Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,466 members, 7,812,429 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Healthy Way To Gain Weight (question) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Healthy Way To Gain Weight (question) (669 Views)

Are You Skinny & You Wanna Gain Weight? This Article Is For You / Healthy Way To Get Rid Excess Fat Naturally / Healthy Way To Slim Down Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Healthy Way To Gain Weight (question) by blueyedgeek(m): 9:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
Like the title of the thread suggests, I'm here seeking ways in which one can easily gain weight fast without it leading one to an unhealthy lifestyle.

Particularly, I'm very interested in what type of food (readily available in Nigeria) one should or must eat in order to gain weight in a short period of time.

Sensible opinions please (if you are not going to leave a sensible comment, please don't bother commenting).

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Healthy Way To Gain Weight (question) by AAinEqGuinea: 9:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
Regardless you're going to have to watch what you eat, protein-laced foods.

Are you working out too? Hope you're looking for good mass.

I thought about getting more fluffy, but I like aerobic than anaerobic.
Re: Healthy Way To Gain Weight (question) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hmm I'm following this. I need to know as well.
Re: Healthy Way To Gain Weight (question) by Nobody: 5:17am On Apr 08, 2015
If I tell you, you wouldn't follow. Trust me, I've done this more times than I remember and the people involved rather stay complaining than follow instructions.
Re: Healthy Way To Gain Weight (question) by Sam94(f): 7:50am On Apr 08, 2015
In order to gain a healthy weight you can start following these tips:

o Add healthy calories. Without radically changing your diet, you can increase your calorie intake with each meal by adding nut or seed toppings, cheese and healthy side dishes. Try almonds, sunflower seeds, fruit or whole-grain wheat toast.

o Go nutrient dense. Instead of eating a lot of empty calories and junk food, focus on eating foods that are rich in nutrients. Consider high-protein meats, which can help you to build muscle. Also, choose nutritious carbohydrates, such as brown rice and other whole grains. This helps ensure your body is receiving as much nourishment as possible, even if you’re dealing with a reduced appetite.

o Snack away. Enjoy snacks that contain plenty of protein and healthy carbohydrates. Consider options like trail mix, protein bars or drinks, and crackers with hummus or peanut butter. Also enjoy snacks that contain “good fats,” which are important for a healthy heart. Examples include nuts and avocados.

o Eat mini-meals. If you’re struggling with a curbed appetite due to medical or emotional issues, taking in large portions of food may not seem appealing. Consider eating smaller meals throughout the day to increase your calorie intake.

o Bulk up. While too much aerobic exercise will burn calories and ultimately work against your weight goal, strength training– such as weight-lifting or yoga–can help you gain weight by building muscle.

o Before beginning any major weight gain program, be sure to consult your family doctor. Being underweight may indicate an underlying health issue, which won’t be corrected by diet changes. Your physician also will be able to help you track your progress and make sure that healthy changes are taking place.

Hope this sorts out smiley
Re: Healthy Way To Gain Weight (question) by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 9:27am On Apr 08, 2015
I say well done to the poster above me. I could not have put it any better.

(1) (Reply)

GNLD Supplements For Mens Vitality / How Premarital Sex Rewires The Brain. / 5 Health Benefit Of Masturbation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.