Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

"Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary (53719 Views)

List Of New Words Added To The English Dictionary In 2016 / 5 Words Nigerians Use That Doesn't Actually Exist In The Dictionary / "Jega" Is Also Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by coolluk(m): 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
Folksyharry:
ORUBEBE

To rudely interrupt an important meeting
throwing tantrums like a little kid which
may attract scoldings from a mature, wiser
adult
e.g
The groom's ex Orubebed his wedding

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=orubebe

Bros u still dey 2go?
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
"If you dare ORUBEBE me, I will JEGA you" wink grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by Folksyharry(m): 7:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
coolluk:

Bros u still dey 2go?

Na u b d 2nd person wey don ask me dis question but I nor know if ona dey ask based on d topic or my username.
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by PTNL: 7:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Wetin cause all these "orubebes" (hindrance) on the road now?

Let's avoid all these orubebes on this thread and concentrate on our politics.
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by Jamesland(m): 8:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
The devil tried to orubeded the sermon but Holy Spirit jegaed the situation.

1 Like

Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by ajazee: 9:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Folksyharry:
ORUBEBE

adult
e.g

D

Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by Happytina(f): 10:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
Lol
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by Deamonyaweh(m): 12:06am On Apr 08, 2015
Folksyharry:
ORUBEBE

adult
e.g

orubebe said the truth.. the election was an elite few decision
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by Thevenine(m): 12:47am On Apr 08, 2015
Folksyharry:

Na u b d 2nd person wey don ask me dis question but I nor know if ona dey ask based on d topic or my username.

Haha..lol really? Based on everything and also the tiny 2go icon on your status bar tongue tongue
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by misshoree(f): 5:26am On Apr 08, 2015
Nigerians will never seize to exhibit their behaviors
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by hmuhammad(m): 5:46am On Apr 08, 2015
New word: JEGA

Meaning: To be inexplicably chilled in the midst of stupidity or conflict

Usage: Olopa slapped me, but I just Jegaed
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 08, 2015
grin I just wanna post an orubebelistic comment
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by bezimo(m): 8:04am On Apr 08, 2015
Then to To Jegarize means to stand you ground in the face of intimidating opposition and pressure while refusing to compromise.
Lol!!!!
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by Simplymeah: 8:06am On Apr 08, 2015
Frankmishael:
Dear President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan! Starting from March 28,I, other reasonable Nigerians and international observers had feared that this election would mar Nigeria.Reasons included the fact that no African sitting president has ever lost election, the threat from your kinsmen in Niger Delta, and the prediction that Nigeria would disintegrate in 2015.However, you have proved every doubtingThomas wrong. You have kept one of your numerous promises:You’ve given Nigerians a free and fair election at the expense of your ambition and expectations of your supporters.Dear Goodluck:i. Unlike Charles Taylor, you believe your country (Nigeria) is greater than you, so you have admitted defeat without war.ii. Unlike Gbagbo, you have conceded andyou are ready to inaugurate a new government headed by your opponent.iii. Unlike Robert Mugabe, you haven’t manipulated election to keep you in office.iv. Unlike Mahmud Ghadaffi, you believe the people have the right to choose their leader.v. Unlike Hosni Mubarak, you’ve refuse to use the security forces against your people.vi. Unlike Babangida, you are not ready to set up interim government because you’ve lost peoples’ confidence and acceptance.vii. Unlike Abacha, you don’t consider AsoRock your father’s house, so you are not going to die for it.viii. Unlike Obasanjo, you’ve appointed a free and unbiased umpire as the chairman of INEC (Jega against Iwu).ix. Unlike Aregbesola, you’ve never believed in violent polls, so you haven’t asked your supporters to go to polling booths with charms and ammunition.x. Unlike Shagari, you would never hand over to a military president, so you’ve conducted a transparent election.xi. Unlike Obasanjo, you don’t believe election is a “do or die” affair, rather, you believe that “one’s ambition worth the blood of nobody”.xii. Unlike many Nigeria’s politicians, you’ve openly accepted defeat and don’t blame INEC for your loss.xiii. Unlike many African presidents, you’ve become the first sitting African president to conduct election which you’ve lost.I’m more than proud of you.After Nelson Mandela in South Africa, youare the new god of democracy in Africa.Your open acceptance of the results and congratulating of your opponent have opened a new democratic chapter for Nigeria and Africa in whole.I do hereby recommend you for Nobel Laurel Prize for Peace and Leadership, theMo Ibrahim Prize for Leadership and every other available award for a true statesman and true democrat.As you bow out of office come May 29, may you bow into peace, happiness, wealth, good health, prosperity, and long life
Probably u r too ignorant,he is nt d 1st African president (not even d 3rd) 2 b unseated. So...
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by nsiazu: 10:03am On Apr 08, 2015
embarassed My Land lady always tries to Orubebe me because am a Nigeria but its not easy for me to jagaed because am a guy.
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 08, 2015
Simplymeah:

Probably u r too ignorant,he is nt d 1st African president (not even d 3rd) 2 b unseated. So...
now u wake from your slumber? foool pls go back
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by efonat(m): 1:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
NEW WORDS IN THE ENGLISH DICTIONARY
ORUBEBE /oˈrubebe/ (VerB-): abnormal
behaviour or an attempt to disrupt peaceful gathering or well organised event.
[from Latin oˈrube : to disrupt]
Examples:
1. He tried to orubebe the sacred ocassion but the police do not give in.
2. The football match was orubebe by the defeating team yesterday Derivatives:
ORU-BE-BE-ISM (Noun)
ORU-BE-BE-TIC (Adjective) e.g: ~ attitude
JEGA /Jəˈga/ (VerB-): [a] Using godly wisdom to calm the unneeded agitation or ruckus caused by a
dopey fool in a peaceful gathering.
[b] To indirectly show to the public a person who lack manner and attempt causing agitation
[from Latin Jeˈga : Calm distubance wisely]
Examples:
1. If you Orubebe me I will Jega you.
2. When he was making unnecessary argument to the public, I jega him.
Derivatives:
JE-GA-ISM (Noun)
JE-GA-TIC (Adjective) e.g: ~ approach First Edition. Copyright © 2015 by Davog Publishing
Company.
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by asha01: 1:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
omanifrank:
i really nid to interrupt a meeting so that they will add me...

guy na subtract them go subtract u from d company lol
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by html14java(f): 2:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
just like joke, this man has become more popular than i thought
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by muut2: 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
The groom's Ex orubebed his wedding while the officiating pastor maturely, wisely Jegared the situation
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by Orubebed: 8:59pm On Apr 22, 2015
muut2:
The groom's Ex orubebed his wedding while the officiating pastor maturely, wisely Jegared the situation

why my name? U want me to rubebed you?
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by muut2: 7:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
Orubebed:

why my name? U want me to rubebed you?

No abeg u sir, don't but if u chose to go ahead well I will Jega u o ...lol
Re: "Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary by TheRealestGuy(m): 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2017
PreciousBeauty:
Hmm..........Orubebe means juju mouth 4 my dialect o.......... undecided

Happy Birthday dearie....

Many more years to you...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seating Arrangement In Examination Hall In UNIABUJA (Photos) / UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo) / I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.