Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

ISP Dilemma Plz Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / ISP Dilemma Plz Help (2032 Views)

Which Network ISP Provider Do You Make Use Of In Your Workplace / Is My ISP Able To Keep A Track Of My Internet Activities While I Use A VPN? / Operation Defend Your ISP: Lets See Your Current Internet Speed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ISP Dilemma Plz Help by mashnino(m): 3:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
Hello house,

I am actually in a state of dilemma right now..

I want to design a little mesh network around my area..

as part of a side project i have taken upon myself..

my network design completed..

but now the source of internet connection..

i have done a little research...

i can either go for fiber optic or satelite communication(yahclick not VSAT)

VSAT as i read about it will be a bad idea because as far as i am concerned it is an old tech

and yahclick would ve been good if not for the data cap and expensive installation fee..

so i am left with fibre optics..

so please can the networking guys on here..give me other options or better still recommend companies

that can give this service... and also pricing too..

PS: I also read something about leased line..can anybody clarify that to me too.. thank you as you help

Waiting cool cool

my email.. incase

umarmash@gmail.com

NB: I am based in the northern part of Nigeria.. specifically Kaduna..
Re: ISP Dilemma Plz Help by Fulaman198(m): 4:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
Fibre optics all the way, don't even consider satellite. Yeah it's expensive, and there are two different types of fibre optics, single-mode and multi-mode
Re: ISP Dilemma Plz Help by mashnino(m): 4:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
Fulaman198:
Fibre optics all the way, don't even consider satellite. Yeah it's expensive, and there are two different types of fibre optics, single-mode and multi-mode

yeah..glo offers single mode from what i read from their site...

so can you really tell me what's really different between both...
Re: ISP Dilemma Plz Help by Fulaman198(m): 6:03am On Apr 10, 2015
mashnino:

yeah..glo offers single mode from what i read from their site...

so can you really tell me what's really different between both...

The differences are mainly in distance and throughput in which both fibres are applied. Singe Mode covers a longer distance than multi-mode. Single mode also has a higher throughput capacity that can easily reach 10gbps whereas multi mode reaches about 100mbps.

The reason that single mode has quite a quicker rate is due to the fact that when light passes through multi-mode fibre, as it hits both ends of the wire, it's travel time is slower. Whereas with single mode fibre, it moves close to light speed because it's path is not as open (space is much tighter) so light goes through the wire quicker.

A multimode fibre allows many light propagation paths, while a single-mode fibre allows only one light path.
Re: ISP Dilemma Plz Help by mashnino(m): 9:48pm On Apr 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

The differences are mainly in distance and throughput in which both fibres are applied. Singe Mode covers a longer distance than multi-mode. Single mode also has a higher throughput capacity that can easily reach 10gbps whereas multi mode reaches about 100mbps.

The reason that single mode has quite a quicker rate is due to the fact that when light passes through multi-mode fibre, as it hits both ends of the wire, it's travel time is slower. Whereas with single mode fibre, it moves close to light speed because it's path is not as open (space is much tighter) so light goes through the wire quicker.

A multimode fibre allows many light propagation paths, while a single-mode fibre allows only one light path.

Thanks man... well xplained.. now i understand why GLO decided to use the single mode..

1 Like

Re: ISP Dilemma Plz Help by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 11, 2015
mashnino:
Hello house,

I am actually in a state of dilemma right now..

I want to design a little mesh network around my area..

as part of a side project i have taken upon myself..

my network design completed..

but now the source of internet connection..

i have done a little research...

i can either go for fiber optic or satelite communication(yahclick not VSAT)

VSAT as i read about it will be a bad idea because as far as i am concerned it is an old tech

and yahclick would ve been good if not for the data cap and expensive installation fee..

so i am left with fibre optics..

so please can the networking guys on here..give me other options or better still recommend companies

that can give this service... and also pricing too..

PS: I also read something about leased line..can anybody clarify that to me too.. thank you as you help

Waiting cool cool

my email.. incase

umarmash@gmail.com

NB: I am based in the northern part of Nigeria.. specifically Kaduna..

Yahclick has unlimited services.

Your project is not detailed enough. What do you want to accomplish.
Your budget
Your Internet service should have been included in your network proposal.
Re: ISP Dilemma Plz Help by mashnino(m): 11:00pm On Apr 11, 2015
simonjo:

Yahclick has unlimited services.

Your project is not detailed enough. What do you want to accomplish.
Your budget
Your Internet service should have been included in your network proposal.

Their unlimited services can make an individual get cold...

i want to create a WISP around my location just as a project to get to understand networking more

My budget is not really feasible for now..

it's the internet service i am looking for now.. but i think i will just go with Fiber optics..

its more reliable and offers unlimited bandwidth(no datacap) u only have to pay for speed(starts from 2Mbps)

I have contacted GLO1 but i dont know i havent gotten any response yet..

still thinking of visiting the mainone office at VI,

but if there are better options, plz tell me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ISP Dilemma Plz Help by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 12, 2015
mashnino:

i want to create a WISP around my location just as a project to get to understand networking more

it's the internet service i am looking for now.. but i think i will just go with Fiber optics..

its more reliable and offers unlimited bandwidth(no datacap) u only have to pay for speed(starts from 2Mbps)

Yes unlimited service is expensive.
If your aim is to increase your understanding then I don't see why you are so interested in fibre Internet. It's unnecessary.
Fiber optics cable is the medium of service and bandwidth can be capped or uncapped.

So ensure you know what you want as last mile cable could cost you 300k, and your Internet service 400 dollars per month. If you are very interested in the service I can send you a quote from glo.
Re: ISP Dilemma Plz Help by mashnino(m): 2:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
simonjo:

Yes unlimited service is expensive.
If your aim is to increase your understanding then I don't see why you are so interested in fibre Internet. It's unnecessary.
Fiber optics cable is the medium of service and bandwidth can be capped or uncapped.

So ensure you know what you want as last mile cable could cost you 300k, and your Internet service 400 dollars per month. If you are very interested in the service I can send you a quote from glo.

yeah..i am also thinking of making small profit from it..

and please i dnt mind getting the quote from you..

some of these things i want to do just out of curiosity and if i see that the thing will get serious

then i will work on it more..but for now i just want to see..

thank you so much..
Re: ISP Dilemma Plz Help by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 14, 2015
mashnino:

yeah..i am also thinking of making small profit from it..
and please i dnt mind getting the quote from you..
some of these things i want to do just out of curiosity and if i see that the thing will get serious
then i will work on it more..but for now i just want to see..
thank you so much..

Provide location details
Re: ISP Dilemma Plz Help by mashnino(m): 11:41am On Apr 14, 2015
simonjo:

Provide location details

kaduna and zaria
Re: ISP Dilemma Plz Help by syscomptec(f): 1:19am On May 15, 2015
Syscomptech provides both yahclick and fibre internet services nationwide, we are thus in a better position to advise you on a preferred option between both services. From your need description, Fibre is the preferred option for you. It is also important to note that infrastructure reliability in Nigeria is still low, you should thus consider using a Fibre Optic Internet Service provider that is not restricted to only 1 cable infrastructure due to the high risk of fibre cuts experienced in Nigeria. At Syscomptech we offer Fibre internet links backed by 3 redundant providers and the beauty of it all is that the rate is about same with that of the main and yet single link providers.

Every prospective fibre subscription begins with a site survey to ascertain we can deliver up to our promised 99.97% SLA and to determine the best lastmile technology to use in delivering the service to your door, so to take it from here visit https://www.syscomptech.com/contact-us.php

You are welcome.

mashnino:

Re: ISP Dilemma Plz Help by tripleofj(m): 12:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
There is something new in the market for satellite broadband internet Services BLUCLICK. Check [url]www.bluclickng.com [/url].

Bluclick offers high speed, high download cap, wide range and uncapped/unlimited download plans.

Bluclick covers every part of Nigeria and service is delivered through network of installers, resellers and channel partners accross Nigeria. If you are an installer or reseller or system integrators or IT Personel, this is an opportunity for you to grow your business and provide better service for your customer, join by signing up at [url]http://www.bluclickng.com/about.html [/url] Click Sign up.
Re: ISP Dilemma Plz Help by chrisblack: 6:11am On Apr 11, 2019
simonjo:

Provide location details
Ekiti State .Need glo fiber or microwave.Please send quote. ASAP.Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Omatek Laptops / The Simplex Dp30m Scanner Driver (compeye) / Multilinks 3g Or Starcomms Izap ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.