Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Sterling Needs Liverpool More Than They Need Him - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Sterling Needs Liverpool More Than They Need Him (408 Views)

Official: Manchester City Sign Raheem Sterling For £49m / Stats Show Roberto Firmino Is Actually Better Than Raheem Sterling / Manchester United Complete Triple Transfer Swoop Of Sterling, Nicolas, Dani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sterling Needs Liverpool More Than They Need Him by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:10am On Apr 05, 2015
[b]Brendan Rodgers insisted Liverpool is the best place for Raheem Sterling. Rodgers explained Liverpool's intent to keep hold of the youngster.

Sterling publicly declared that he rejected a new contract offer from Liverpool but he insisted his decision has nothing to do with a desire to earn more money.

Sterling declared that links to Arsenal flattered him but Rodgers insisted Sterling has all he needs at Liverpool to become a great player.

"I brought Raheem in from the youth team and the reserves so I know the kid well. I know a big part of this is actually nothing to do with him," said the Liverpool manager.

"This is a kid that's really focused on his football. He works hard every single day and he just wants to play football.

"Liverpool Football Club is the best place for him, there's absolutely no question about that. He's had the opportunity to play, which is key for a young player.

"You look throughout the teams and the clubs, it's the model of Liverpool. The owners have brought in a model where they want to create the world-class talent and Raheem's been brought in at 17 years of age.

"I deemed him worthy to come in and be a regular and over the last two and a half years he's proven that. He's played in a number of different positions, which has improved his game.

"He's become more tactically aware and technically improved. At 20 years of age - and just turned 20 in December - there's still a long way for him to go and he's got a lot of potential, and that potential I believe he can develop over the coming years at Liverpool.

"But obviously that'll be the job of his advisors to look at maybe what possibilities might be beyond that.

"The only thing I'll say is that he's got two and a half years left [on his contract], he won't be going anywhere in the summer, that's for sure.

"He'll sit down with the club and his representatives and we'll hopefully find a solution in the summer."

Sterling might leave if Liverpool fails to qualify for the UEFA Champions League and Liverpool's defeats to Manchester United and Arsenal, cast a severe doubt of Liverpool qualifying for the Champions League.

Leaving Liverpool will be an unwise decision for Sterling who has developed to a top player. Sterling's advisors should know Liverpool is the best place for Sterling's career.

Other clubs might offer Sterling more money than Liverpool but they can not guarantee Sterling a chance to play regularly. Sterling's development was due to him playing regularly for Liverpool and he needs to play regularly to become a great player.

Reports indicates Arsenal wants Sterling but he can not start ahead of Sanchez and Olivier Giroud who have cemented their place in Arsenal's starting eleven. He will have to battle with Welbeck and Walcott to play on the right.

At Chelsea, youngsters like Lukaku, Marin, De Bruyne, Mata, Sturridge found playing regularly at Chelsea difficult.

At Manchester City, you have Aguero, Dzeko, Bony, Silva, Navas and Nasri. Breaking in would be difficult for Sterling.

Liverpool is the best place for Sterling and working under Brendan Rodgers, a coach who knows him, will help him develop into a great player.

http://footymail..com/2015/04/sterling-needs-liverpool-more-than-they.html[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Reactions On Messi Masterclass / Man United Consider Huge Spurs Move / EPL : AFC Bournemouth Vs Liverpool On Dec 4 , 2016 At 2:30pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.