Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,025 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar (2155 Views)

Poem: Don't Stand By My Grave And Weep! / Happy Birthday, Dyoungstar / ***whispers From Behind - A Short Story By Dyoungstar*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Dyoungstar: 7:25am On Apr 09, 2015
Title: THE UNBORN GRAVE

I felt i should try writing poem, though this was borne out of the desire and love for late daddy.

Read and comment.

[b]In my sleep i weep, in my wake i mourn.

Though it has been a while but my bleeds nonstop like a waterfall.

Who would ever believe you only kicked a bucket and left? when all my life i've kicked buckets of iron, brass, mud, plastic. I also could remember kicking drums; yet i live.

Along the streets i walked, children driven to school by daddy; remembering how you held my hands to school, the stories you told me - smiles written on my face.

I hear them giggle and say "i love you daddy" to the class and school at large.

My sanity, i am losing, the pains i can bear nomore.

Daily i watch mummy weep; on sighting me she wipes her tears and pretends all is well. The once chubby and lovely mum, the choice of your life as you both fundly call yourselves is now a shaddow of herself.

Amanda has been mute since your demise, almost a dummy; refusing to eat only wishing to see you and your voice she longs for. In her wails she yearns for daddy.

Oh, what a world?

Who would believe you'll be gone so soon?

The train of death too quickly for this ride for a journey never ending it came.

The night seems so long, the day seems not gleeful to exist anymore.

Who would help do my home works now?

Into your room i walked in, your clothes on the hanger they hung, dust all over them - i see them hoping you would come someday to wear them again; probably they think you travelled as usual.

Yea, i also saw your precious watch, the golden one that you wore always to all functions. It lay on your desk amidst your books ticking tik-tak. Oh! you must have forgotten it.

Quickly i picked the watch clutching your finest coat, worn out as it may but still your best.

Fast i ran to your grave, knocked on it for an answer; waited for the door to open.

Only if i had known that the journey is of no return.

Make ways for me there for someday i come on my way to meet you, buy cars, jets, houses; own oil blocks and contest for presidecy because the suffering here i cant live with there. Work hard and be as successful as never seen.

A life well lived you have lead, i wish my heart comes to terms with reality caus life's cruelty knows no bounds. What an unborn grave!

IN MEMORY OF DADDY - 01-08-2014 REST IN PEACE.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<___________>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[/b]

DEDICATED TO

[size=20pt]REPOGIRL FOR THE LOSS OF HER DAD... (R.I.P.P) SIR.[/size]

AND ALL MY FRIENDS, FOLLOWERS AND WELLWISHERS.

and to you standd my new found love, my darling...

ACKNOLEWDGEMENT

I sincerely with open heart acknoledge NIGERIAN INFO FM, COOL FM & WAZOBIA FM all based in PORT HARCOURT NIGERIA for their efforts in inciting my spirit to write this poem.

I thank you all.

Flakeey(f), cutieepearl(f), echobee(f), MizEmpress(f), Krystalxxx(f), DermalCarotene(f), Shevi8, meimoks(f), TeHN, PrettyHausaGirl(f), gloryaaa(f), Fantasyisland(f), cherrybrown(f), Flytefalls(f), tchidi(f), 5p1naz(m), lynx200(m), sholay2011(m), erad(m), tosyne2much(m), dossypretty(f), missclasssy(f), Lala247(f), hajruna(f), mimicious(f), cynhamscakes(f), Xiadnat, edwife(f), ObiOkpor(m), ogorkojo(f), bigtt76(f), Spotlessbabe(f), kennygee(f), onila(f), kristen12(f), LadyX(f), KillerBeauty(f), Mhizizzy(f), Merlissa(f), rubey(f), stuff46, jessiecah(f), Sparkle777(f), Zara09(f), ToyozzieTohBad(f), trevolady(f), Fellycutie(f), thatgurlvixen(f), cocoberry(f), sweettease(f), Airforce1(m), TheFilmmaker, Naijasinglegirl, Princessderaa(f), ellechrystal(f), pinkycute(f), Ifeann(f), Sapphire06(f), misstique(f), cococandy(f), Glamrock(f), teeghurl(f), JosephMNJ(m), Shawdey(f), simonhabby(m), Nubreeze, dame29(f), TI1919(m), peteruuu(m), saaedlee, LooKseeFar, kayceerilyn(f), sexyseun(f), sinaj(f), pretydiva(f), Sleekyshuga(f), prettythicksme(f), angelTI(f), SweetyZinta(f), (f), DeeCherry(f), urchbarbie(f), Blebleswag(f), itsphumbieee(f), helen4(f), wealthygem(f), Fraih(f), Beamborla(f), zainyola(f), softysparky(m), mirexxx(f), debrihachi(f), gilgal7(f), OkuDiOver1(f), Ohibenemma(m), starbhooy(m), ChikaSunday(m), Mattkent(m), JulietAKK(f), laykorn, neily(f), vivaciouzz(f), elantraceey(f), babyfun(f), Trypa(f), LillyAnne(f), Juliaann(f), EroticAngelina(f), AfricanApple(f), Cutesexy1(f), Harrychocoberry(m), Wikidraw, pureIvory(f), vonn(f), Obinnau(m), EzePromoe, Nimen(m), prof800(m), spywareczar(m), Extom(m), killjoy(m), firstEVA(f), bishopofsoul(m), Bluestarry(m), OMA4U(m), safarigirl(f), Ciela(f), Abosi31(m), Ezekielosahon(m), Ignyte(m), theSpark(m), writinganimal(m), Hidentity(m), XeniaOnatopp, standd(f), Omolola1(f), priscasmart(f), 360prince(m), Kruzykidt(m), MidieMeliss(f), drcynthia(f), Dorisbest(f), ebiagtales, omoshelwa(f), Calismart(m), candy(f), handie(m), KingzPen(m), Flakkydagirl, 2scorehigh(m), D9ty7(m), ghostwritter(m), TemitopeDaniel(m), Bluemosquito(m), DanWrites(m), Slickest(m), ZUBY77(m), repogirl(f), rapmike(m), DaDevin(m), marioking(m), AudreyTimms(f), whitemosquito(f), daveP(m), ESIXLOVE, Queenxstar(f), stefikal(f), DOMAWOLEYE(m), Cuddlemii, DEllaluv(f), TiffanyJ(f), Royver(m), Lucentbeauty(f), yemi2plus(m), Therock5555(m), senbonzakurakageyoshi, Neduzze5(m), princesa(f), chistar01(m), kayemjay(m), Sapphire86(f), MaziOmenuko, free2ryhme, alleviate2002us(m), adegwurulez(m), Clemzy16(m), frank317, Redmosquito(m), Mynd44, Uniquexty(f), FoxyRebirth(m), Dygeasy(m), noble4d(m), Ishilove, BukkyDan(f), glowingscenes(f), oyestephen(m), VanTee20(m), HumbledbYGrace(f), thedareafolabi(m), Ghyft(f), LarrySun(m), PrettySpicey(f), pasionate(m), Man4LordJesus, SammyHoe(m), ortopazz(m), noeloge

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by killjoy(m): 7:27am On Apr 09, 2015
cg
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Beamborla(f): 8:26am On Apr 09, 2015
Nice poem and sorry about daddy...
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 09, 2015
Nice lines! May his soul find peace in Heaven. Amen.

Make ways for me there for someday i
come on my way to meet you, buy cars,
jets, houses own oil blocks and contest
for presidecy because the suffering
here i cant live with their. Struggle
hard and be as successful as never
seen.

The bold got me laughing though!
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 09, 2015
So sorry about that

I could remember when I lost my dad,I really want the world to end then,but life goes on
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
kitnah:
So sorry about that

I could remember when I lost my dad,I really want the world to end then,but life goes on
hmhmhm
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
Dyoungstar:

And to you standd my new found love, my darling...

Op kindly come and explain this coz I don't understand. Your new found what? angry
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
softapple:
hmhmhm
undecided

Somebody disturbs your sleep abi?? undecided
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
kitnah:

undecided

Somebody disturbs your sleep abi?? undecided
u dn cm bak 4rm work? hw many fried fishes u sell 2day.
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
softapple:
u dn cm bak 4rm work? hw many fried fishes u sell 2day.
I dont sell fish,okay??

'I've gat fish to fry' is different from 'Am selling fish'.

The first was an idiom and that was what i used.

Is that too much to comprehend?? undecided
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
kitnah:

I dont sell fish,okay??

'I've gat fish to fry' is different from 'Am selling fish'.

The first was an idiom and that was what i used.

Is that too much to comprehend?? undecided
i undastand if u wnt 2 protect ur ego on nairaland, bt dnt worry a friend of mine said ur fried fishes are always half done, nxt time pls improve.
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
softapple:
i undastand if u wnt 2 protect ur ego on nairaland, bt dnt worry a friend of mine said ur fried fishes are always half done, nxt time pls improve.
Many are mad,few are roaming undecided
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 09, 2015
kitnah:

Many are mad,few are roaming undecided
mheeeeeeeeew!!!!!!!!!!! hws ur les___ian partner named cynthia?
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by LadyX(f): 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
Dyoungstar sorry about the loss of your dad.
Such a special dedication. I got emotional while reading it. Thanks for the mention.
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by TiffanyJ(f): 8:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
Thanks for inviting me
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Dyoungstar: 11:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
standd:

Op kindly come and explain this coz I don't understand. Your new found what? angry

Secrete admiration. grin

You are wiser than this, and i know you understand what i meant.
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Dyoungstar: 11:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
Beamborla:
Nice poem and sorry about daddy...

Thanks dearest dear.
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Dyoungstar: 11:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
marioking:
Nice lines! May his soul find peace in Heaven. Amen.

Make ways for me there for someday i
come on my way to meet you, buy cars,
jets, houses own oil blocks and contest
for presidecy because the suffering
here i cant live with their. Struggle
hard and be as successful as never
seen.

The bold got me laughing though!

Ever read a book titled "WEEP NOT CHILD" By NGUGI WATHIONGO?

Here i would say after heeding to the above you should be glad and joyous.
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Dyoungstar: 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
kitnah:
So sorry about that

Thanks Kitty-Cat. grin

Sorry, Kitnah.

Such is life.
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Dyoungstar: 11:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
LadyX:
Dyoungstar sorry about the loss of your dad.
Such a special dedication. I got emotional while reading it. Thanks for the mention.

Thanks deary, you are an angel.
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Dyoungstar: 11:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
TiffanyJ:
Thanks for inviting me

You are welcome bae, kissed you grin

I mean missed you jare.
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
Dyoungstar:

Secrete admiration. grin

You are wiser than this, and i know you understand what i meant.

Thanks but no thanks smiley
Too many sh*t happening on this forum, I really can't deal. Sorry.
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Dyoungstar: 11:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
standd:

Thanks but no thanks smiley
Too many sh*t happening on this forum, I really can't deal. Sorry.

I GOT YOU.

NO STRINGS ATTACHED.
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by pinkycute(f): 12:22am On Apr 10, 2015
Hmmmmmmm cry lipsrsealed

Nice poem.....
May ur dad continue to rest in perfect peace "Same with mine too" cry cry cry
I'd lost my dad embarassed on January 13, 2014"
So reading this touching poem of urs tonight undecided bring back the ugly memories, am trying so hard to forget cry ( Now I can't sleep ) #Sad
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Dyoungstar: 12:49am On Apr 10, 2015
pinkycute:
Hmmmmmmm cry lipsrsealed

Nice poem.....
May ur dad continue to rest in perfect peace "Same with mine too" cry cry cry
I'd lost my dad embarassed on January 13, 2014"
So reading this touching poem of urs tonight undecided bring back the ugly memories, am trying so hard to forget cry ( Now I can't sleep ) #Sad

Hello dear, you need to sleep.
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 10, 2015
Dyoungstar:

Thanks Kitty-Cat. grin

Sorry, Kitnah.

Such is life.
Lmao,Kitty-cat indeed grin

Life goes on,tho I still miss him embarassed
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by LadyX(f): 7:54am On Apr 10, 2015
Dyoungstar:

Thanks deary, you are an angel.
Welcome.
Am humbled
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 14, 2015
Nyc poem. May daddy's soul continue to rest in peace. Amen
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by Dyoungstar: 1:05am On Apr 15, 2015
Ciela:
Nyc poem. May daddy's soul continue to rest in peace. Amen

Amen dear.
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by cocoberry(f): 7:26am On Apr 16, 2015
Dyoungstar, sorry about ur lost....... I have to copy some of ur work here, just some not all grin I also lost Daddy sometime in January. Nice Poem.
Re: The Unborn Grave - Dyoungstar by zicoraads: 11:32am On Apr 16, 2015
cocoberry:
Dyoungstar, sorry about ur lost....... I have to copy some of ur work here, just some not all grin I also lost Daddy sometime in January. Nice Poem.

grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Life Of A Shy Bad Guy / Professional Copywriters Needed / Harry's Dairy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.