Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Someone Teach Me How To Write.. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Someone Teach Me How To Write.. (1250 Views)

12 Tips To Write Your First Short Story / If You Were Asked To Write A Book About Your Life, What Would The Title Be? / How To Write A Letter To Apply For Loan In Your Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
I wanna write stories.
At 13 I locally published my first book.
I think I lost all that inspiration.
Right now I wanna write a new,great story.
Somebody help fill me in..

1 Like

Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by pbs4real(m): 7:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
Alryt,pm me
Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by Divepen1(m): 7:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
Okay,let us work here together so that others can learn.
Are you ready?
Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by Asito(m): 12:09am On Apr 10, 2015
OP, I share your dilema.
Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by Nobody: 5:58am On Apr 10, 2015
Divepen1:
Okay,let us work here together so that others can learn.
Are you ready?

Yay
Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by Nobody: 5:59am On Apr 10, 2015
Asito:
OP, I share your dilema.

Lol cheesy
Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by Divepen1(m): 10:37pm On Apr 11, 2015
Optimall:

Yay

I've been trying to paste what I wrote here but it's going off
Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by Nobody: 5:58am On Apr 12, 2015
Divepen1:

I've been trying to paste what I wrote here but it's going off
So what to do?
Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by Divepen1(m): 4:06pm On Apr 12, 2015
Optimall:

So what to do?
I will have to post it on a new thread.
How about that?
Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by princejenks(m): 7:46pm On Apr 12, 2015
I also share the same problem here,i got stories to tell but i cant just get it out of me
Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 12, 2015
Divepen1:

I will have to post it on a new thread.
How about that?

That's okay
Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by write2obi(m): 11:25pm On Apr 12, 2015
Just the kind enough to give us the link.
Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 12, 2015
princejenks:
I also share the same problem here,i got stories to tell but i cant just get it out of me

Oh! You'll learn bro
Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by Divepen1(m): 6:42am On Apr 13, 2015
Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by Akposb(m): 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
Writing comes with serious practice and the level you aspire to will be the amount of exercise you will engage in. Reading wide and voraciously is one necessary requirement for getting your acts together.

This is one practice which I believe will help you. Once you have a story in mind, you should make an outline of it on a paper for you to be able to plan out a suitable approach and to evade the famed writer's block.

1 Like

Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
Akposb:
Writing comes with serious practice and the level you aspire to will be the amount of exercise you will engage in. Reading wide and voraciously is one necessary requirement for getting your acts together.

This is one practice which I believe will help you. Once you have a story in mind, you should make an outline of it on a paper for you to be able to plan out a suitable approach and to evade the famed writer's block.

Thanks Mr
Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by KachiUgo(m): 10:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
Optimall:
I wanna write stories.
At 13 I locally published my first book.
I think I lost all that inspiration.
Right now I wanna write a new,great story.
Somebody help fill me in..

First of all, let me say that I think it's exciting that you wanna write a 'new, great story'! Cultivate this desire, groom it, brood over it like a hen broods over her chick. Truth is there will be adversity, there will be times when you would hate what you write; at these times, it would be this desire that would see you through. Starting a new story is exhilarating and a cocktail of undiluted passion. But finishing a story is clinical and hard work.

That said, there are many things involved in our craft: Character, Plot, Setting, Dialogue, Wordsmithing etc, and your ability to dynamically weave these parts of fiction into a story makes you a master story teller. I cannot possibly tell you about say Plotting for example because there's so much to say. But the fastest way to get you up to par with writing your new, great story is 1. Read like Hell, and 2. Write like Hell. Every story is made of two parts: The Story itself and the writing--I'll talk more about this in a second post. Reading and constantly writing will help you improve the two, so that instead of always writing 'she walked sluggishly (or wearily) to the bath tub', you would write: 'she plodded (or trudged) to the bath tub'.

Writing stories can be fun. If you will keep at it, you're bound for greatness. Congratulations in advance!

KU

1 Like

Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by LarrySun(m): 12:39am On Apr 19, 2015
Just write anything that comes into your head. You'll get better with time.
Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by Divepen1(m): 6:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
write2obi:
Just the kind enough to give us the link.

here is a link for you?
We need to see the product of our work. So, you can join us here.

https://www.nairaland.com/2462383/nairaland-fiction-writing-school
[quote author=princejenks post=32649659]I also share the same problem here,i got stories to tell but i cant juYou can now join us at online writing school year with teach you how to write well.

https://www.nairaland.com/2462383/nairaland-fiction-writing-school
Asito:
OP, I share your dilema.

do to join us at the writing school? https://www.nairaland.com/2462383/nairaland-fiction-writing-school
Re: Someone Teach Me How To Write.. by emperorfidel(m): 8:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
embrace the silence, moments of solitude inspires me and gives me new and great angles to a story.

The first and most important step is to start writing and never letting go. You cancel, dont be discouraged, start again, and you will find out that the next line is better than the former.

Avoid the use of verbose styles, they make story writing difficult and readers easily loose interest.
For a start, use pen and paper.

I started like this and am still learning. ..

(1) (Reply)

Consequence Of Wickedness Episode 1 / Two Lovebirds Lost Eachother( A True Life Story) / Have You Tried Publishing Your Books Through Publiseer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.