Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. - Education (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. (120538 Views)

Dead Newborn Baby In University Of Maiduguri’s Female Toilet (Photos) / Alaafin Of Oyo Is The Chancellor Of University Of Maiduguri / ✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by muhamadnur: 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2016
yerimas:
welcome to the geologic world
nice TO HAVE ME, ARE YOU A FELLOW GRANITE.
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by Charles141: 11:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
So wen are they releasing d 2nd batch pls??
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by mzeepositive: 11:35pm On Oct 01, 2016
MBBS on point God never fails but d road very rough

3 Likes

Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by BaronVonAwesome: 5:41am On Oct 02, 2016
dbrainiac...what's the next line of action?
can you also like give an idea of what would be needed for clearance and stuff like that?

1 Like

Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by BaronVonAwesome: 5:43am On Oct 02, 2016
mzeepositive:
congrats mzee,nice having you on board

1 Like

Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by ASAbraham(m): 6:41am On Oct 02, 2016
Julidab:

congrat dear. See u next yr by Gods grace.
tnks with all my hrt. Success as u prepare
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by ASAbraham(m): 6:55am On Oct 02, 2016
BaronVonAwesome:
admitted#Asabraham unimaid made us patient dogs...lol
yea we actually tolarated it. Thank God we made it.
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by muhamadnur: 7:48am On Oct 02, 2016
mzeepositive:
brace ur self up and your good to go congrat.

1 Like

Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 02, 2016
Congrats to those admitted. Please is there any D.E applicants that have been admitted?
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by yerimas(m): 8:35am On Oct 02, 2016
muhamadnur:
nice TO HAVE ME, ARE YOU A FELLOW GRANITE.
yes
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by dauspiro: 11:47am On Oct 02, 2016
Bt is it tru dat d D.E x out
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by Imattalba: 12:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
Pls when ar they release d 2nd batch?

Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by Dbrainiac1(m): 1:18pm On Oct 02, 2016
dauspiro:
Bt is it tru dat d D.E x out
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by Dbrainiac1(m): 1:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
dauspiro:
Bt is it tru dat d D.E is out?
yes
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by Dbrainiac1(m): 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
New students should go to their respective faculties to collect their admisdion letters. Medical and dental students should go to the Edinton building at the Teaching Hospital.
You should be required to present yourself with the original copy of your jamb result(with photocopies in case) before the admission letter can be issued to you.
After that you should be required to undergo a screening process where they will confirm your results and documents. You'll be asked to provide originals and photocopies of the following
1. Jamb result
2. O level result
3. Birth certificate
4. Certificate of local government of origin
5. Primary certificate

On successful confirmation of your credentials, you may be asked to pay for prospectus(I think compulsory for MBBS/BDS), and the necessary things for your registration will be issued you(a bank teller, online reg clearance pin, and some forms which you need to fill appropriately).
They may either make provision that you pay your school fees at your respective faculties or you have to do so at the Unimaid Microfinance Bank, it all depends.
School fees should not be more than #33,550 based on last year.
After payment, submit a photocopy of your payment receipt at the school Computer/ICT centre for upload. When the upload is done(may take a day or two), you can begin your online registration (still at the Computer/ICT centre).
When you're done with the registration, make photocopies of it and sign it, then submit to your HOD/level coordinator.
The ID card form should be submitted to the MIS Office where your data and photograph will be captured.(You can do this only after you've paid your school fees)
I think I've said the most important things, the rest you'll find out subsequently, and there may be slight changes because Unimaid gets better and better. grin

Welcome to UNIMAID, where you will be made.

Once more I congratulate all of you, hope to see at the long queues in Unimaid. I hope you all have a wonderful registration experience and I wish you all the best throughout your studies at the Centre of Excellence.

I still remain Dr. Zedd
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by ASAbraham(m): 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
New students should go to their respective faculties to collect their admisdion letters. Medical and dental students should go to the Edinton building at the Teaching Hospital.
You should be required to present yourself with the original copy of your jamb result(with photocopies in case) before the admission letter can be issued to you.
After that you should be required to undergo a screening process where they will confirm your results and documents. You'll be asked to provide originals and photocopies of the following
1. Jamb result
2. O level result
3. Birth certificate
4. Certificate of local government of origin
5. Primary certificate

On successful confirmation of your credentials, you may be asked to pay for prospectus(I think compulsory for MBBS/BDS), and the necessary things for your registration will be issued you(a bank teller, online reg clearance pin, and some forms which you need to fill appropriately).
They may either make provision that you pay your school fees at your respective faculties or you have to do so at the Unimaid Microfinance Bank, it all depends.
School fees should not be more than #33,550 based on last year.
After payment, submit a photocopy of your payment receipt at the school Computer/ICT centre for upload. When the upload is done(may take a day or two), you can begin your online registration (still at the Computer/ICT centre).
When you're done with the registration, make photocopies of it and sign it, then submit to your HOD/level coordinator.
The ID card form should be submitted to the MIS Office where your data and photograph will be captured.(You can do this only after you've paid your school fees)
I think I've said the most important things, the rest you'll find out subsequently, and there may be slight changes because Unimaid gets better and better. grin

Welcome to UNIMAID, where you will be made.

Once more I congratulate all of you, hope to see at the long queues in Unimaid. I hope you all have a wonderful registration experience and I wish you all the best throughout your studies at the Centre of Excellence.

I still remain Dr. Zedd

Tanks alot Dr. Zedd for the helpful registration tips. more grease to your elbow........

1 Like

Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by ASAbraham(m): 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
Dr. Zedd pls like how much is for the Prospectus for MBBS?? tnks in anticipation
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by BaronVonAwesome: 1:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
ASAbraham:
yea we actually tolarated it. Thank God we made it.
yeah...when are you travelling down?
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by ASAbraham(m): 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
BaronVonAwesome:
yeah...when are you travelling down?

I reside in Maiduguri. Wednesday morning God's grace i would proceed to Teaching Hospital (Edinton building) for registration. #peace always.

1 Like

Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by Dbrainiac1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
ASAbraham:
Dr. Zedd pls like how much is for the Prospectus for MBBS?? tnks in anticipation
It should still be 2k. But it can more than that now due to increased cost of production.

1 Like

Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by ASAbraham(m): 2:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
It should still be 2k. But it can more than that now due to increased cost of production.

Thanks Dr Zedd. Can a candidate finish all the registration process in a day
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by Dbrainiac1(m): 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
ASAbraham:

Thanks Dr Zedd. Can a candidate finish all the registration process in a day
Nope. You'd be lucky to even get your admission letter in one day. I spent a week before I got mine.

1 Like

Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by mzeepositive: 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
BaronVonAwesome:
congrats mzee,nice having you on board
tanx a lot c u there on Thursday
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by chid3x: 3:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
Hello there, I got admitted to MBBS but am currently in final year in another institution and I am thinking of doing the clearance then running the two degrees at a time (if possible) so when am done with my final year I'd move on to 200 level at maiduguri. So my question here is it possible to write exams without attending much of the lectures? Is unimaid strict when it comes to class attendance for year one students considering that their numbers are plenty?

Optionally, I'd defer the admission to next year. Does anyone know the processes involved?

Cc: Dbrainiac1
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by Dbrainiac1(m): 3:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
chid3x:
Hello there, I got admitted to MBBS but am currently in final year in another institution and I am thinking of doing the clearance then running the two degrees at a time (if possible) so when am done with my final year I'd move on to 200 level at maiduguri. So my question here is it possible to write exams without attending much of the lectures?
Nope.
Is unimaid strict when it comes to class attendance for year one students considering that their numbers are plenty?
Some lecturers are strict some are not. But it will be very hard for you to pass year one without attending most of the lecturers, because attendance can be taken at any poont and it is part of your assessment. Still, lecturers do give shut guns at anytime they feel like. And you can't pass without a good CA. I won't advice you to run both programmes at the same time. You can do it, but at a very big risk of doing that same year twice.

Optionally, I'd defer the admission to next year. Does anyone know the processes involved?

Cc: Dbrainiac1
That's a better option, if not at all the best that you have right now. I don't know much about the deferment process but I think you'll need to finish registration first. Good luck.
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
Nope. Some lecturers are strict some are not. But it will be very hard for you to pass year one without attending most of the lecturers, because attendance can be taken at any poont and it is part of your assessment. Still, lecturers do give shut guns at anytime they feel like. And you can't pass without a good CA. I won't advice you to run both programmes at the same time. You can do it, but at a very big risk of doing that same year twice.
That's a better option, if not at all the best that you have right now. I don't know much about the deferment process but I think you'll need to finish registration first. Good luck.
Dr Zedd, I am a BSc holder. I can't find my name in D.E list though I chose public law as second choice. What are my chances and is this the final admission list?
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by ASAbraham(m): 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
Pls Dr Zedd. can u shed more lights on hotel accommodation to freshers (MBBS). Thanks in anticipation.
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by Dbrainiac1(m): 4:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mikymiko:
Dr Zedd, I am a BSc holder. I can't find my name in D.E list though I chose public law as second choice. What are my chances and is this the final admission list?
I can't tell you your chance. But during the screening process, the school made a notice through a newspaper that only candidates who chose the university as first choice are eligible. I don't know if it's the final admission list. We hope for another.
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by Dbrainiac1(m): 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2016
ASAbraham:
Pls Dr Zedd. can u shed more lights on hotel accommodation to freshers (MBBS). Thanks in anticipation.
After paying your school fees. Proceed to the dean's office at the Student Affairs Division. They may ask you to pay for the hostel application pin there or you'll have to go to the Microfinance bank and so, before they will take down your details.
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by chid3x: 4:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
You can do it, but at a very big risk of doing that same year twice.

I actually don't mind doing the same year twice though. What might make one repeat a course level?

Here in my university, once you fail a core MBBS course (eg. Maths, bio, physics or statistics) in your year one you'd drop i.e you would have to change to another department. (No repeat year here)
Re: University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants. by Dbrainiac1(m): 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2016
chid3x:

I actually don't mind doing the same year twice though. What might make one repeat a course level?

Here in my university, once you fail a core MBBS course (eg. Maths, bio, physics or statistics) in your year one you'd drop i.e you would have to change to another department. (No repeat year here)
It is not advisable for you to repeat here. When you fail three courses with a score less than 50 and above 40, or when you have an average of 30 in a course, or when you fail after resit.
But when you have 3 Fs, you have to withdraw.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (33) (Reply)

How Do I Get The Original Waec Certificate / 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. / Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.