Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Igbos! Is It Not Time To Come Home Lets Develop Our Inheritance? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos! Is It Not Time To Come Home Lets Develop Our Inheritance? (596 Views)

Female Inheritance In Igbo Land / Inheritance In Ishan Land First Son Takes All / The Girl- Child's Right Of Inheritance (in Igbo Land) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Igbos! Is It Not Time To Come Home Lets Develop Our Inheritance? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
Why do Igbos hate their homelands so much with a passionate hate, desert it, left it underdeveloped and call it "VILLAGE".

Because if they can realise its potential, unite, come home and develop it, they'll become a force to reckon with, like Israel. But the negative dark forces holding Nigeria underdeveloped, closed their eyes to see this, so that they cannot become a force to reckon with in Nigeria.

Southeastern Nigeria, made up of 5 states namely: Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo, is the sweet calm cool home land of the Igbo tribe. But is it true as of today? No! Not anymore. Igbos doesn't have well defined localities anymore, as you can easily find them, well settled all over the world. They have deserted their homeland, migrated to anywhere available. Leaving their precious homelands, legacy, heritage, inheritance, undeveloped, poor, abandoned and backwards.

Is this a true manifestation of being proud of one's origin and ancestry? No! This is a manifestation of low self worth and low regard for one's birthright like Esau.

God created the southeastern Nigeria and created the Igbos and placed them there(like Adam), with the purpose that they should "tend it and keep it"(Genesis 2:15 NKJV). But Igbos feeling, it doesn't matter, smarter and wiser than God, rejected this their "garden of Eden" scattering like the Jews then, all over the world, in search of vain materialism and filthy lucre.

And what are the consequences? We started falling victims to massacre, religious attacks, election violence, demolitions of property, seizures of property(abandoned property saga), terrorism, demonstrations attacks(June 12/Abiola run), insults(just like from Oba of Lagos recently), militancy, kidnapping etc.

If the Igbos, fails to heed the silent call of God, through these adversities and from our illustrious Igbo people, like Late Gen Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, Sir Chukwuemeka Ezeife etc., to come home and develop their land and inheritance, God in His mercies gave to them. The next thing that will happen to them is a GENOCIDE OR ETHNIC CLEANSING. Because Igbo hatred is seriously mounting

Oh! God forbid!!

I blame the five governors of southeast, Ohaneze and Akaikenga groups for not championing Igbo self development plan. We held the minister of aviation slot two times now but, its a pity that we did not achieve a full functional cargo airport for Igboland, a domain of chronic traders. God have mercy on us!!

When will my Igbo people have sense and come home lets transform this region into the most developed region in Africa?

Can we learn from the Jews, the became a people after they returned home from all over the world and Europe in 1948. After a terrible ethnic cleansing.

Please my fellow Igbos, can we come home! There is nothing we cannot build in the southeast with our collective efforts. You are forever tenants/strangers in Lagos no matter how you keep deceiving yourselves.

I started with myself. I made a decision that I can never settle outside southeast. If peradventure something takes me out of southeastern Nigeria, the most sensible thing I have decided to do is to live a lowly life, like Hausas and Yorubas does here, accumulate money, come home and build things.

If Nnewi people did not come home after civil war to build their home land the only place they feel safe, will Nnewi be a well developed city it is today? Boasting of numerous industries even a car manufacturing plant. Within some years, by God's grace, a smartphone manufacturing company will spring up from Nnewi too.

But unfortunately the new generation of Nnewis has started deserting Nnewi for elsewhere. What a pity?

Please Igbos can we come home and build our ancestral lands. How happy are we as our heritage and inheritance lies in ruins, thorns and bushes?

Just like Nehemiah of the Bible, how can I be happy when my home cities, my forefathers sepulchres lieth in waste (Nehemiah 2:3).

We will forever be the object of mockery if we continue this our unwise way of life.

Good day!!

1 Like

Re: Igbos! Is It Not Time To Come Home Lets Develop Our Inheritance? by Mprex(f): 5:03pm On Apr 09, 2015
ok. weyaf hear undecided

(1) (Reply)

What's The Whole Halloween Craze About? / Guru Nanak Quotes From Guru Granth Sahib | Quotes Images / Ulli Beier: Teachings And Lessons From The Life And Times Of Akanji Arabagbabu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.