Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm (3631 Views)

Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making / Diseases You Didn’t Know That Mosquitoes Give (photo) / 10 Facts About Farts You Might Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by favourmic(m): 1:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
•The Majority of Sperm is Abnormal

Humans aren’t great at making sperm. In fact, over 90 percent of any given ejaculation is malformed. As monogamous animals our sperm does not have to be perfect since the sperm is typically not competing against another person’s sperm.

10 Facts You Didn't Know About Sperm 2

•Sperm Factory

Although there’s a large turnover of sperm, the latest studies suggest that sperm takes more than two whole months to form.

•Mister Acrosome, Tear Down This Wall!

Sperm wears a helmet that allows it to fertilize the egg. The helmet is called an acrosome. When the sperm hits the egg the acrosome releases chemicals that melt the surface of the egg so that the sperm can enter.

•One Testicle is A-OK

If someone is born without a testicle, or there is an accident, that person can still conceive. In fact, the other testicle usually grows in order to compensate. Lance Armstrong has had two naturally conceived children since he lost a testicle to cancer.

•Father-to-Son

Advertisement:

The Y chromosome is the chromosome that makes a male a male. Every other chromosome in the body is a combination of your mother’s genes and father’s genes, but the Y chromosome cannot be mixed. So a male’s Y chromosome is identical his father’s Y chromosome, and his father’s Y chromosome, and so on.

•Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop

Women are born with all the eggs they will ever have and usually in their middle age they’re done being fertile. Men, on the other hand, are always producing sperm. Of course, the quality of the sperm does degenerate a bit with age.

•Unknown Intruder

Created late in human development, or puberty, sperm cells could be attacked by the immune system because they are unknown. Luckily, there are cells that surround and protect the sperm so that they aren’t attacked.

•The Sperm is Just the Vehicle

We often think we’re a sperm/egg combination that grew. But the sperm is irrelevant. Researchers kill the sperm when creating test-tube babies and then they inject the dead sperm into the egg. The DNA inside the sperm is the only thing the egg needs.

•Stay Cool

For the sake of the fragile sperm, testicles have to stay about seven degrees cooler than the rest of the body. That’s why testicles hang outside of the body. When testicles shrink in the cool weather it’s just to get more body warmth.

•The Entire Population of Brazil

Each ejaculation is only about half of a teaspoon. Not much, right? Actually, there are 200 million sperm in each ejaculation and all of them are competing to fertilize the egg. That’s two-thirds of the population of the United States!

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by richol(m): 1:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
okay...praticals...bring in specimen A
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by FLAWLES(f): 1:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
Ok; Not wat i expected
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by favourmic(m): 1:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
FLAWLES:
Ok; Not wat i expected

What do you expect if I may ask
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by holatin(m): 1:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
sperm has a fattening enzyme that can make a lady grow buttock magically in a short time
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
Ops it's your sperm thats abnormal mine is very normal undecided undecided undecided
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by vislabraye(m): 1:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sperm and semen are nutrients rich..

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 09, 2015
OK
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by Boxer007(m): 2:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
SPERM!!!! I love SPERM!!!
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by Boxer007(m): 2:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
jacksparrow1207:
OK

Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
Boxer007:

WTF! STOP STALKING ME PLS
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by Boxer007(m): 2:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

WTF! STOP STALKING ME PLS

Relax Boo. You have low spearm count? GROW UP BOO!
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
Boxer007:

Relax Boo. You have low spearm count? GROW UP BOO!

GET OFF MY BU.TT ELSE I CALL THE MOD ON U
HOPE U ENJOYED HOW YOUR THREAD WAS SHUT tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by Boxer007(m): 5:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

GET OFF MY BU.TT ELSE I CALL THE MOD ON U
HOPE U ENJOYED HOW YOUR THREAD WAS SHUT tongue tongue tongue tongue

My dear, so are you telling me that you would not drink Spearm at any cost? Everyman has a price, you know? Do you want to come down to my place?
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by ayomidegal: 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
Boxer007:

My dear, so are you telling me that you would not drink Spearm at any cost? Everyman has a price, you know? Do you want to come down to my place?

Carry your useless sperm away from here, the dude is not interested in ur toothpick size peni.s . Na by force?
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by Boxer007(m): 6:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
ayomidegal:

Carry your useless sperm away from here, the dude is not interested in ur toothpick size peni.s . Na by force?

My dear calm down. Please describe your Bottom and waist line?
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by ayomidegal: 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
Boxer007:

My dear calm down. Please describe your Bottom and waist line?

live him alone, he is not interested in your shit
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2015
Boxer007:

fvckoff
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by Boxer007(m): 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
ayomidegal:

live him alone, he is not interested in your shit

My dear, sounds you are interested, Great. I bet I could turn you to Gay if I shake my bottom on your face. You ever been f*** by another man? You free this evening?
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by Boxer007(m): 6:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

fvckoff

My dear, so you telling me you wouldn't get turn if I place my hands on your thigh? Stop lyin boo boo, I bet you would like me to shake my bottom on your face
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by ayomidegal: 6:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
Boxer007:

My dear, sounds you are interested, Great. I bet I could turn you to Gay if I shake my bottom on your face. You ever been f*** by another man? You free this evening?

mad man
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by Boxer007(m): 6:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
ayomidegal:

mad man

My dear, May I f** you?
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by IfyChuky(m): 7:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sperm does to the female's tummy.., wat the vulcanizer would do to a deflattened tire.. cheesy
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by favourmic(m): 3:09pm On Apr 10, 2015
Boxer007:

Hahaha how come crazy
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by ovalrose(f): 7:57am On Apr 12, 2015
cheesy
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by favourmic(m): 10:55am On Apr 12, 2015
ovalrose:
cheesy

Hmmm talk
Re: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Sperm by ovalrose(f): 7:46am On Apr 13, 2015
favourmic:

Hmmm talk

well er... wetin you want make I talk na? cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suya And Reasons You Should Stop Eating It / World Cancer Day 2023 / Multi-millionaire Nigerian Doctor, Dr Titus Odedun Disgraced In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.