Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Are You Aged 30+, And Are Still Running Office Errands…this Will Provoke You. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are You Aged 30+, And Are Still Running Office Errands…this Will Provoke You. (999 Views)

Billionaire Banker David Rockefeller Dies Aged 101 / Nigerians In Diaspora,do You Sometimes Need Someone In Nigeria To Run Errands? / What You Must Do In Your 20’s To Avoid Regrets In Your 30’s And 40’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Aged 30+, And Are Still Running Office Errands…this Will Provoke You. by Chiderad(m): 5:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
GET ANGRY!

I mean it... Get *REALLY, REALLY* angry in your spirit, but do not sin!

Get ANGRY anytime you have to do something that you don't really want to do but because of constraints you are crippled and are forced against your will (like going to work FOR SOMEBODY ELSE early in the morning)...

Get ANGRY when you have to report to your superior who is 5, 7, 10 years younger but because of better academic qualifications & experience, you’ve no choice but to report to him…

Get ANGRY for all the times you've always wanted to buy something nice and cool for yourself such as a tokunboh or new car, going on a vacation, take the day off, or whatever it is but couldn't afford it...

Get ANGRY if you've ever worried when the Nigerian stock market plummets... and you’re constantly losing money…

Get ANGRY if there has ever been an opportunity to improve your life or the life of people around you, but you couldn't take advantage of it because of financial limitations or time...

Get ANGRY if what you *REALLY* wish you could do in this life isn't happening YET...
..and you know what? Time isn’t anyone’s slave. It’s fast running.

Why are my shouting it to you to get ANGRY? But of course, there are obvious reasons. “Don't all the self-help materials tell us to keep a positive attitude... that things will "work out"

Guess what? 99% of the time... THEY'RE WRONG!

You need to be red-hot, boiling ANGRY about the way things are RIGHT NOW... It's only when you GET ANGRY, get fed up and get really pissed off with the way things have been or the way things are now that you will take the ACTION necessary to change your current situation and make it into something better.

Naturally as humans, two desires drive us:

1) The desire to gain pleasure.

2) The desire to avoid pain.

And the latter is stronger than the former. We are much more motivated to *avoid pain* than to gain pleasure.

Yes, we are all driven by the carrot and the stick, but fear of the stick will get the average Nigerian moving a lot faster than a salad at the end of a hard days work...

Why do you *really* go to work every day?

Is it because you’re pursuing your passion and some wonderful goals? I truly hope so!
But most people just get up and go to work because they FEAR losing their job. Even now so getting another one can be likened to a cow squeezing itself through the eye of a needle. And, really, no one in his/her right senses like begging for alms to get them through the night... The desire to avoid this horrific pain is EXTREMELY motivational, isn't it?! USE IT!

That’s all that is required.

If you know that pain motivates you, MAKE YOURSELF FEEL PAIN so that you will TAKE ACTION and change your current circumstances. It's OK to use your imagination here.

Think about what would happen if you got fired and couldn't find another job for the next 6, 9, 12 months... How freaked out would you get then? Envision and feel that.

Think about what would happen if you simply did nothing different for the rest of your life and continued to live the "status quo", do-what's-expected-of-you lifestyle that's got you this far, and left many of your most sacred dreams and ambitions on the table.

No wonder a sage once said, ‘it is madness expecting a separate result while doing the same thing over and over again’.

How painful will it be when you look back after so many years and then you come to the knowing that you never even tried to do what your heart was telling you that you *really* wanted to do in this life? Feel that.

Think about what not having enough time or money is NOT ALLOWING you to do that you really wish you could do... Feel that.

THEN GET ANGRY!

..... and then RIGHT NOW, before the feeling fades away or is numbed out of existence by your favourite television show or alcoholic beverage, MAKE A DECISION to change. That's all it takes.

As soon as you decide that you've HAD ENOUGH with the mediocrity you've accepted up to this point, the world shifts on its axis and will present you with new ways to think, new ways to act, new ways to LIVE.

Come to think of it. Your colleagues that are doing well for themselves don’t have two heads. If it entails that you go for a deliverance to sort spiritual issues, please do.(MFM is there to help you) Whatever ethical and legitimate action that needs to be taken for you to move forward, PLEASE DO!

Big doors swing on small hinges and the hinges that open the doors of opportunity are always the DECISIONS we make about what we will and what we won't settle for in our life. If you allow yourself to get ANGRY ENOUGH, the "settling point" for what you can and will receive in your life will be raised and you will experience a better future... a future more closely aligned with WHAT YOU WERE BORN TO DO here on Earth.

So GET ANGRY, TAKE ACTION, and GET PREPARED to *be happy* as you start creating your life on your terms the way you always hoped it would be... and it can my friend - it really, truly can!

When I *GOT ANGRY*, I decided to find better ways to make my living contrary to what my parents, friends and society dictated impliedly, expressly, consciously and unconsciously to me ... I'm so glad I did because now I'm living my life as ordained of God and helping others along the line.

I’ve made up my mind to serve mankind – service to humanity.

To Your Breaking Through & Happiness!

Chidera

PS
Mind you, there are times you can be financially broke but that doesn’t mean you are poor.

Feel free to share this piece. Someone might just benefit from it.
Re: Are You Aged 30+, And Are Still Running Office Errands…this Will Provoke You. by PHAYOL81: 8:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
Chiderad:
GET ANGRY!

Get ANGRY anytime you have to do something that you don't really want to do but because of constraints you are crippled and are forced against your will (like going to work FOR SOMEBODY ELSE early in the morning)...

Get ANGRY when you have to report to your superior who is 5, 7, 10 years younger but because of better academic qualifications & experience, you’ve no choice but to report to him…

Get ANGRY for all the times you've always wanted to buy something nice and cool for yourself such as a tokunboh or new car, going on a vacation, take the day off, or whatever it is but couldn't afford it...

Get ANGRY if you've ever worried when the Nigerian stock market plummets... and you’re constantly losing money…

Get ANGRY if there has ever been an opportunity to improve your life or the life of people around you, but you couldn't take advantage of it because of financial limitations or time...

Get ANGRY if what you *REALLY* wish you could do in this life isn't happening YET...

Why are my shouting it to you to get ANGRY? But of course, there are obvious reasons. “Don't all the self-help materials tell us to keep a positive attitude... that things will "work out"

You need to be red-hot, boiling ANGRY about the way things are RIGHT NOW... It's only when you GET ANGRY, get fed up and get really pissed off with the way things have been or the way things are now that you will take the ACTION necessary to change your current situation and make it into something better.

And the latter is stronger than the former. We are much more motivated to *avoid pain* than to gain pleasure.

Yes, we are all driven by the carrot and the stick, but fear of the stick will get the average Nigerian moving a lot faster than a salad at the end of a hard days work...

Is it because you’re pursuing your passion and some wonderful goals? I truly hope so!
But most people just get up and go to work because they FEAR losing their job. Even now so getting another one can be likened to a cow squeezing itself through the eye of a needle. And, really, no one in his/her right senses like begging for alms to get them through the night... The desire to avoid this horrific pain is EXTREMELY motivational, isn't it?! USE IT!

If you know that pain motivates you, MAKE YOURSELF FEEL PAIN so that you will TAKE ACTION and change your current circumstances. It's OK to use your imagination here.

Think about what would happen if you got fired and couldn't find another job for the next 6, 9, 12 months... How freaked out would you get then? Envision and feel that.

Think about what would happen if you simply did nothing different for the rest of your life and continued to live the "status quo", do-what's-expected-of-you lifestyle that's got you this far, and left many of your most sacred dreams and ambitions on the table.

No wonder a sage once said, ‘it is madness expecting a separate result while doing the same thing over and over again’.

How painful will it be when you look back after so many years and then you come to the knowing that you never even tried to do what your heart was telling you that you *really* wanted to do in this life? Feel that.

Think about what not having enough time or money is NOT ALLOWING you to do that you really wish you could do... Feel that.

THEN GET ANGRY!

..... and then RIGHT NOW, before the feeling fades away or is numbed out of existence by your favourite television show or alcoholic beverage, MAKE A DECISION to change. That's all it takes.

As soon as you decide that you've HAD ENOUGH with the mediocrity you've accepted up to this point, the world shifts on its axis and will present you with new ways to think, new ways to act, new ways to LIVE.

Come to think of it. Your colleagues that are doing well for themselves don’t have two heads. If it entails that you go for a deliverance to sort spiritual issues, please do.(MFM is there to help you) Whatever ethical and legitimate action that needs to be taken for you to move forward, PLEASE DO!

Big doors swing on small hinges and the hinges that open the doors of opportunity are always the DECISIONS we make about what we will and what we won't settle for in our life. If you allow yourself to get ANGRY ENOUGH, the "settling point" for what you can and will receive in your life will be raised and you will experience a better future... a future more closely aligned with WHAT YOU WERE BORN TO DO here on Earth.

So GET ANGRY, TAKE ACTION, and GET PREPARED to *be happy* as you start creating your life on your terms the way you always hoped it would be... and it can my friend - it really, truly can!

When I *GOT ANGRY*, I decided to find better ways to make my living contrary to what my parents, friends and society dictated impliedly, expressly, consciously and unconsciously to me ... I'm so glad I did because now I'm living my life as ordained of God and helping others along the line.

Chidera

PS
Mind you, there are times you can be financially broke but that doesn’t mean you are poor.

Thanks. Think I learned something from this. Hope it helps others too

1 Like

Re: Are You Aged 30+, And Are Still Running Office Errands…this Will Provoke You. by PHAYOL81: 9:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
Chiderad:
GET ANGRY!

THEN GET ANGRY!

Chidera
PS

Thanks. Think I learned something from this. Hope it helps others too

1 Like

Re: Are You Aged 30+, And Are Still Running Office Errands…this Will Provoke You. by Chiderad(m): 10:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
OK. PHAYOL81.

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Want To What Will Cost Him To Start A Block Industry Business. / 3d Floor Plan Rendering / Someone Please Explain The Economics Behind All These Anti Spending CBN Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.