Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,651 members, 7,820,261 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Some Old School Lovely Primary School Marching Songs I Cannot Forget - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Some Old School Lovely Primary School Marching Songs I Cannot Forget (5832 Views)

Some Old Photos From Nigeria's Past / Buhari To Give Primary School Pupils Free Meals. / The Friends I Cannot Forget So Soon at school (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Old School Lovely Primary School Marching Songs I Cannot Forget by Eberex(m): 9:37pm On Apr 04, 2015
Back in our primary school days ( for those of us who attended jakande schools) the setting used to be like: 8:00am the bell rings, kpagam! Kpagam!! Kpagam!!! You would see pupils rushing and running out at full speed to the assembly ground. In the process some would trip and fall, (who cares), while the rest of us would continue.

Like robots we would form a queue, but not without a fight to be the one to stand at the front. But later you will hear: ‘’line up according to your height’’. And you’ll find the person who made it to the front ending up going behind ten pupils because he is tall (so much for the struggle to be in the front queue).

The teacher on duty after morning devotions and singing the national anthem and reciting the pledge, it would now be ‘’marching song’’.
Here are some marching songs I remember, and I know you do too.

1. Try to be an obedient child, be obedient..be obedient. Try to be an obedient child, never break the rule.

2. H - I- P for the HIP for the HIPOPO. PO- PO- for the HIPOPO, and TAMUS for the HIPOPOTAMUS. HIPOPOTAMUS.

3. Where ever you go. GO GO GO GONGO. Whatever you see. SISI EKO. Do not say yes when you mean to say No. BABA IBADAN!.

4. Home my Home, Home my Home. When shall I see my home. When shall I see my native land. I will never forget my home.

Do you remember any……………….please help me out. I know there are others i cannot recall. Its such a long time ago.

1 Like

Re: Some Old School Lovely Primary School Marching Songs I Cannot Forget by swaggzo(m): 9:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
WELL I'M IN PRIMARY 5 AND
I. I'M SORRY, I DO NOT GET WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT. cheesy
Re: Some Old School Lovely Primary School Marching Songs I Cannot Forget by Eberex(m): 10:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
swaggzo:
WELL I'M IN PRIMARY 5 AND
I. I'M SORRY, I DO NOT GET WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT. cheesy

Sorry dude. I was referring to primary school days in the 80's not your 21st century

(1) (Reply)

Snake Saves A Drowning Fish! Wow! (photo) / Fellow Nairalanders:is Police Truely Our Friend? / When Was The Last Time You Cried?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.