Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) (107796 Views)

Break Down Of September 2016 Allocation To States / Grand Total Federal Allocation To States From May 2015 To June 2016 / Federal Allocation To States For The Month Of July 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by CHM11: 12:31am On Apr 09, 2015

Finance Minister, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has listed
Nigeria’s 10 highest revenue receiving states based
on the federal allocations in 2013.
The states, according to her, earn more than the
annual budgets of some neighboring countries.
The allocations are as follows:
Akwa Ibom N260 billion,
Rivers N230 billion,
Delta State N209 billion,
Bayelsa N173 billion,
Lagos N168 billion,
Kano N140 billion,
Katsina N103 billion,
Oyo N100 billion,
Kaduna N 97 billion
Borno N94 billion.
Okonjo-Iweala gave the breakdown of the allocations
on Sunday at Babcock University’s 12th Convocation
at which she delivered a lecture with the theme:
‘Transforming Nigeria economy: Opportunities and
Challenges’
“These were the allocations that all these states got
last year, so the question is what did they do with it?
Analysis shows that many Nigerian states receive
revenue allocation which are larger than budgetary
allocation of neighbouring countries such as Liberia
which is $ 433 million, Gambia $210 million.
” So you see that our top 10 states receive more
money than these countries and therefore you
should be asking what is this money being used for?”
Okonjo-Iweala said.
She noted that some states use their allocation better than others adding that “that is why we can actually
see what they are doing with their infrastructure,
education, while others do not”.
” We should also ask ourselves what is the role of our state government and local government in
supporting our transformation? We know from the
constitution that provision of public services such as health, education, agricultural services and so on are all on a concurrent list and therefore are joint
responsibilities of the federal state and local
governments.
“However it is not often that you hear people asking
what has your state done? Most of their attention is
turned to the federal government so we also need to ask what do our state and local government do with
the resources they get?” Okonjo-Iweala stated.
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/nigerias-top-10-federal-revenue-receiving-states/

It huts real bad when we find out that this entire sum is only less than 50 percent of money available. The federal government handles over 50 percent.

*sobs

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Castos(m): 12:34am On Apr 09, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Tattooboy: 12:35am On Apr 09, 2015
Castos:
how many seconds?

@op
That woman is still minister? GMB do sumtin na.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Chibuhealth(f): 12:35am On Apr 09, 2015
Chai! See money oooo.... all these money in Nigeria and I don't receive allowances? Fed Govt there is God ooo. At least pay us 5k every month each. Chai..lekwa ego

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by jamex93(m): 12:41am On Apr 09, 2015
Wait

Na plus the one wey dem steal ni

Or dem no calculate dat one join

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Dannyset(m): 12:47am On Apr 09, 2015
I just missed my point on this woman. I thought she has sense before ni. What hav dey bn doing with the Billions of dollars with dem too? Sharing abi? Thieves.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by fergiiosugo(m): 12:55am On Apr 09, 2015
If this is true,i find it hard to believe. Considering the infrastructure and the high level of poverty in my state,Delta state. I find this hard to believe. I spent 15 years in the United State. The very moment I visited Delta state Nigeria I wept. I didn't spend more than 3 days there. I think Siberia is better than most states in Nigeria.

91 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Jaypea98: 12:57am On Apr 09, 2015
GMB' s government told you that with the amount of money saved from corrupt activities like for example subsidy.Youth Corp graduates would be pad 5000Naira each and mediocre Nigerians termed it a blatant lie.Thank God that you ve seen firsthand the kind of waste thats in the Nigerian economy ,and that you now knoe these wastages can be recycled for our utmost benefit

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by GboyegaD(m): 1:15am On Apr 09, 2015
Is it possible to get more details about what each state contributes to the natural purse via their natural resources? RFAMC's website is not helping and their contact numbers do not work.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by CHM11: 1:20am On Apr 09, 2015
GboyegaD:
Is it possible to get more details about what each state contributes to the natural purse via their natural resources? RFAMC's website is not helping and their contact numbers do not work.
Hopefully I will get that by tomorrow. The one I saw is in PDF and its for 2012.
Major gainers are nothern states and the south east.
Few south west states gained while Lagos lost.
All south south states Lost. ie Lagos and south south states contributed far more than they received.

12 Likes

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by baby124: 1:22am On Apr 09, 2015
Lagos should get no less than 500bn as we are carrying the dead weight of other states who refuse to do anything except chop money, while their people run to Lagos en mass looking for opportunity. More money must be allocated to Lagos from the other states till they get themselves right. No more slave work for Lagos. Plus we deserve 10-20% of whatever our ports bring in. That should be our own derivation

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by CHM11: 1:28am On Apr 09, 2015
baby124:
Lagos should get no less than 500bn as we are carrying the dead weight of other states who refuse to do anything except chop money, while their people run to Lagos en mass looking for opportunity. More money must be allocated to Lagos from the other states till they get themselves right. No more slave work for Lagos. Plus we deserve 10-20% of whatever our ports bring in. That should be our own derivation
Lagos is the second to Last of the Losers. Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Akwaibom and even cross Rivers lose more than Lagos. Only Edo state in the South south that is not losing higher than Lagos in terms of what you contribute to federal government purse to what you receive difference.

Internally generated revenue in Lagos stays in Lagos and I think Lagos pays tax to the federal government while the revenue generated from oil wells in the south south belongs to the federal government.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by efilefun(m): 1:36am On Apr 09, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by cy4cent(f): 1:52am On Apr 09, 2015
see small bayelsa receiving so much!!!
I know they contribute a lot to the resources of the nation,
but the governors should allow dividends of democracy get to its masses with so much allocation.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by channelz: 1:57am On Apr 09, 2015
To think that oil was first discovered in "Bayelsa"

2 Likes

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by ShakurM(m): 1:59am On Apr 09, 2015
Money no dey 9ja, money no dey 9ja

Sit down there make pant dey wear u! angry

16 Likes

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Nobody: 2:32am On Apr 09, 2015
In this case too much allocation is not enough money... smh

1 Like

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by tos4u(m): 4:14am On Apr 09, 2015
Gov Mimiko of ondo state u see ur life, with both state and local governments money u have been pocketin for d past 6 yrs nothing to show near what have collected.......... Hmmmmmm God is watching oooooo

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by baby124: 4:52am On Apr 09, 2015
CHM11:

Lagos is the second to Last of the Losers. Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Akwaibom and even cross Rivers lose more than Lagos. Only Edo state in the South south that is not losing higher than Lagos in terms of what you contribute to federal government purse to what you receive difference.

Internally generated revenue in Lagos stays in Lagos and I think Lagos pays tax to the federal government while the revenue generated from oil wells in the south south belongs to the federal government.
What is the population of akwa ibom that they are entitled to that much money compres to Lagos? Is their allocation not that high because of derivation and natural resource? Based on the population of Lagos, we should get more money, and also we have a natural port. We should also be getting a derivation for that. I expect the Lagos senators to fight for this, and for the FG to be fair about that in this dispensation. We are entitled to a percentage of the proceeds from our port. End of story. You can't do for one state and give excuses to another. Besides we carry the weight of the country on such little allocation. What rubbish. It's an outrage.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by agarawu23(m): 5:40am On Apr 09, 2015
na akwa ibom be the capital of Nigeria? how come they take More

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by agarawu23(m): 5:44am On Apr 09, 2015
baby124:

What is the population of akwa ibom that they are entitled to that much money compres to Lagos? Is their allocation not that high because of derivation and natural resource? Based on the population of Lagos, we should get more money, and also we have a natural port. We should also be getting a derivation for that. I expect the Lagos senators to fight for this, and for the FG to be fair about that in this dispensation. We are entitled to a percentage of the proceeds from our port. End of story. You can't do for one state and give excuses to another. Besides we carry the weight of the country on such little allocation. What rubbish. It's an outrage.
seconded
lagos is a home of all , these stupiid govt led by nincompoops. so because Lagos no get oil ,what about the port were billions com in daily

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by PassingShot(m): 5:46am On Apr 09, 2015
It's idiotic to tell us what the states getting 44% of all revenues earn without telling us what the FG which gets 56% of the revenue does with its own share.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by SerialMan: 5:53am On Apr 09, 2015
Oh My state receives very little

1 Like

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 09, 2015
The FG shouldn't get more than 15% of the whole allocation; the centre us too juicy.

God don punish all the former governors of Bayelsa state! See money! God punish them this early money. They are all thieves. Thieves!

We must restructure this nation. Otherwise, NO PROGRESS!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Nobody: 6:25am On Apr 09, 2015
ooh poor little osun.
No wonder the governor whines every month.
With the reduction of the allocation,i wonder how they will cope.

16 Likes

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by JustCare: 6:52am On Apr 09, 2015
all we know is to share money!!!

states should be allowed to fend for themselves and grow at their own pace with their resources cry

#weneedrevolution

6 Likes

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by falseman(m): 7:11am On Apr 09, 2015
Those figures are true. You can also check the one for previous years. I feel bad we all hold federal government responsible while the real thieves who are the governors are neglected. Each state get their allocation every year now for a state like Delta you multiply that by 8 years then you find out half of that money is likely to be missing.

19 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2023 Elections: Abuja Results / Obi Cubana Received Backlash, Forced To Delete His Post On Facebook - Pics / See The Corpses Of Alex Badeh And His Driver (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.