Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

She Wants A Refund! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / She Wants A Refund! (1373 Views)

She Wants To Quit Her Job / CBN Orders Banks To Refund Withdrawal Charges In 30 States / Paypal Refund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Wants A Refund! by taebode: 11:30am On Apr 05, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,
I do souvenir and an old schoolmate contracted me to make some for her on behalf of her client.I usually ask for 7 days but because of the old school ties I take up the job,terms were to finish and deliver in surulere Lagos on Thursday.
Along the line she calls to tell me I'll need to send the souvenirs via bus to onitsha when they are ready because the recipient in surulere has already left for onitsha (apparently she's also in onitsha), she instructs that I should send from Jibowu and that I shouldn't pay more than N1,000.
I finished the souvenirs on Thursday and proceeded to Jibowu to send. She'll take delivery in Onistsha.The driver loading for Port-Harcourt,onitsha etal...demands for N2,000 which I obliged,just wanted to send the souvenirs so that it will get to Onitsha in due time.
I pay ,got the driver's details and number,gave him the recipients Number and I head home relieved.
On Friday, by 10 am I call the driver and he says he is at Agbor. She calls about that time and he tells her the same thing. After that time, The driver goes incommunicado.
Around evening of Friday,The driver picks again pleading that I should bear with him that his car was impounded by some authorities and that he'll soon get to onitsha. And that when he's there, he'll call the recipient.
The driver didn't pick my call till about noon time on saturday. He told me he called the recipient late on Friday night to tell her the souvenirs were at Chisco Park in Onitsha.
I called the recipient to tell her and she told me the driver didn't call her and that the souvenirs where already late, and that she wants a refund.
As I type this,the souvenirs are in Onitsha,the driver whenever he picks his call still insists he called her on friday,she still insists he didn't. she's on my neck for a refund. She's gone to my facebook pack to write stuff that's not palatable. She screams and curses when she calls and I hear he husband cursing too.
I'm always mute when they call.
Does she deserve a refund?
I took the job based on the impression that the job will be delivered to surulere lagos on Thursday.
Please Nairalanders, I need your opinion on this.
Re: She Wants A Refund! by 42n8dzydoo(m): 11:33am On Apr 05, 2015
None of your fault.
Re: She Wants A Refund! by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 05, 2015
Both of you should meet at the middle line since the fault is not from you and not certainly from her. Pay back half.
Re: She Wants A Refund! by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
It ain't your fault in any way.

Sorry to say this but she can as well go to hell if she doesn't want to be civil about it.
Re: She Wants A Refund! by skentelelady(f): 12:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
Just appeal to her.

May be she wanted to give them out at a ceremony dat Saturday

Appeal to her that she should give them to d people involved and they can always give them out to people that come to greet them after

But don't refund and make her understand how much you invested in d business both time and cash

All d best
Re: She Wants A Refund! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
This is why I take friendship out of business,

When it is time for negotiations, they're sweet-mouthed, but once there's a little challenge, you'll get insults.

You have suffered enough loss, if you had chosen a cargo service of choice, and this happened, it would have been on you, but you followed her direct orders, its on her.

Secondly, its not your fault that the other person who was supposed to take the goods to Onitsha left before time.

allow her bitçh about on Facebook, but all you need to do is compose a satisfactory and convincing response, so anyone that reads her epistle will also read your response...

Some people really do think they are doing others a favor by patronizing them, I'm glad I turn down clients as soon as I sniff the slightest discomfort.
Re: She Wants A Refund! by bbeckky: 1:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
One of the reasons why I don't like sending stuffs to people thru des kinda drivers. @Op, i'll advise u refund her for peace sake nd also 2 protect d reputation u av built 4 ur work. Take it dat d money was stolen or given 2 d needy. God bless ur work more.

1 Like

Re: She Wants A Refund! by kennyman20(m): 3:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
op, dont refund her and give her the bashing of her life. Your initial agreement was for you to deliver it to surulere, lagos.

If she had pesuaded the person you're to deliver it to at surulere to wait for you and take it along. That wouldnt have happened.

So, she's got no point.

It wasnt your fault. Go back to your facebook page now and give her the bashing of her life based on that fact.
Re: She Wants A Refund! by dav8id(m): 4:12pm On Apr 05, 2015
She deserve non refund but if you feel like and in the position to do so why not.
Re: She Wants A Refund! by bbeckky: 4:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
kennyman20:
op, dont refund her and give her the bashing of her life. Your initial agreement was for you to deliver it to surulere, lagos.

If she had pesuaded the person you're to deliver it to at surulere to wait for you and take it along. That wouldnt have happened.

So, she's got no point.

It wasnt your fault. Go back to your facebook page now and give her the bashing of her life based on that fact.
Yea u r right, but putting in2 consideration d length d lady in question might go 2 damage his reputation dn it is better to refund her nd let peace reign. He will just need to refer 2 dir initial plan by replying the post she created on d social ntwrk and also let d readers knw he has refunded her for national peace. My opinion tho.
Re: She Wants A Refund! by skentelelady(f): 4:32pm On Apr 05, 2015
bbeckky:
Yea u r right, but putting in2 consideration d length d lady in question might go 2 damage his reputation dn it is better to refund her nd let peace reign. He will just need to refer 2 dir initial plan by replying the post she created on d social ntwrk and also let d readers knw he has refunded her for national peace. My opinion tho.

Becky I understand ur point but sister forget sentiment, this strictly business

The poster cant lose as well. The deed is done but the lady can still make use of that order.

So who gets d souvenirs if he refunds money since he doesn't need it
Op please beg her to take it and give it to d people she made them for

Go to fb and appeal to her as well. Let people know what happened
Re: She Wants A Refund! by TopHand: 4:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
You are very unfortunate to have met this woman, she took advantage of yur good nature, and is selfishly trying to exploit u, talk to the driver and see if u can get proof from his phone that he called her on that friday night, if proof exist give her some of her own medicine threaten to take her to court and make sure she apologies in captial letters on all the social media sites she has bad mouth u on, if there is no proof make her come to lagos to collect her money, dont pay the money into any account becos such a person can not be trusted, try and reorganise yur business, make use of technologies like fax, get yur clients to sign agreements and state yur conditions in yur agreements, wish u the best
Re: She Wants A Refund! by kolokolobi(m): 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
Get a constant narrative of the deal and paste it on every platform she is using to bash you. Is a refund worth your reputation which in business is invaluable. Get your side of the story out there but consider a refund. You business reputation and goodwill can be easily eroded but get your own side of the story out there.
Re: She Wants A Refund! by bbeckky: 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
skentelelady:

Becky I understand ur point but sister forget sentiment, this strictly business

The poster cant lose as well. The deed is done but the lady can still make use of that order.

So who gets d souvenirs if he refunds money since he doesn't need it
Op please beg her to take it and give it to d people she made them for

Go to fb and appeal to her as well. Let people know what happened
kk then, but remember according 2 d Op, d souvenirs are neither wt d lady nor d guy. The driver still av dem unless well if d driver had delivered dem 2 d lady
Re: She Wants A Refund! by skentelelady(f): 6:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
bbeckky:
kk then, but remember according 2 d Op, d souvenirs are neither wt d lady nor d guy. The driver still av dem unless well if d driver had delivered dem 2 d lady
I don't think the arrangement was to deliver to her. She was meant to go tho park for it which sher has refused to do.

If it were me as a business person, I won't refund never

We can always sort it out. I know how to deal with such customer trust me and we won't even lose the friendship sef undecided
Re: She Wants A Refund! by bbeckky: 7:46pm On Apr 05, 2015
skentelelady:

I don't think the arrangement was to deliver to her. She was meant to go tho park for it which sher has refused to do.

If it were me as a business person, I won't refund never

We can always sort it out. I know how to deal with such customer trust me and we won't even lose the friendship sef undecided
kk then
Re: She Wants A Refund! by mcdokwe(m): 7:47am On Apr 06, 2015
taebode:
Hello Nairalanders,
I do souvenir and an old schoolmate contracted me to make some for her on behalf of her client.I usually ask for 7 days but because of the old school ties I take up the job,terms were to finish and deliver in surulere Lagos on Thursday.
Along the line she calls to tell me I'll need to send the souvenirs via bus to onitsha when they are ready because the recipient in surulere has already left for onitsha (apparently she's also in onitsha), she instructs that I should send from Jibowu and that I shouldn't pay more than N1,000.
I finished the souvenirs on Thursday and proceeded to Jibowu to send. She'll take delivery in Onistsha.The driver loading for Port-Harcourt,onitsha etal...demands for N2,000 which I obliged,just wanted to send the souvenirs so that it will get to Onitsha in due time.
I pay ,got the driver's details and number,gave him the recipients Number and I head home relieved.
On Friday, by 10 am I call the driver and he says he is at Agbor. She calls about that time and he tells her the same thing. After that time, The driver goes incommunicado.
Around evening of Friday,The driver picks again pleading that I should bear with him that his car was impounded by some authorities and that he'll soon get to onitsha. And that when he's there, he'll call the recipient.
The driver didn't pick my call till about noon time on saturday. He told me he called the recipient late on Friday night to tell her the souvenirs were at Chisco Park in Onitsha.
I called the recipient to tell her and she told me the driver didn't call her and that the souvenirs where already late, and that she wants a refund.
As I type this,the souvenirs are in Onitsha,the driver whenever he picks his call still insists he called her on friday,she still insists he didn't. she's on my neck for a refund. She's gone to my facebook pack to write stuff that's not palatable. She screams and curses when she calls and I hear he husband cursing too.
I'm always mute when they call.
Does she deserve a refund?
I took the job based on the impression that the job will be delivered to surulere lagos on Thursday.
Please Nairalanders, I need your opinion on this.
that's why I said that whoever said the customers are always right was never in my line of business. Let her curse all she can she doesn't deserve a refund, but if you want to set your conscience right and you can afford it, refund her and cut your losses. somedays are like that.

(1) (Reply)

I Saw This 'two Cow Economy', Very Interesting And Decided To Share / Pork For Sale, Delivery Anywhere In Lagos. / I Need Help Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.