Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1943 Views)

Is The Holy Spirit Present In The Life Of Both Believers And Unbelievers? / Hell-bound Christians And Heaven-bound Unbelievers / Atheists, Unbelievers, Jehovah Witnesses, Muslims, All.....see This!!!!(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 9:42am On Apr 05, 2015
Lee Strobel, best-selling author of numerous books including The Case for Christ and The Case for Faith, was a committed atheist when his wife, Leslie, became a Christian in 1979. Rankled by this turn of events, Strobel, then legal editor at the Chicago Tribune, poured his legal training and journalistic skills into investigating the validity of Leslie’s newfound faith. He figured he could dismantle it in a weekend. Twenty-one months later, Strobel laid down his yellow legal pad and surrendered his life to Jesus Christ. He spoke with Decision about how his Christian faith is bolstered both by the evidence and by three decades of walking with the Savior.

Q: In your latest book The Case for Grace, you detail some of your formative experiences that turned you toward atheism. Yet it was the truth of the resurrection of Jesus that turned your life upside down. Do you recall a moment in time when you knew in your gut that you had a decision to make?

A: Yes, Nov. 8, 1981. I had gone to church with Leslie that day. I can’t remember anything that was said, but I came home and I just felt like after a year and nine months of looking at the evidence from science and history, and especially the resurrection, that I needed to reach a verdict. As I wrote page after page of evidence on my yellow legal pad, I just put down my pen and said, “Wait a second, it’s going to take more faith to maintain my atheism than to become a Christian,” because the evidence, I believed, was that strong. So that’s when I concluded the resurrection was true. I read John 1:12, which says that “as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe on His name.” I didn’t just believe it, but I repented of my sin and received His free gift of forgiveness and eternal life, and became a child of God. And my life began to change.

SOURCE: http://billygraham.org/decision-magazine/april-2015/lee-strobel-talks-about-the-resurrection/

1 Like

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 9:48am On Apr 05, 2015
Q: Before your wife came to saving faith, how would you have assessed the claim that a Jewish carpenter/rabbi who was flogged and crucified by Roman soldiers rose from the dead after two nights in the grave and then appeared to His followers?

A: Well, I have skepticism woven into my DNA. My knee-jerk reaction to Christianity was that it was ridiculous and not worth checking out. The idea was absurd. As I studied more in the area of atheism, I became more cemented in that view. But when my wife became a Christian and I saw positive changes in her, I decided to use my legal and journalism background to investigate it. Like one of those clown punching bags, I felt like every time I would hit Christianity with an objection, it would bounce back up.

SOURCE: http://billygraham.org/decision-magazine/april-2015/lee-strobel-talks-about-the-resurrection/

1 Like

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 9:52am On Apr 05, 2015
Q: For you, what are the most convincing proofs that point to the resurrection?

A: Well, first we have to look at the issue of whether Jesus claimed to be divine, which is clear and convincing. In Mark, the earliest Gospel, the most common way Jesus talks about Himself is as the Son of Man—a reference to Daniel 7, where you have a figure with exalted and divine characteristics, in the very presence of God. So this is, in a sense, a claim to deity.

The parable in Mark 12 of the landowner and the vineyard and the tenant farmers clearly talks about the beloved son and his special exalted status as the heir.

At the time of the crucifixion when He is asked, “Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?” He says, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One,” which is a reference to Psalm 110, “coming on the clouds of Heaven,” which is also Daniel 7. In John 10:30, He says that “I and the Father are one,” and the word there in Greek is not masculine, it’s neuter, which means He’s not saying “I and the Father are the same person.” He’s saying “I and the Father are the same thing.”

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:58am On Apr 05, 2015
You cannot prove a claimed made by the bible with the bible. It is false logic!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 10:06am On Apr 05, 2015
Q: Did His return from the dead back up His claim to deity?

A: I look at the four E’s of the resurrection: First, the execution. We have no record of anyone surviving a full Roman crucifixion. The evidence for the execution is so strong historically because not only do we have multiple sources in the New Testament, we have five ancient sources outside the New Testament that confirm and corroborate His execution.

Then, we have early accounts that He rose from the dead. Most people like me thought it was a legend that developed a long time later. And it generally took, according to A.N. Sherwin-White, the great Oxford scholar, at least two generations of time for legend to grow up in the ancient world and wipe out a solid core of historical truth.

But we have—and this was a key bit of evidence for me—1 Corinthians 15 starting in verse 3—a creed of the earliest church that says that Jesus died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, was buried and rose on the third day. Eminent scholar James D.G. Dunn says we can be entirely confident that this creed was formulated within months of Jesus’ death. So here we have something that goes right back to the beginning—too quickly to write it off merely as a legend.

Then we have the empty tomb. For me the most convincing piece is what the skeptics said. When the disciples began saying that Jesus had risen, what the skeptics never said was, “Baloney, go open the tomb and you’ll see the body.” That would have put the onus on the disciples to prove it. But they never said that. What they said was, “Oh, well, the disciples stole the body.” They’re implicitly conceding that the tomb is empty.

And then the eyewitnesses. We’re lucky in the ancient world if we have one or two sources to confirm a fact. But for the conviction of the disciples that they had encountered the resurrected Christ, we have no fewer than nine ancient sources from inside and outside the New Testament, confirming and corroborating His appearances. The resurrection really confirms His identity of being the Son of God.

Q: How does the certainty of the resurrection help buoy the believer in difficult times?

A: I think the evidence is important because it points us in the direction of Jesus being the Son of God, but if you ask me today why I believe, I don’t generally go back to the evidence, even though it’s there. It’s strong. It’s led me to that conviction. My belief today that Jesus is who He claimed to be is based on the fact that I’ve known Him now since Nov. 8, 1981. I have a personal relationship with Him. So it’s a both/and. I think the evidence is important, but our relationship with God ultimately is how we know it’s true. And the Bible says that the Holy Spirit whispers to us, confirming to us that we are a son or daughter of God.

Q: Your other books are more evidence based. Your latest one goes deeply into true stories of grace. What prompted you to go that direction?

A: Two things. I’ve written these previous books that look at the historical and scientific evidence for orthodox Christianity. They present some foundational facts. But another element is the experiential side. It’s an important part of the case because if God is real, you would expect that He would change lives. And so if that wasn’t true, we would have reason to doubt. But we see lives transformed, and I believe that is part of the case.

But by itself it’s not sufficient because if you just look at changed lives, Muslims claim changed lives and even atheists claim changed lives. Lots of different world religions claim changed lives. So it’s not enough by itself to make the case.

The other reason is it’s really my life’s message. Because God so radically transformed my values and character and morality and worldview when I came to faith in Him, and over time He has so fundamentally transformed my life, my mission in life has been to see other people change, too. I’m an evangelist, I want to see people come to faith. And I’m sort of an addict for stories of grace. My life message is that God will forgive you, He’ll adopt you and He’ll transform you. And this book is about the way in which He’ll forgive you and adopt you and transform you.

I want people to know that. That’s a message the world needs to hear. Fundamentally, grace is God’s favor toward sinners. It’s the unmerited and unearned gift of forgiveness and eternal life. That’s grace.

Q: You mention in the preface of The Case for Grace that “Christianity is unique” when compared to world religions, and “so is the grace Christ offers.” What is unique about these things?

A: That’s a good question. Christianity stands in sharp contrast because it is based on grace. Christ has paid the penalty for our sin, and He offers forgiveness and eternal life as a free gift that we can’t earn.

And what’s also different about Christianity is that[b] it invites investigation.[/b] Paul says in 1 Corinthians 15:17 that, “If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile. You are still in your sins.” So he’s saying, “Look, if the resurrection is not an actual historical event, you should walk away from this.” That invites investigation.

That’s different. I don’t know if I want to say that’s unique about Christianity, but it’s different. Christianity is different because it invites investigation and it withstands historical and scientific scrutiny.

But certainly the grace aspect of Christianity is unique. C.S. Lewis once encountered a group of scholars having a debate in one of the rooms at Oxford, and he asked, “What are you guys talking about?” They said, “Well, we’re trying to figure out what’s unique about Christianity.” And he said, “Well, that’s easy. Grace.”

Q: To someone who would say, “I believe in rational things—science, evidence, etc. But you rely on faith,” what do you say?

A: We all have faith in one thing or the other. It’s either faith in our own intellectual capacity, faith in a person or faith in an institution or organization. I believe putting your faith in Christ is a step of faith, yes, but it’s a step in the same direction that the evidence of history and science are pointing. So if you picture a stream with a strong current, that’s the picture in my mind’s eye of how the evidence is flowing in a direction. Not everything—you have little tributaries that are hard to account for—but overwhelmingly the evidence is flowing in a direction. To maintain my atheism, I would have had to swim upstream against that evidence. That’s not the rational or logical approach. The most logical thing is to go in the direction the evidence is flowing. We do that every day. We assess evidence and we take a step in the same direction.

Right now I am drinking from a bottle of water. How do I know it isn’t poison? Well, my wife gave it to me. She has no reason to harm. I haven’t seen any news reports of anybody getting sick from drinking bottled water. The name of the company is reputable. The bottle was sealed. It doesn’t smell funny or appear discolored. It still could be poison, but based on that evidence I take a sip and I taste and see that it’s good. And the Bible says “Taste and see that the Lord is good” (Psalm 34:cool. We assess, either consciously or unconsciously, the evidence that points in a direction. We still have to take a step of faith, but it’s a logical step. It makes sense. It’s logical to drink of the living water that John 4 talks about.

GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 10:06am On Apr 05, 2015
GeneralShepherd:
You cannot prove a claimed made by the bible with the bible. It is false logic!

THAT GUY WAS LIKE YOU.....
Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by AtheistD(m): 10:45am On Apr 05, 2015
Nothing here proves either the existence of Christ or God.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by swaggzo(m): 11:13am On Apr 05, 2015
What bothers me about this sort of scholarship is that Christianity is PRESUMED to have greater probability of truth than any other religion, without any justification. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Weah96: 3:06pm On Apr 05, 2015
Atheism requires nothing except the observation of reality and nature. If you were to purchase a brand new 2015 vehicle and fill up the tank with gas, it still requires some level of faith to assume that the car will crank up after you push the START button. But that faith is based on observation of reality and nature. I have driven cars with only 3 or 4 miles on the odometer, and they always cranked up when I pushed START.

You guys practice another kind of faith, the blind one. Blind faith is the equivalent of picking up a stone, pouring gasoline on it, and expecting the thing to turn into a car. The observation hasn't been made in nature. Manufacturers don't make cars that look like small stones.

Christians use atheist faith when it is necessary. They will go to hospitals or take their children to hospitals to seek treatment. They will put gas in their cars without assuming that the God will make it work without gas. They will flee the sound of gunfire without assuming that the God will bend the bullets away from their direction.

Atheist do all the same things. However, we don't talk to ourselves and pretend that there is someone else there listening. Why? It's easy to determine if someone is in a room with you or not. Use your eyes to look, look behind fixed structures. Use the same sense you use to take your children to the doctor or to run from gunfire. If you see no one, then there is no one there. I haven't seen any spirit looking person trailing a Christian before.

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
Weah96:
Atheism requires nothing except the observation of reality and nature. If you were to purchase a brand new 2015 vehicle and fill up the tank with gas, it still requires some level of faith to assume that the car will crank up after you push the START button. But that faith is based on observation of reality and nature. I have driven cars with only 3 or 4 miles on the odometer, and they always cranked up when I pushed START.

You guys practice another kind of faith, the blind one. Blind faith is the equivalent of picking up a stone, pouring gasoline on it, and expecting the thing to turn into a car. The observation hasn't been made in nature. Manufacturers don't make cars that look like small stones.

Christians use atheist faith when it is necessary. They will go to hospitals or take their children to hospitals to seek treatment. They will put gas in their cars without assuming that the God will make it work without gas. They will flee the sound of gunfire without assuming that the God will bend the bullets away from their direction.

Atheist do all the same things. However, we don't talk to ourselves and pretend that there is someone else there listening. Why? It's easy to determine if someone is in a room with you or not. Use your eyes to look, look behind fixed structures. Use the same sense you use to take your children to the doctor or to run from gunfire. If you see no one, then there is no one there. I haven't seen any spirit looking person trailing a Christian before.

A Christian does not need faith to believe in God's existence . He does not even require faith to know He exists . That's vetus if atheists think faith is needed to assure a Believer of His existence

The "Atheist faith" you mean is simply wisdom . You have the adrenaline rush when you encounter danger , or trying to get away from something that could harm you . Its God-given , you experience it naturally.

If you are facing danger , wisdom entails you to run away from it . Its more of common sense you know . Heaven helps those who help themselves but that does not mean God won't help you if you truly believe in Him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Weah96: 6:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

A Christian does not need faith to believe in God's existence . He does not even require faith to know He exists . That's vetus if atheists think faith is needed to assure a Believer of His existence

The "Atheist faith" you mean is simply wisdom . You have the adrenaline rush when you encounter danger , or trying to get away from something that could harm you . Its God-given , you experience it naturally.

If you are facing danger , wisdom entails you to run away from it . Its more of common sense you know . Heaven helps those who help themselves but that does not mean God won't help you if you truly believe in Him

Atheists have the faith of the biblical Thomas. It requires confirmation by the senses, like prior visual observation or experience. Thomas didn't believe that Jesus came back to life either, until Jesus appeared before his own two eyes and he used his own hand to touch the spirit corpse person. Mind you that this was someone who supposedly witnessed other miracles with his homeboys, including resurrections!! He had NEVER OBSERVED someone resurrecting HIMSELF before so he didn't believe it. I'm just like that Thomas person. I don't even believe Jesus exists because I haven't observed him or witnessed his manifestation in my entire life. You can't just show me an old book, or use your mouth to tell me.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:23pm On Apr 05, 2015
Weah96:

Atheists have the faith of the biblical Thomas. It requires confirmation by the senses, like prior visual observation or experience. Thomas didn't believe that Jesus came back to life either, until Jesus appeared before his own two eyes and he used his own hand to touch the spirit corpse person. Mind you that this was someone who supposedly witnessed other miracles with his homeboys, including resurrections!! He had NEVER OBSERVED someone resurrecting HIMSELF before so he didn't believe it. I'm just like that Thomas person. I don't even believe Jesus exists because I haven't observed him or witnessed his manifestation in my entire life. You can't just show me an old book, or use your mouth to tell me.

Ive never been to America but I know there's a country that bears that name . I've watched their movies , I use their technology but Ive not been there . So since Ive not been there , won't I sound weird if I say there's no place like America because Ive not been there ?

Thomas believed in Jesus , he witnessed his power and miracles but doubted his resurrection . Resurrection was unimaginable to Thomas . You mean after Christ died , he came back to life ? , Thomas was confused! It was understandable that he doubted it . He knew Christ has the power because he raised other people from the dead , so why can't he do same for Himself ? Thomas needed assurance to clear his doubt . Christ appeared to him , showed him his hands and feet ,and said Blessed are those who haven't seen his resurrected body , but yet believed .

Why do you think I believe in God , even though "I've not seen him" .His miracles - saves lives , heals the sick etc are more than enough for me to believe in Him . So Weah96 if you experience God's power will you believe in Him ?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Weah96: 8:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Ive never been to America but I know there's a country that bears that name . I've watched their movies , I use their technology but Ive not been there . So since Ive not been there , won't I sound weird if I say there's no place like America because Ive not been there ?

Thomas believed in Jesus , he witnessed his power and miracles but doubted his resurrection . Resurrection was unimaginable to Thomas . You mean after Christ died , he came back to life ? , Thomas was confused! It was understandable that he doubted it . He knew Christ has the power because he raised other people from the dead , so why can't he do same for Himself ? Thomas needed assurance to clear his doubt . Christ appeared to him , showed him his hands and feet ,and said Blessed are those who haven't seen his resurrected body , but yet believed .

Why do you think ... (my laptop battery is almost dead , I'l be back in a few minutes pls)

You believe America exists because your brain has encountered a sufficient amount of information that corroborate the fact. There is a unanimous agreement among intelligent humans that the country exists, regardless of ethnicity, race, or creed. Malams will slap you just as sooner as an evangelical Christian or an atheist for suggesting that America is fictional. That usually is a good indicator. In addition to that, there are steps that YOU can take in this life to verify the claim that America is a real country. You don't have to DIE first. There are airports that you could visit that show the flight times on big TV screens. Someone could send you a text showing the phone number, you could get a visa like others who "claim" to get visas. To dismiss that evidence is to acknowledge a global conspiracy that is hell-bent on deceiving only YOU. There are lots of physical evidence.

The evidence for Jesus is very simple. He talks to other mammals today, even caring to predict the outcomes of Premier League matches through TB Joshua. Why can't he talk to those who doubt his existence? He talked to Thomas in the book. In the book, he says that if you believe in him, like 30% of humans claim they do, then someone should have moved a mountain somewhere. After 2000 years, every fixed natural structure remains in place. What am I supposed to do?

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Weah96: 8:34pm On Apr 05, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

So Weah96 if you experience God's power will you believe in Him ?

I will be COMPELLED to do so, remember? Hellfire...rings a bell? There is NO CHOICE. Only re)t(ards would want to enter a fire to prove a point. I'm not that stubborn.

The fact that you believe in him, and can't do anything with your belief, is another piece of evidence that cements my position. Read John 14:12. So far, all you've done is type and type and type. Just like me who doesn't have any unnatural powers. Your powerlessness contradicts John 14:12. Unless you're really LYING about believing in Jesus.
Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 8:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
Weah96:

I will be COMPELLED to do so, remember? Hellfire...rings a bell? There is NO CHOICE. Only re)t(ards would want to enter a fire to prove a point. I'm not that stubborn.

The fact that you believe in him, and can't do anything with your belief, is another piece of evidence that cements my position. Read John 14:12. So far, all you've done is type and type and type. Just like me who doesn't have any unnatural powers. Your powerlessness contradicts John 14:12. Unless you're really LYING about believing in Jesus.

how do u ascertain he has no powers?...u are speculating. Well, every true christian possesses POWER (Acts 1:cool
Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Weah96: 8:53pm On Apr 05, 2015
bingbagbo:

how do u ascertain he has no powers?...u are speculating. Well, every true christian possesses POWER (Acts 1:cool

Are you a Christian? What are your own powers? What have you ordered to be manifested or moved like Jesus used to do? Why are you still typing mere words?
Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
Weah96:

You believe America exists because your brain has encountered a sufficient amount of information that corroborate the fact. There is a unanimous agreement among intelligent humans that the country exists, regardless of ethnicity, race, or creed. Malams will slap you just as sooner as an evangelical Christian or an atheist for suggesting that America is fictional. That usually is a good indicator. In addition to that, there are steps that YOU can take in this life to verify the claim that America is a real country. You don't have to DIE first. There are airports that you could visit that show the flight times on big TV screens. Someone could send you a text showing the phone number, you could get a visa like others who "claim" to get visas. To dismiss that evidence is to acknowledge a global conspiracy that is hell-bent on deceiving only YOU. There are lots of physical evidence.

There are a lot of physical evidences to prove His existence - the bible , pilgrimage , there are well-documented evidences apart from the bible etc . And you are getting it all wrong , you have to do away with many misconceptions. Like

1. You have to die to know if Heaven/Hell is real
2. Sun , Moon , etc were created 6,000 years ago
3. GOD is a sky being or imagination of man lots more ... you could list them

The evidence for Jesus is very simple. He talks to other mammals today, even caring to predict the outcomes of Premier League matches through TB Joshua. Why can't he talk to those who doubt his existence? He talked to Thomas in the book. In the book, he says that if you believe in him, like 30% of humans claim they do, then someone should have moved a mountain somewhere. After 2000 years, every fixed natural structure remains in place. What am I supposed to do?

1. Have you cared to actually know him ? Or you just looking at the surface of the whole thing ?
2. Do you think miracles are fake or staged?
3. Is there actually a need to talk to you?

I don't know about TB Joshua so let me not go there .

He has not appeared to me but I believe . Now let's examine Christ's appearance to Thomas to clear his doubt about resurrection

The event is very significant because Thomas was one of His apostles . After Christ appeared to him ,showed him the nails on his hands and feet Christ said to him, Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed

Christ did not appear to Thomas only just to clear his doubt , but to reach out to generations after who will know Him by reading the bible , by learning from the personal experiences of others . Thomas represented these generations , he stood in our place . Thomas' doubt signified our uncertainties about his existence , our unanswered questions . So through Christ's appearance to Thomas who doubted him , we 2,000 years after have been reached out to .

Study the bible Weah96 , not read it . The so called contradictions are just misconceptions .

Even the president Jonathan uses different media to pass a message across to Nigerians - His spokesman , his Facebook page with over 1.8 million likes , TV stations etc

These true pastors are God's spokesmen , the Bible is "His Facebook page" . He speaks to you through these .The problem is ,are you willing to humble yourself and hear these messages ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2015
Weah96:

Are you a Christian? What are your own powers? What have you ordered to be manifested or moved like Jesus used to do? Why are you still typing mere words?

u dont even know me

besides, what else do u expect me to type?? .....figures? lipsrsealed
Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Weah96: 9:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

There are a lot of physical evidences to prove His existence - the bible , pilgrimage , there are well-documented evidences apart from the bible etc . And you are getting it all wrong , you have to do away with many misconceptions. Like

1. You have to die to know if Heaven/Hell is real
2. Sun , Moon , etc were created 6,000 years ago
3. GOD is a sky being or imagination of man lots more ... you could list them

1. Have you cared to actually know him ? Or you just looking at the surface of the whole thing ?
2. Do you think miracles are fake or staged?
3. Is there actually a need to talk to you?

I don't know about TB Joshua so let me not go there .

He has not appeared to me but I believe . Now let's examine Christ's appearance to Thomas to clear his doubt about resurrection

The event is very significant because Thomas was one of His apostles . After Christ appeared to him ,showed him the nails on his hands and feet Christ said to him, Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed

Christ did not appear to Thomas only just to clear his doubt , but to reach out to generations after who will know Him by reading the bible , by learning from the personal experiences of others . Thomas represented these generations , he stood in our place . Thomas' doubt signified our uncertainties about his existence , our unanswered questions . So through Christ's appearance to Thomas who doubted him , we 2,000 years after have been reached out to .

Study the bible Weah96 , not read it . The so called contradictions are just misconceptions .

Even the president Jonathan uses different media to pass a message across to Nigerians - His spokesman , his Facebook page with over 1.8 million likes , TV stations etc

These true pastors are God's spokesmen , the Bible is "His Facebook page" . He speaks to you through these .The problem is ,are you willing to humble yourself and hear these messages ?

You claim to believe and all you can say is study the bible? Did you read John 14:12? Hahaha. I don't believe in miracles because, for example, you who believe cannot perform one according to the claims of John 14:12. The biblical Thomas wasn't reprimanded for his doubt and skepticism btw, nobody punished him or called him a fo.ol for trying to touch the physical body of a resurrected person.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Weah96: 9:16pm On Apr 05, 2015
bingbagbo:

u dont even know me

besides, what else do u expect me to type?? .....figures? lipsrsealed

I don't think Jesus would keep talking, and talking, and talking, and talking. He would have appeared here by now. I'm surprised that you can't teleport yourself across space, because you were empowered to do so according to John 14:12.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
Weah96:

Hey Weah96 I have powers , its clearly written in the bible
Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
Weah96:

You claim to believe and all you can say is study the bible? Did you read John 14:12? Hahaha. I don't believe in miracles because, for example, you who believe cannot perform one according to the claims of John 14:12. The biblical Thomas wasn't reprimanded for his doubt and skepticism btw, nobody punished him or called him a fo.ol for trying to touch the physical body of a resurrected person.

God perform miracles through the true Believers . You see, misconception not contradiction . If you are a Believer you can perform miracles (God does it through you) . You are always talking of appear appear hiaaan !!!
Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Weah96: 9:33pm On Apr 05, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

God perform miracles through the true Believers . You see, misconception not contradiction . If you are a Believer you can perform miracles (God does it through you) . You are always talking of appear appear hiaaan !!!

[size=14pt]John 14:12King James Version (KJV)

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.[/size]

What am I missing? Jesus wasn't performing miracles through people. He performed it ON people, blind could see, lame could walk, entire cemeteries opened and released their dead who simply vanished from history. Stuff like that. I'm not the one who suggested it as a prerequisite or a means of TESTING your Jesus belief. I just quoted the book.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Weah96: 9:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Hey Weah96 I have powers , its clearly written in the bible

Jesus in the bible says that if you believe in him, you should have the powers to surpass his own miracles. I haven't seen your name in the news yet. Who are you working these miracles on?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
Weah96:

Jesus in the bible says that if you believe in him, you should have the powers to surpass his own miracles. I haven't seen your name in the news yet. Who are you working these miracles on?

grin grin grin you should do stand up comedy . Using your logic :

1. I could say all footballers not playing in top clubs have no talent or are not good enough
2. I could say businessmen who aint millionaires yet are not successful etc
(sorry If you find my humour offensive )

Having powers does not mean its all miracles . It could be

1.overcoming temptation
2.destroying the powers of the enemy
3.able to bring sinners to Christ
4.being overly protected etc

Weah96 , study your bible ... honestly I should be explaining these things to an anxious kid not a grown up ... or are you a shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 10:46pm On Apr 05, 2015
Weah96:

I don't think Jesus would keep talking, and talking, and talking, and talking. He would have appeared here by now. I'm surprised that you can't teleport yourself across space, because you were empowered to do so according to John 14:12.

teleport myself? for what?.....keep masturbatingg lipsrsealed
Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Weah96: 11:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin you should do stand up comedy . Using your logic :

1. I could say all footballers not playing in top clubs have no talent or are not good enough
2. I could say businessmen who aint millionaires yet are not successful etc
(sorry If you find my humour offensive )

Having powers does not mean its all miracles . It could be

1.overcoming temptation
2.destroying the powers of the enemy
3.able to bring sinners to Christ
4.being overly protected etc

Weah96 , study your bible ... honestly I should be explaining these things to an anxious kid not a grown up ... or are you a shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

Jesus defined what he meant by "power," in the book. He says that compared to his own signs and wonders, you will perform even greater ones. That doesn't mean being overly protected, because you're going to die regardless of protection. If you like, rent an Abrams tank and customize it as your living quarters. The Grim Reaper will still come to us all. It means miracles, signs and wonders. There is no better way to bring sinners to Christ than showing them the manifestation of Christ live. That's how Christ did it in the book. He was healing people left, right, and center. Whole cemeteries woke up after he died, hundreds of dead people entered the market.

The bar is set very high, I admit. But that's your wahala. You're the one who believe the thing.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Weah96: 11:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
bingbagbo:

teleport myself? for what?.....keep masturbatingg lipsrsealed

Jesus didn't teleport himself. You were empowered to do GREATER things, including commanding mountains to move. Over 2000 years, not one single mountain has moved, despite generations and generations of faithful Jesus people. Either John 14:12 is telling big lies or you are telling lies about believing. I think it's both.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
Weah96:

Jesus defined what he meant by "power," in the book. He says that compared to his own signs and wonders, you will perform even greater ones. That doesn't mean being overly protected, because you're going to die regardless of protection. If you like, rent an Abrams tank and customize it as your living quarters. The Grim Reaper will still come to us all. It means miracles, signs and wonders. There is no better way to bring sinners to Christ than showing them the manifestation of Christ live. That's how Christ did it in the book. He was healing people left, right, and center. Whole cemeteries woke up after he died, hundreds of dead people entered the market.

The bar is set very high, I admit. But that's your wahala. You're the one who believe the thing.

Its true you know , more of these have been done though not by me . Visit a bible believing church like the Lord's Chosen and witness God in His fullness . That's all I can say to you . You want to experience it personally ... visit the Lord's Chosen with your family or your friends that have problems and see the problems get rolled away
Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Weah96: 11:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Its true you know , more of these have been done though not by me . Visit a bible believing church like the Lord's Chosen and witness God in His fullness . That's all I can say to you . You want to experience it personally ... visit the Lord's Chosen with your family or your friends that have problems and see the problems get rolled away

Heard that before.
Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by timmy2409(m): 5:16am On Apr 06, 2015
The superheroes of our time grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Atheists, Unbelievers, Hypocrites And All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by NEWBIN: 7:27am On Apr 06, 2015
timmy2409:
The superheroes of our time grin grin grin

in the past, some were flogged, crucified, tortured all in the name of the gospel, YET THEY REJOICED.

if you are merely making mockery of a believer today, the believer should simply be glad

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Repent To Those That Insult Men Of God"..read / The Temple Of Baal To Be Erected All Over The World, Starting From Times Square / Why Would A Loving God Send People To Hell fire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.