Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Which Is The Best Car For An Inexperienced First-timer - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is The Best Car For An Inexperienced First-timer (1690 Views)

2016 Mercedes Maybach S600 Emperor- N750m Car For Only 10 People In The World. / The Best Car Interior You’ve Ever Seen… / Best Car To Buy With N1.5million? (2) (3) (4)

Which Is The Best Car For An Inexperienced First-timer by edydeyemi(m): 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
Re: Which Is The Best Car For An Inexperienced First-timer by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
500K is kinda small for a car, but try golf3, (dont know the price though)...

if ur budget had been a little bit higher, i would have advised u to get a Mercedes Benz,

that car is ........ cool.

u can get a toyota camary too 1999/2000 model, i guess

my opinion#
Re: Which Is The Best Car For An Inexperienced First-timer by austin4real(m): 6:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
U could get an Almera or a Mazda 323 as a first timer... both vehicle are great on gas
Re: Which Is The Best Car For An Inexperienced First-timer by DGD1(m): 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
edydeyemi:
Hi Guys, I really need your help on this one. First of all, I know absolutely nothing about cars, heck I don't even know how to drive!. Now I want to buy a car; my budget is btw 500 - 550k. Please advice me on which type of car to go for, with regards to cost of maintenance, fuel consumption and durability.

I really do need your honest opinions so I don't end up shooting myself in the foot. Thanks for your responses.

Cheers!
Re: Which Is The Best Car For An Inexperienced First-timer by DGD1(m): 7:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
edydeyemi:
Hi Guys, I really need your help on this one. First of all, I know absolutely nothing about cars, heck I don't even know how to drive!. Now I want to buy a car; my budget is btw 500 - 550k. Please advice me on which type of car to go for, with regards to cost of maintenance, fuel consumption and durability.

I really do need your honest opinions so I don't end up shooting myself in the foot. Thanks for your responses.

Cheers!

mr. Yemi,
thank God u came out plain, I will advice you to take d pain going this little wahala. this forum is 1st hand user review abt cars, try to read through some of the threads here, so u will learn one or two things about cars, mind u, we all are still learning.
don't make the mistake of buying before learning, try to learn from peoples questions and the provided answers(av learnt allot from this method)
as for the budget, getting a toks is slim, it will be better u go for a good naija used car(pencil, baby boy, etc DAT will serve u..
Re: Which Is The Best Car For An Inexperienced First-timer by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
edydeyemi:

Cheers!

Small recent korean or japanese car. Low mileage (under 100kmiles)
Re: Which Is The Best Car For An Inexperienced First-timer by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 09, 2015
How about a Bmw E30 M3? That was my 1st car and I have not been able to drive any other make ever since.

Re: Which Is The Best Car For An Inexperienced First-timer by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
Zoharariel:
How about a Bmw E30 M3? That was my 1st car and I have not been able to drive any other make ever since.

Dude, please read the thread starter's opening post, and slowly this time.

Is a BMW E30 M3 realistic at 550,000 Naira? You would struggle to get just the engine for that price. The same way you would struggle to find a 1990 BMW E30 325i M-Tech Sport.

The E30 M3 does NOT meet the thread starter's criteria of:

Low cost of maintenance.
Reasonable gas mileage.
Durability.

Re: Which Is The Best Car For An Inexperienced First-timer by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
Siena:

Is a BMW E30 M3 realistic at 550,000 Naira? You would struggle to get just the engine for that price. The same way you would struggle to find a 1990 BMW E30 325i M-Tech Sport.

Low cost of maintenance.
Reasonable gas mileage.
Durability.

My bad, sire
Re: Which Is The Best Car For An Inexperienced First-timer by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 09, 2015
Siena:

Low cost of maintenance.
Reasonable gas mileage.
Durability.
dunno why You and Denn, just went mute on the car restoration threads.
Re: Which Is The Best Car For An Inexperienced First-timer by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
Bossforeva:
dunno why You and Denn, just went mute on the car restoration threads.

Sorry bro, I've been pretty busy. But things are still happening. wink
Re: Which Is The Best Car For An Inexperienced First-timer by milestonejnr(m): 8:35pm On Apr 10, 2015
Camry tiny light will do.... Easy to maintain
Re: Which Is The Best Car For An Inexperienced First-timer by nurey(m): 9:54pm On Apr 10, 2015
Zoharariel:

My friend and I rocked this car like hell in school though not an M3, we always use 1k fuel in a week cruising around town though it was a diesel engine, nah diesel finishing in motion killed this car.

Op just buy a small car, with minimal engine volume 1-1.6L and u good to go.

Honda Pilot 2004 / How Can I Know A Good Car Engine / Which Is D Rugged/best To Maintain 4 A 20yr Old Guy