Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

If Health Is A Fundamental Human Rights Why Is Uae Discriminating???? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / If Health Is A Fundamental Human Rights Why Is Uae Discriminating???? (615 Views)

If Health Insurance Is So Cheap In Nigeria, Why Don't People Buy? / Time For Nigerian Medical Doctors To Enforce Their Fundamental Human Rights / Raw Honey:ur Health Is In Nature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Health Is A Fundamental Human Rights Why Is Uae Discriminating???? by tirenioluwa7(m): 10:47am On Apr 07, 2015
Hello Sir/Ma,

A friend of mine just return from Dubai, he went with employment visa to a company to work. on getting to Dubai he was ask to go for medicals which he did after the medicals they discover that he was HIV positive immediately they discover his status they lock him up in what they call medical detention for 5 days before they deported him back to his country. According to my friend he has been diagnose of the virus since 4 years ago and has been on drugs since that time and nothing happen to him even his wife and son her negative. Just want to know is these kind of law discriminating under the law right or wrong since they said Health is a fundamental human right and cannot be a question of income. My friend almost commit suicide if not for God intervention. PLS advice or his there any international human rights on health issue.
thank you.
Re: If Health Is A Fundamental Human Rights Why Is Uae Discriminating???? by Gmajor(m): 11:31am On Apr 07, 2015
Am not surprised. Arabs he a very queer way of thinking
Re: If Health Is A Fundamental Human Rights Why Is Uae Discriminating???? by dabiggy: 12:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
tirenioluwa7:
Hello Sir/Ma,

A friend of mine just return from Dubai, he went with employment visa to a company to work. on getting to Dubai he was ask to go for medicals which he did after the medicals they discover that he was HIV positive immediately they discover his status they lock him up in what they call medical detention for 5 days before they deported him back to his country. According to my friend he has been diagnose of the virus since 4 years ago and has been on drugs since that time and nothing happen to him even his wife and son her negative. Just want to know is these kind of law discriminating under the law right or wrong since they said Health is a fundamental human right and cannot be a question of income. My friend almost commit suicide if not for God intervention. PLS advice or his there any international human rights on health issue.
thank you.

His agent would have told him on time,in fact it's a law in dubai,i did it with my family before applying for our residency, that was after I returned on a tourist sight visit to dubai. HIV,HEPATITIS,CHEST XRAY,tuberculosis,is must but SYPHILIs could be pardoned and treated .your friend took a heavy risk by knowing his status and still proceeded to waste his money on flight etc. in fact it's an advice for anyone who is planning to go on a three months visa to dubai to look for work or on employment visa to get tested even before applying so that you wouldn't waste your time and money and still get humiliated by the dubai immigration. Africa as a continent already has that embargo and stigma, lets all be very careful. It's different in other western world where sickness isnt a bearer to jobs and making money besides one can live on ARV drugs to survive H.I.V,tell your friend to get some awareness, it would help him to push longer than expected, there are worst ailment than HIV like high blood pressure. I hope this helps?
Re: If Health Is A Fundamental Human Rights Why Is Uae Discriminating???? by tirenioluwa7(m): 12:38pm On May 15, 2015
can someone enter uae back after an eye scan

(1) (Reply)

Why You Remain Fat? / Condoms That Detect STD's, These Condoms Prove It! / How To Secure And Sustain Your Man's Heart Forever.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.