Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba (101011 Views)

Nigeria Historical Facts: Who Are The Egbas?? / Culture And Historical Background Of Kabba People Of Kogi State / A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by opey25(m): 5:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dragonking:

No matter what, you can never hide the truth..this is a picture in Ilorin...Doesn't this look like a view you will see in the north? You will never see an image like this in any other Yoruba state except kwara..why? The Fulani's rule you just accept.
what kind of view are u talking about? There are numerous big mosques in the south west
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by blym4real: 5:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
Clefcentfelix:

No jare, I'm far away from home. Won't be able to leave work. U?
Am here to vote out Bukola dynasty not sure if our votes will count.

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 5:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
Crocz:

grin...people need to be enlightened but there are some things you cannot explain well except the person sees it himself. That's why I suggest they should visit the place one day and see for themselves.

Exactly, seeing is believing...

If they are so concerned they should visit there....
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Clefcentfelix(m): 5:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

Nice meeting you bro smiley Kai, you sabi everything finish... grin Okay heard of Irepodun. Jibola is a relative. I visit kwara only once in a year, (December). And its ilorin. Went to Isapa for the 1st time last December and its such a nice place. Will visit kwara often now smiley
U are welcome Sister cheesy

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 5:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dragonking:

You see. grin

You can't answer because you know the truth. oya give me that kissgrin

The truth is am not fulani, and you know that...

You're just looking for trouble embarassed

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by pazienza(m): 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
The loss of Ilorin must be painful to the SW Yorubas, while the Ilorin people themselves, seem not to care, I can relate to the pain of the SW Yorubas, I pray that one day, they will be able to unite the whole of Yoruba speaking people, from Kwara and Kogi, and even the Itsekiris, if they permit.

Nothing is sweeter than for Brothers and sisters to dwell together, I envy monoethnic countries like Germany,Korea and Japan, it must be a great feeling sharing same country with just people from your ethnic language only, you can go to any part of the country and speak your local lect confident that everyone understands you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Dragonking: 5:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
opey25:
what kind of view are u talking about? There are numerous big mosques in the south west

please post a picture of a similar looking mosque like that in either Ogun Oyo, osun or ondo state let's see.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Clefcentfelix(m): 5:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
blym4real:

Am here to vote out Bukola dynasty not sure if our votes will count.
I believe it will, I closely followed presidential election on www.kwaraelection.com and it was to the best of my knowledge fair. So keep the faith bro wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Jarus(m): 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
MrBasketball:
Nice article!

Any Kwara and Ilorin indigenes in house?

Click "Share"

I'm from Kwara South and I'm full Yoruba.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 5:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
blym4real:

Hmm, You don't like coming home or you don't have the chance?

Egosi is fast developing, am sure you won't recognise it again.

No chance ni sad

Yea, mum told me the last time she went there
I'll be there december by his grace.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Dragonking: 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

The truth is am not fulani, and you know that...

You're just looking for trouble embarassed

I give up since you have refused to answer my previous question and also refused to give me the kiss. grin

so I say, kwara doesn't look like Fulani playing ground rather it looks like a place were the sultan of sokoto comes to visit. grin
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by blym4real: 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
Clefcentfelix:
I believe it will, I closely followed presidential election on www.kwaraelection.com and it was to the best of my knowledge fair. So keep the faith bro wink
we kwarans supported buhari but they rigged us out in the senate and house of rep election. Let just hope for the best.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by makosine: 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
yorubas has been nice to non indigene ,so dont let be fools again,lagos be ware and warned
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by phlio(m): 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
historically speaking history of ilorin is so complex and unrealistic to achieve.cos it a lost battle that can never be regain again.am from kwara but ilorin town is a mystery
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Dragonking: 5:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

shocked what's the opposite of truth

That's what you just did undecided

undecided undecided
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Dragonking: 5:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
makosine:
yorubas has been nice to non indigene ,so dont let be fools again,lagos be ware and warned

Go and warn ya Fulani masters first in kwara...mtcheeeww.

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Doluseun(m): 5:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
jazzydee:
[size=20pt]Revisionist historian all lies, the fulani conquered ilorin and led a jihadist movement that conquered the yourba you cant rewrite historical facts that has already been established.[/size]
Fulani never conquered any Yoruba town aside Ilorin

ogbomoso the nearest town to Ilorin from Oyo are predominantly Christians in fact 70% to 30% because they were stopped from furthering their jihad Ay ogbomoso border
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 5:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
Clefcentfelix:

I really pray the vote of the masses count. Lots of people don't want the Saraki god- fatherism again... But with Saraki been proposed for Senate President, it scares me... I hope this Saturday's election wil put smiles on people's face by giving them whom the cap truely fits...
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by oathman(m): 5:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
9cbaby:
ilorin masu jamba

thanks tongue tongue........ where re u from
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Clefcentfelix(m): 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
blym4real:

we kwarans supported buhari but they rigged us out in the senate and house of rep election. Let just hope for the best.
Yeah especially with kwara North, everything is possible there grin
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by eminikansoso(m): 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
rexbuton:
Good post.. Here is the next step..

1. Ask the Fulanis to leave quietly because when Nigeria has entered it's period of turmoil (probably after Buhari dies), Ilorin will be used as a base to launch attacks on the West. And with the Igbos attacking from the Lagoon, no army can fight on two fronts

2. Yorubas should accept the fact that they can never be accepted as true muslims, hence they should all turn to Christ who is the surest and only way to salvation. This way the Fulani will be alienated and leave. Personally I think fulani incursions into the middlebelt should be checked in order not to be caught unawares

3. Arrange a referendum in which people be made to vote for the scrapping of the Emir title. TINUBU can easily swing this.. oh I almost forgot, Tinubu has a religion too... *thinking*

4. Ignore this message and watch Badagry (in Lagos) turned into Baga in a few years

Survive any lagoon in the world... Pro tips..
https://www.nairaland.com/2244029/how-survive-lagoon-must-read
The big fool of the house

5 Likes

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by OperationIgrigi: 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
phlio:
historically speaking history of ilorin is so complex and unrealistic to achieve.cos it a lost battle that can never be regain again.am from kwara but ilorin town is a mystery
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by oathman(m): 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
jony247:

You have no choice. I wish you are proud truly

what did u mean
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Rexyl(m): 5:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
Demmzy15:

http://tribune.com.ng/columns/backpage/diran-apata-s-sunday-message/item/2843-historical-facts-about-ilorin-and-kwara-yoruba/2843-historical-facts-about-ilorin-and-kwara-yoruba

But, now, with the National Conference, all of that will, hopefully, change.

I need to add this note: The question about Ilorin is very likely to become a major bone of contention between the Yoruba and the North at the National Conference

Will the report of national conference be presented for implementation again, when apc pulled out of the conference?
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by blym4real: 5:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

No chance ni sad

Yea, mum told me the last time she went there
I'll be there december by his grace.

Oh that will be great. I bet you will enjoy your stay.

Looking forward to see you in december.

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by oathman(m): 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
phlio:
...lies

Tell ur own story..... moreover where are u from sef
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by phlio(m): 5:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
oathman:

Tell ur own story..... moreover where are u from sef
am from kwara state.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by blym4real: 5:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
Clefcentfelix:

Yeah especially with kwara North, everything is possible there grin
yes bukola has a strong hold on that region.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Clefcentfelix(m): 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

I really pray the vote of the masses count. Lots of people don't want the Saraki god- fatherism again... But with Saraki been proposed for Senate President, it scares me... i hope this Saturday's electionwil put smiles on people's face by giving them whom the cap truely fits...

Of course that's your relative right? wink

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Paretomaster(m): 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
crownprince102:
Yeah.... You are right, Ilorin is a town under Oyo empire. Are Ona Kakanfo Afonja (field marshal Afonja) betrayed the Oyo kingdom. That's why a yoruba land of Ilorin is ruled by Emir and Oba.

a town under OYO from which angle?

cant u read, the article well?

Afonja rebel from OYO, to settle in Ilorin, so how does that make Ilorin a town under OYO?, besides, the Ilorin ppl are not complaining, they will tell u they are 3 in 1, HAUSA, FULANI and YORUBA.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 5:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dragonking:

I give up since you have refused to answer my previous question and also refused to give me the kiss. grin

so I say, kwara doesn't look like Fulani playing ground rather it looks like a place were the sultan of sokoto comes to visit. grin

embarassed embarassed undecided
Ehnnn.. visiting ain't a bad thing after all tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Beautiful Names In Efik/ibibio / Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief / Photos From Wema Bank Old School Day Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.