Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

DIY: Replacing Worn Rear Break Pads On 1998 V6 Camry - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / DIY: Replacing Worn Rear Break Pads On 1998 V6 Camry (767 Views)

Replacing Your Worn Out Tyres / DIY: Replacing Front And Rear Stabiliser Bar Bushing / DIY: Replacing Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1 On A V6 1998 Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DIY: Replacing Worn Rear Break Pads On 1998 V6 Camry by uwemjack(m): 8:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
I am back again.

So I discovered that my rear break pads were worn as the wear indicator started squealing.
I got the rear break pads at a parts store for around 2k, mind you no be the original one I buy oh as toyota dealer for lekki talk say na 30k! The last one I bought served for over eight months so this one should also last same.
Re: DIY: Replacing Worn Rear Break Pads On 1998 V6 Camry by uwemjack(m): 6:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
1. Loosen the lug nuts on the wheel

2. Jack up the car and support on jack stands

3. Remove the wheel nuts and tire

4. cool Use the tire as your workshop chair while its off the car grin grin

Re: DIY: Replacing Worn Rear Break Pads On 1998 V6 Camry by uwemjack(m): 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
Please if your car is auto put the gear in park, if manual put the gear in 1. And don't forget to "shock" cool the alternating tire
Re: DIY: Replacing Worn Rear Break Pads On 1998 V6 Camry by uwemjack(m): 7:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
5. Loose that bolt on the lower part of the caliper using a 12mm spanner, so as to access the pads

Re: DIY: Replacing Worn Rear Break Pads On 1998 V6 Camry by sultaan(m): 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
You know the main problem with soy on older cars is that you keep finding things that need to be replaced.

I was thinking of starting a OEM parts business but the ridiculous tariff increase by GEJ meant I had to hold on till they make up their mind how far they want the country to fall before they change their mind. As a small start up I cannot ship a small quantity of parts then pay ridiculous tariff to compete with the fake stuff on the market. If I pay N2k for the cheapest Toyota pad in the market shipping and tariff will easily push price to N5k hopefully the country will return to what we remembered it to be no more presidential task force in the ports

1 Like

Re: DIY: Replacing Worn Rear Break Pads On 1998 V6 Camry by uwemjack(m): 2:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
sultaan:
You know the main problem with soy on older cars is that you keep finding things that need to be replaced.

Whether on new or old cars, your break parts wear off as they are designed to wear off, and you Must change them if you value your life angry

Having said that tongue, as a car gets older its parts also gets older and performance will reduce, to take it close to its new state you perform regular maintenance which in most case involves replacement.
So if you don't want to replace any part of your new car, sell it after 3 years cool

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla Le 2009/2010 / I Can Steal Any Brand Of Vehicle- Car Robbery Suspect / Smoky Lexus RX 300, '99 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.