Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Is Killing In Self-defense A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Killing In Self-defense A Sin? (718 Views)

'I Know It's A Sin, Yet I Fall Into It Everytime' / Apostle Johnson Suleiman: Bible Views On Self Defense / Is Sport Betting A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Killing In Self-defense A Sin? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
I just read on social how some irate Muslim thugs set ablaze a Church in Kano. One of the daughters of the resident pastor was killed as a result of that barbaric attack.

Christians are being slaughtered all over the world for being Christians. That's their crime!

Yes, the Bible condemns murder of any sort.

Can a Christian, if they have the means, attack an kill their assailants? Will that be adjudged sin in the sight of God?
Re: Is Killing In Self-defense A Sin? by cirmuell(m): 3:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
If that's the only option left...NO!
Re: Is Killing In Self-defense A Sin? by davien(m): 3:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
The commandment is "thou shalt not kill" not "thou shalt not kill except in self-defense" undecided

Ask yourself,if jesus killed those soldiers in self-defense for lashing him(allegedly), what message would that propagate?

In Christianity it's a virtue to aide your assailant even when you'd be killed(or at least that's what the New testament preaches)

smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Killing In Self-defense A Sin? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
davien:
The commandment is "thou shalt not kill" not "thou shalt not kill except in self-defense" undecided

Meaning you will stay idly by and watch your family hacked to death, when there are tools you can use as weapons to defend them and yourself?
Re: Is Killing In Self-defense A Sin? by davien(m): 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
dearpreye:

Meaning you will stay idly by and watch your family hacked to death, when there are tools you can use as weapons to defend them and yourself?
That's the best part, I'm not Christian....So nothing holds me back from dealing justice.
Re: Is Killing In Self-defense A Sin? by cirmuell(m): 4:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
davien:

Ask yourself,if jesus killed those soldiers in self-defense for lashing him(allegedly), what message would that propagate?

In Christianity it's a virtue to aide your assailant even when you'd be killed(or at least that's what the New testament preaches)

smiley
undecided
Re: Is Killing In Self-defense A Sin? by truthman2012(m): 8:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
dearpreye:
I just read on social how some irate Muslim thugs set ablaze a Church in Kano. One of the daughters of the resident pastor was killed as a result of that barbaric attack.

Christians are being slaughtered all over the world for being Christians. That's their crime!

Yes, the Bible condemns murder of any sort.

Can a Christian, if they have the means, attack an kill their assailants? Will that be adjudged sin in the sight of God?

Yes, I believe you can defend yourself.

https://www.nairaland.com/2086476/solution-islamic-terrorism

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Reality Of “la Ilaha Illallah Muhammad-ur-rasuil-allah" Part One / God Uses The Foolish Things Of The World / How True Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.