Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Gov. Akpabio Replies Ime Umanah- If You Want To Be Seen, Treated And Regarded As - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Gov. Akpabio Replies Ime Umanah- If You Want To Be Seen, Treated And Regarded As (505 Views)

15 Epic Replies From Nigerian Mothers, All Will Leave You Crying As Ever! / Hilarious Photo: Please In Which State Can This One Be Seen? Lol / Mr Ibu Vs Osuofia Vs Victor Osuagu Vs Bishop Ime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Akpabio Replies Ime Umanah- If You Want To Be Seen, Treated And Regarded As by blog4all(m): 12:05am On Apr 09, 2015
Gov. Akpabio Replies Ime Umanah- if you want to be seen, treated and regarded as a statesman you have to turn a new leaf BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE – A MUST READ

Dr. Ime Umanah

Ikot Obio Oko

Abak

Akwa Ibom State

8th April 2015

RE: BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE

Read- BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE- Umanah Writes Akpabio

It is a painful duty for me to engage you in the open space of a newspaper and that is because I have no choice. You have often adopted this medium as a vehicle for venting your spleen on me and the Government of Akwa Ibom State. Your open letters are dripping with hate and venom. The language is crude and coarse. Yet you lay claim to being an elder statesman. Statesmanship is not a function of age but a function of one’s dedication to the ideals of integrity and the orderly functioning of society. Statesmanship is made of stellar stuff and true statesmen do not engage in petition writing which you inelegantly called “ open letter” when they have more decent means of communication with those whom God in His wisdom has placed in positions of authority, even if temporarily.

Your claim to statesmanship is strange and shallow. As of today you and one Ikemesit Iyire are standing trial for terrorism and threat to life (charge No. HU/C2010) at the Akwa Ibom State High Court. Your trial on this two-count charge commenced in November 2010 and is ongoing. It is strange that a man standing trial for such serious criminal offences can even remotely refer to himself as a statesman.

I am happy that you have admitted that in Akwa Ibom State there exists a free atmosphere that enables you to say your “mind no matter whose ox is gored”. Who do you think created that atmosphere that enables you to abuse and insult and harass and intimidate constituted authority in the State without any fear of reprisal? The State Government made that possible by its openness and its desire to preserve the ideals of our young democracy and encourage the cross fertilization of ideas even if people like you with a penchant for small mindedness abuse it by engaging in rude and rancorous disputation.

In your letter you talked about the transience of power and that very soon I will cease to be the Governor of Akwa Ibom State. Your preachment is unnecessary because the office of governor has a statutory term which everyone knows. Or are you not aware that there will be an election on April 11, 2015 to choose the next Governor of the State? It is only someone of your mindset who thinks that power is permanent and he must cling to it forever.

You were Chairman of the board of Newswatch Communications Limited for about 15 years. You insisted you should be made Chairman of the company for life and the board of the company resisted your sit-tightism and sacked you with ignominy. It is public knowledge that you instructed Chief Assam Assam, SAN, to file a case at a High Court in Calabar challenging that decision to curb your inordinate greed for power everlasting.

Read more @ http://www.thekillerpunch.com/gov-akpabio-replies-ime-umanah-if-you-want-to-be-seen-treated-and-regarded-as-a-statesman-you-have-to-turn-a-new-leaf-before-it-is-too-late-a-must-read/

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancy!!! / I'm Having A Huge Problem. Need Your Help. / Declaration Of Assets.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.