Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Is Madagascar Really Part Of Africa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Madagascar Really Part Of Africa? (7011 Views)

Which County Can I Travel To With #150,000... Out Of Africa Oo / Any Nigerian In Madagascar? How Do You Survive / What Would Have Been Your Name If You Were A Citizen Or Visiting Madagascar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Madagascar Really Part Of Africa? by Youngsage: 3:26pm On Apr 06, 2015
Looking at the Map of Africa,

Why isn't Madagascar classified as a continent?

It is regarded as a part of Africa...

It doesn't share any border whatsoever with Africa, It is simply on its own. (Pics below)

Looking at Australia as as a similar case study, having no borders with the closest continent to it, i.e Asia, Hence it is also detached and on its own likewise Madagascar, yet is regarded as a Continent, and not an island.

Pic below- Madagascar highlighted in red.

1 Share

Re: Is Madagascar Really Part Of Africa? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
tz too small to be a continent

1 Like

Re: Is Madagascar Really Part Of Africa? by Waspy(m): 3:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
I think Continent has to have more than two countries. If not a lot of small isles would claim continent.
Re: Is Madagascar Really Part Of Africa? by Atk1nson(m): 4:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
i believe it's mainly due to size and the huge cultural diff that exists between australia and d closest landmass (asia)y
Re: Is Madagascar Really Part Of Africa? by Youngsage: 5:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
Waspy:
I think Continent has to have more than two countries. If not a lot of small isles would claim continent.
Australia is a country, likewise a continent. smiley
Re: Is Madagascar Really Part Of Africa? by Youngsage: 5:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
Atk1nson:
i believe it's mainly due to size and the huge cultural diff that exists between australia and d closest landmass (asia)y
Hmmm... Nice.. cheesy

More comments pls...
Re: Is Madagascar Really Part Of Africa? by Ayobami93(m): 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
Madagascar is part of Africa. It's in the south-eastern region. And by the way, Madagascar is not the only island nation in Africa. We also have Seychelles and Mauritius as well as Cape Verde Islands which is situated off the coast of West Africa.
Re: Is Madagascar Really Part Of Africa? by Moana(f): 1:29am On Apr 09, 2015
No it is really part of Asia

1 Like

Re: Is Madagascar Really Part Of Africa? by SkinnyDude(m): 9:45am On Apr 09, 2015
it's like asking whether sri lanka is part of Asia.
madagascar is an island. and islands dont share border with any country. look at japan, philippines, new zealand, cape verde, hawaii, iceland, malta, indonesia, and most countries in carribean.

2 Likes

Re: Is Madagascar Really Part Of Africa? by tpiadotcom: 6:58am On Apr 13, 2015
culturally, it probably is more of asia or austronesia.

not sure though.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2month Tourist Visa To Spain, How Do I Extend / How Is Life Of A Nigerian As An Immigrant To Tunisia / I Need Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.