Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction (6924 Views)

Buy Any Of Our Memory Card And Get Additional Promo{ Free Usb Card Reader} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction by bongolistik(m): 9:34am On Apr 07, 2015
You can use both Verve Cards and MasterCard on any Quickteller platform to carry out your transaction, but there are two major differences in making use of the both types of card which are;

1. In making use of a Verve card on Quickteller transactions, you need a one-time activation of the card for your subsequent online transactions via Quickteller, but with a MasterCard you can just go straight ahead and use it on Quickteller platforms without any activation.

2. During the verve activation process, you are charged N101 once and thereafter any transaction you make will no longer attract additional transaction fees whereas with MasterCard, you are charged N100 in almost every transactions you make

Source: http://highteknology..com/2015/04/what-is-difference-in-using.html
Re: Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction by kolomax(m): 10:15am On Apr 07, 2015
Nice one
Re: Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction by Mikocake(m): 11:17am On Apr 07, 2015
noted..will collect my master card next week.
Re: Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 07, 2015
That's a load of steaming crap
Re: Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction by bongolistik(m): 1:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
wallflower:
That's a load of steaming crap
I knw ur type
Re: Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
bongolistik:
I knw ur type
I use quickteller everyday with both my debit cards Union bank (Verve) and Ecobank (MasterCard), there's a N100 convenience fee for interbank transactions on both cards, but overall Verve has better integration with quickteller than MasterCard.
Re: Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction by bongolistik(m): 8:50am On Apr 08, 2015
wallflower:

I use quickteller everyday with both my debit cards Union bank (Verve) and Ecobank (MasterCard), there's a N100 convenience fee for interbank transactions on both cards, but overall Verve has better integration with quickteller than MasterCard.
You use it where?
Re: Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 08, 2015
bongolistik:
You use it where?

At the ATM and on the app, same thing
Re: Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction by bongolistik(m): 10:55am On Apr 08, 2015
wallflower:

At the ATM and on the app, same thing
Next time you should read well, I said online, meaning QuickTeller web base service
Re: Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
bongolistik:
Next time you should read well, I said online, meaning QuickTeller web base service

I use the website too, just admit your info was wrong.
Re: Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction by hob(m): 2:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
i use quickteller online and i have used verve card prior to me using mastercard now. i wud say both card transactions are more of the same. mastercard attracts OTP also. so no difference 4me
Re: Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction by bongolistik(m): 2:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
wallflower:

I use the website too, just admit your info was wrong.
i dont say what I dnt knw, nd am nt guesing here nor saying wht smbody else said. If u ar using a verve card via quick teller online, quick teller will ask u to activate ur card 1st in d bank or via ATM, nd u wil be charged once. Dieafta, dey will nt charge u again.. I make use of quickteller online evry week in booking airline ticket nd funding of a betting acct nd no extra charge wenever i use the verve card dat has already being activated, bt weneva I use MasterCard, it attracts a transaction charge of N100, so I dnt knw wht u ar talking again. I am giving u a 1st hand experience. If u ar buying airtim for instance, u ar not charged on both cards. if u want to activate ur verve once on ATM, u can follow the procedure here
www.highteknology..com/2014/09/how-to-easily-activate-your-atm-card.html

1 Like

Re: Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction by sirrinky: 12:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
Bros cool your pride Abeg. I use both cards, Ecobank verve and Firstbank MasterCard. When I'm running transactions online with my MasterCard even on quickteller site itself they still send OTP I activated my mMasterCard before I was able to use it for transactions. I can't remember If I did same for the verve but then in making interbank transfers that 100naira fee you'll still pay ehn. So don't go about acting like a maestro over what you don't know just accept your error before the next poster hits you again.
Re: Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction by bongolistik(m): 12:32pm On Apr 09, 2015
sirrinky:
Bros cool your pride Abeg. I use both cards, Ecobank verve and Firstbank MasterCard. When I'm running transactions online with my MasterCard even on quickteller site itself they still send OTP I activated my mMasterCard before I was able to use it for transactions. I can't remember If I did same for the verve but then in making interbank transfers that 100naira fee you'll still pay ehn. So don't go about acting like a maestro over what you don't know just accept your error before the next poster hits you again.
lol.. listen to your self very well "you can't even remember whether you did same for the verve" and you are defending what you are not even sure of. and who is talking of OTP here? Use the both cards to pay for something via online Quickteller and see for yourself before making you comments. Nobody is feeling like Maestro here bro, jst passing info that I know across
Re: Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction by polariss(m): 3:22pm On Aug 19, 2017
bongolistik:
i dont say what I dnt knw, nd am nt guesing here nor saying wht smbody else said. If u ar using a verve card via quick teller online, quick teller will ask u to activate ur card 1st in d bank or via ATM, nd u wil be charged once. Dieafta, dey will nt charge u again.. I make use of quickteller online evry week in booking airline ticket nd funding of a betting acct nd no extra charge wenever i use the verve card dat has already being activated, bt weneva I use MasterCard, it attracts a transaction charge of N100, so I dnt knw wht u ar talking again. I am giving u a 1st hand experience. If u ar buying airtim for instance, u ar not charged on both cards. if u want to activate ur verve once on ATM, u can follow the procedure here
www.highteknology..com/2014/09/how-to-easily-activate-your-atm-card.html
bro please I have use a verve card and you know the Security is usually the last 3 number of the 7 digit.I been trying to carry out a transaction online, after insertion the OTP I get "Security not recognized" or something.

(1) (Reply)

Most Twitter Users In Africa. Nigeria Is First! / Spam Mails Every Day In Yahoo Mail! / SOLD..DELL Latitude Laptops For Sale. Price discounted!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.