooo, Kratos story fueled my previous desire about Greek Mythology, educative!!!!, Dante's DMC is just pure fantasy, hack-n-slash, demon-slaying theme, nothing to gain

i won go sleep,

ehen, if anybody see that "princesa" user, make una helep me pursue her commot, i go tell u wetin she do later

good morning.
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by v3: 12:25pm On Feb 19, 2009
DON'T EVEN DARE COMPARE BOTH, GOD OF WAR 1 WAS FREAKY, GOD OF WAR 2 RAISED THE BAR 10 METRES HIGHER. DON'T GET ME STARTED WITH THE STORYLINE, Awesome! got me thinking about looking up the gods of olympus 1 by 1, the gamepaly, Insane, chain combos,blood n gore (even Kratos himself displays anger when killing), then there's the flashbacks as in how it all began, Man i could go on and on, reminds me of when i first saw the cartoon movie Hercules,

On the other hand, DMC's juz abt a bad guy with a good sense of humor, who went about killing grimrippers, guys with bomb-like heads, lol,

Thumbs up to the guy who did GOW & the graphics,storyline crew, they did an AWESOME job.

GOW forever
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by texazzpete(m): 5:42pm On Feb 19, 2009
YEMINEM:

You guys are all shallow heads, it seems to me y'all don't know how to analyze video games

I prefer GoW myself, but that doesn't make Devil May Cry a crappy series. And the visuals of Devil MAy Cry are beyond reproach. Don't even dare go there. While GoW 2 may edge DMC3 in graphics, DMC is no slouch.
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by lynxnoon(m): 1:09am On Feb 24, 2009
God of War
anytime, anyday
PERIOD!!
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by dyabman(m): 1:30am On Feb 24, 2009
lynxnoon:

God of War
anytime, anyday
PERIOD!!

Puberty!!!
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by Shola2009(m): 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2009
wait, wait, have u guys played DMC 4? shocked, thats some awesome story line, and the graphics, super!!!!, nero's devil bringer, exellent!!, GOW is better, but u guys here are saying it like DMC is a complete piece of Sh!@t,
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by timbabng(m): 6:53am On Feb 25, 2009
Shola2009:

wait, wait, have u guys played DMC 4? shocked, thats some awesome story line, and the graphics, super!!!!, nero's devil bringer, exellent!!, GOW is better, but u guys here are saying it like DMC is a complete piece of Sh!@t,

u are right, DMC 4 is very good .
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by Azanor(m): 1:36pm On Mar 17, 2009
Kratos is like the perfect Badass, he does what he does and couldnt care less what u think about him and he can kick some serious ass. also hes a troubled soul, always trying to find redemption for his crimes. the only reason people like him is because he knows how to dish out a good beating. dante on the other hand is a likable character, friendly disposition, laughs in the face of danger and he kicks ass too. whats not to like about him.
or put it this way, if both of them were people that u knew, who would u like better
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by iice(f): 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2009
God of War. DMC has crappy story line.
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by dakmanzero(m): 6:57pm On Apr 02, 2009
Hmm. lots of DMC hate here

smiley

Personally I feel although the GOW series seems to be better right now, at the moment there's no GOW game that can hang with DMC4- it's just too good.

Story:

DMC has never been about serious story, its just all about style and being a total badass with over the top SWAGGER! Kratos is an awesomely angry, crazy, vicious mofo but he is just too CRUDE to touch Dante's SWAGGER!!!!!

Graphics:

The ps2 GOW games have been graphical powerhouses that dwarfed practically all their peers, including the rough-edged DMC's, but DMC4 is such a leap ahead it will remain to be seen if GOW3 can meet up! If you havent seen DMC4, please do.

Gameplay:

Some people said GOW has a better mix than dmc4. I disagree. The puzzles in GOW have always been the most irritating part of the game, just behind the bloody worthless platform sections. DMC abandons that nonsense (few puzzles and jumping sections) in favour of changing up the PRIMARY gameplay which is the COMBAT. And many people complain about DMC being hard woith good reason, you have to FIGHT, you cant ust mash buttons like in GOW. GOW is a very slick, polished and streamlined button masher but a button-masher nonetheless. DMC is for those who have dexterity, skill, speed, reflexes, coordination and STAMINA!!!!!!!

In the end? Well the time I spent playing gow1 and dmc4 rank among the best time I have had playing video games so I love them both!

(Neither can compare to Ninja Gaiden 1 on the xbox though, the ultimate action game, )
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by bigrovar(m): 6:46pm On Apr 28, 2009
@dakmanzero dude where have u been all this while, good to see that u still patrol this part, take care mate
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by ogagusps3: 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2009
Gow2 was nominated for game of the year 2008 and dmc4 which came out 2008 was not nominated.
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by UNLEASHED(m): 9:18am On Apr 30, 2009
Y'all need to play GOW Chains of Olympus!! Then you'll know DMC is not worth comapring to GOW!
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by Infoseye(m): 4:43am On May 03, 2009
I ve been a fan of both games, DMC 1,2,3 was good was always about running about, slashing demons which was ok but got boring with it.
When I first played GOD 1 I did not sleep alnite cuz I always wanted more of the game action even when GOW 2 came out my gf got me the original dics it was fun the story line, the enemies look real forget it GOW IS DA BOMB even the psp version is another epic game own its on DMC are for kids.
Cant to lay my hands on GOD 3 see happens to kratos vs zeus, its a game that has changed the gaming industry abroad do u know how many awards GOW 1 was awarded by EA?
Best game play,best game of the year,best story line,best graphics and more. You dont believe me? Ok check ur unlocked treasure in GOW 1 to see what I mean and for DMC not even 1 award. Dmc 1 was the best and dmc 4. G?D IS DA BOMB!
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by ElRazur: 9:43am On May 03, 2009
God of War for me. I have DMC4 on my PS3, and it just don't have the motivation to play it again.
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by dakmanzero(m): 12:05pm On May 04, 2009
@infoseye: EA is a publisher. They are not qualified to offer anyone any awards except their employes. Plus GOW was published by sony, and not EA.

@ogauspsp3: GOW2 is a 2007 game, not 2008, so you are talking out your arsehole. DMC4 never went head to head with it, and it recieved golden joystick nominations, as well as awards and nominations from various outlets. But then, awards have nothing to do with quality.

@unleashed: Chains of olympus is def one of the best games on PSP, but it doesnt make sense to compare it to dmc4 on the mighty ps3.

Personally I feel GOW is overall a better franchise to DMC, as it is more consistent (DMC 2 was rubbish and DMC 3 was too hard, but GOW is excellent across all 3 releases to date) BUT the top games in the DMC franchise are far superior ONLY as pure action games.

They require more skill, have more depth and more style than GOW. GOW is also marred by annoying and out-of-place puzzle or block-pushing nonsense and bottomless pits of death that just dont fit in the flow of the game.

GOW games on PS2 have better graphics than DMC games on ps2 (not DMC4 on ps3), and better storylines, better presentation, larger scale. They are also easier to play so people can just mindlessly buttonmash without fear, while DMC will punish you severely for playing like a god-d@mned scrub!
Re: Devil May Cry Vs God Of War 2 by Badriyyah(f): 5:53pm On May 04, 2009
God of War 2, Nothing better than Kratos!!!

Dante is an EMO.Lmao

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Phone Games: Help? / PES 2018/FIFA 2018 On Ppsspp / Boycott EA Sports And FIFA Yearly Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.