Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Abuja To Anambra - Which Is Best, Car Or Plane? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja To Anambra - Which Is Best, Car Or Plane? (1547 Views)

Amaechi Travels By Train From Abuja To Kaduna International Airport (Photos) / A Pakistani Commercial Plane With 47 People On Board Has Crashed, Killing All. / Photos From Inside The Medview Plane That Crashlanded On Nov 5th In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja To Anambra - Which Is Best, Car Or Plane? by Nkeon: 11:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
Hi Nairaland,

We will be in Abuja this summer and plan on travelling from there to Anambra for a couple of days and I wanted advice on the best mode of transport; plane or car? A car will take longer of course but my mum reckons it will be safer (she's vert nervous about those small planes) and I'm not so sure. The last time we drove that far was from Lagos to Anambra but that was years ago. Can anyone with recent experience offer some advice? Also if you reckon car, do you know of any good coach or shuttle services?

Thanks
Re: Abuja To Anambra - Which Is Best, Car Or Plane? by ammyluv2002(f): 11:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
Haba! How can you compare fried rice and palm oil rice? angry angry angry

Well, I recommend Anambra Express and The Young #myopinion
Re: Abuja To Anambra - Which Is Best, Car Or Plane? by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 10, 2015
What are you going to do in Anambra?v ask your host there where anambra airport is located. If you you mum still don't like the small planes, she can charter one of emirates jumbo jets & boeing 747 to take her to Asaba or Enugu. If she still finds boeing 747 too small for her liking, I suggest she then charter a luxurious bus from one of the many transport companies littered in Abuja. Sorry I don't know how long it would take to get there by road. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Abuja To Anambra - Which Is Best, Car Or Plane? by Nkeon: 12:11am On Apr 10, 2015
Logician:
What are you going to do in Anambra?v ask your host there where anambra airport is located. If you you mum still don't like the small planes, she can charter one of emirates jumbo jets & boeing 747 to take her to Asaba or Enugu. If she still finds boeing 747 too small for her liking, I suggest she then charter a luxurious bus from one of the many transport companies littered in Abuja. Sorry I don't know how long it would take to get there by road. I hope this helps.

Okay, I should have made it more clear that by small planes I mean the intra-Naija flights. We've lost a few family members on those in the past so that's why my mum's not keen on them. We're not some bougie people looking for luxury.
Re: Abuja To Anambra - Which Is Best, Car Or Plane? by Nkeon: 12:17am On Apr 10, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Haba! How can you compare fried rice and palm oil rice? angry angry angry

Well, I recommend Anambra Express and The Young #myopinion

Because fried rice and palm oil rice are the only options on table undecided I know it sounds stupid because they are completely different but I just want some opinions on which one is safer. I should have mentioned that we've lost some fam on intra-Naija flights in the recent past so my mum's not keen on flying. I just wanted to hear from people that have travelled similar distances (and ideally to and from similar locations) what they would usually do. Thanks for the recommendation.
Re: Abuja To Anambra - Which Is Best, Car Or Plane? by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 10, 2015
Nkeon:

Okay, I should have made it more clear that by small planes I mean the intra-Naija flights. We've lost a few family members on those in the past so that's why my mum's not keen on them. We're not some bougie people looking for luxury.

Ok. But let her understand that plane clashes not because it is small but because its an accident or faulty. People travel by helicopter on daily basis and those are really smaller than than what your mum referred to as small. Sorry about your relatives though.
Re: Abuja To Anambra - Which Is Best, Car Or Plane? by Nkeon: 10:40am On Apr 10, 2015
Logician:

Ok. But let her understand that plane clashes not because it is small but because its an accident or faulty. People travel by helicopter on daily basis and those are really smaller than than what your mum referred to as small. Sorry about your relatives though.

Thanks for the condolences. I think it's more the airline services that fly intra-Nigeria than the size of them. They tend to be small which is why I described them that way. But you are right that any plane can be faulty.

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Studying And Living In The Netherlands Plus List Of Universities / Snow Fall In Kenya / Please Direction Needed!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.