Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,098 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

IMHO As Regards Oba Akiolu R.'s Bigotry Statement - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / IMHO As Regards Oba Akiolu R.'s Bigotry Statement (996 Views)

Oba Rilwan Akiolu's Palace On Fire / "Oba Akiolu Didn't Snub Ooni Of Ife" - White Cap Chief / Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IMHO As Regards Oba Akiolu R.'s Bigotry Statement by beejayphako(m): 6:02am On Apr 07, 2015
* You dont really have to crucify me cos am just talking from my own point of view*
As for me, I condemn the way alayeluwa HRM Oba of lagos went about to make his point. Mind you, all he wanted to do was to make a point, a vital one which is 'Lagos is a yorubaland'. Take a look at it, why is it that the oba didnt attack the hausa's like that, the southerners and the likes? Why igbo?? I think its simple, the igbo's are greedy. They want to take over the affairs of lagos. They already started laying claims to the seat of the deputy gov. Sooner than later, they will start fighting to govern lagos after they might have gotten the deputy governor post. Are they the only tribe in lagos? Seriously, I dont think u can try that in their land. And, its not suppose to be to be candid. I think the Oba felt the Igbo's are the only obstinate tribe in lagos that dont think like he does and there is this yoruba adage 'Onilu oni fe kilu e tu' meaning The owner / ruler of a town will not want its peace to be disrupted.. And the Oba really wants the progress of its people by trying to see his state not being controlled by the opposition knowing quite well it will be of a greater advantage to His people and I think he reasoned well. Onlike the igbo's who obviously lost their chance of having a senate president in this administration, due to obstinacy, under the tutelage of their oba's. The Oba knew quite well Igbo's are stubborn so, he thought that would actually make His stance which I think he needn't to have made a death threat but Oba ba lori oun gbogbo. We respect our kings. In a nutshell, Igbo's shouls always respect their hosts like the other tribes. Igbo's are lovely people esp their gals and women cheesy , and they re very industrious and funny. But, Agidi yi naani sad
Re: IMHO As Regards Oba Akiolu R.'s Bigotry Statement by Jetjacky(m): 6:09am On Apr 07, 2015
hmmmm..... reserve my comment.
Re: IMHO As Regards Oba Akiolu R.'s Bigotry Statement by Arsenella007(f): 6:31am On Apr 07, 2015
beejayphako:
* You dont really have to crucify me cos am just talking from my own point of view*
As for me, I condemn the way alayeluwa HRM Oba of lagos went about to make his point. Mind you, all he wanted to do was to make a point, a vital one which is 'Lagos is a yorubaland'. Take a look at it, why is it that the oba didnt attack the hausa's like that, the southerners and the likes? Why igbo?? I think its simple, the igbo's are greedy. They want to take over the affairs of lagos. They already started laying claims to the seat of the deputy gov. Sooner than later, they will start fighting to govern lagos after they might have gotten the deputy governor post. Are they the only tribe in lagos? Seriously, I dont think u can try that in their land. And, its not suppose to be to be candid. I think the Oba felt the Igbo's are the only obstinate tribe in lagos that dont think like he does and there is this yoruba adage 'Onilu oni fe kilu e tu' meaning The owner / ruler of a town will not want its peace to be disrupted.. And the Oba really wants the progress of its people by trying to see his state not being controlled by the opposition knowing quite well it will be of a greater advantage to His people and I think he reasoned well. Onlike the igbo's who obviously lost their chance of having a senate president in this administration, due to obstinacy, under the tutelage of their oba's. The Oba knew quite well Igbo's are stubborn so, he thought that would actually make His stance which I think he needn't to have made a death threat but Oba ba lori oun gbogbo. We respect our kings. In a nutshell, Igbo's shouls always respect their hosts like the other tribes. Igbo's are lovely people esp their gals and women cheesy , and they re very industrious and funny. But, Agidi yi naani sad

This whole nonsense have gone too far. Can you provide a source proving the Igbos laying claim to the seat of the Deputy Governor? I don't see why you guys should feel threatened to the point of making unguarded comments and opening countless threads to make derogatory statements. They Igbos ate greedy because the won some federal seats? What stops a yoruba man from doing that in an Igbo soil if the have the population to tilt the votes to their favour. And i thought we are one Nigeria. It's a shame

1 Like

Re: IMHO As Regards Oba Akiolu R.'s Bigotry Statement by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 07, 2015
Mods, can we have this thread moved to the appropriate section? Thank you.
Re: IMHO As Regards Oba Akiolu R.'s Bigotry Statement by beejayphako(m): 8:49am On Apr 07, 2015
Arsenella007:

This whole nonsense have gone too far. Can you provide a source proving the Igbos laying claim to the seat of the Deputy Governor? I don't see why you guys should feel threatened to the point of making unguarded comments and opening countless threads to make derogatory statements. They Igbos ate greedy because the won some federal seats? What stops a yoruba man from doing that in an Igbo soil if the have the population to tilt the votes to their favour. And i thought we are one Nigeria. It's a shame

Honestly, the igbo's laid claim to the post of the Deputy governor.. They seriously hoped and fought for it during various party primary elections... here is a link to buttress my point.. http://www.punchng.com/politics/2015-igbo-in-lagos-insist-on-deputy-governorship/

(1) (Reply)

The Ancient Splendor Called Potiskum / Wives, Don't Call Your Husbands "Daddy". / The Namibian Tribe Where Sex Is Offered To Guests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.