Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

What Is The Difference Between Linux Ubuntu And Linux Kali? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is The Difference Between Linux Ubuntu And Linux Kali? (3027 Views)

Installing Wordpress On Linux (ubuntu) / I Want To Try Out Linux Ubuntu Buh I Need Help Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Linux Ubuntu And Linux Kali? by Vicorolex1(m): 3:15pm On Apr 05, 2015
hello guys,
I'm an upcoming programmer. I presently wish to delve into d Linux world and explore it. I have both the Ubuntu and Kali version. can u Pls give a detailed explanation of the similarities and difference btw these two? thanks.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Linux Ubuntu And Linux Kali? by chim14(m): 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ubuntu is a great place to start my dear. For nw, forget d differences.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Linux Ubuntu And Linux Kali? by jacob05(m): 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ubuntu and Kali are both Linux "distros"..(more like differently maintained and managed Linux based OS).... Ubuntu is more suited for personal uses while Kali is best for (Ethical) Hackers, vulnerability testers and "nerds" because of the tools they both come bundled with.. (Although you can install same set of "Hacking" tools on Ubuntu)...

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Linux Ubuntu And Linux Kali? by Fulaman198(m): 6:15pm On Apr 05, 2015
jacob05:
Ubuntu and Kali are both Linux "distros"..(more like differently maintained and managed Linux based OS).... Ubuntu is more suited for personal uses while Kali is best for (Ethical) Hackers, vulnerability testers and "nerds" because of the tools they both come bundled with.. (Although you can install same set of "Hacking" tools on Ubuntu)...

Good accurate description here
Re: What Is The Difference Between Linux Ubuntu And Linux Kali? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
jacob05:

I love this niggur
Re: What Is The Difference Between Linux Ubuntu And Linux Kali? by toshodei: 9:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vicorolex1:
hello guys,
I'm an upcoming programmer. I presently wish to delve into d Linux world and explore it. I have both the Ubuntu and Kali version. can u Pls give a detailed explanation of the similarities and difference btw these two? thanks.

This might help you out fam ~> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Linux_distributions

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Linux Ubuntu And Linux Kali? by tohero(m): 3:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ubuntu is rich in Graphical User Interface compared to the others
Re: What Is The Difference Between Linux Ubuntu And Linux Kali? by AAinEqGuinea: 5:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
* ol Debby (debian) solves all my sh needs and completes me.

Sorry op, sounds like one of many inferior distros

(1) (Reply)

Help With Python / Introducing SIIT Advanced Diploma Program / My Journey Into AI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.