Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007 (4982 Views)

Cow Takes A Ride In Honda Accord 2007 / How Reliable Is Lexus Rx300? In Terms Of Fuel Economy, Availability Of Parts. / How Reliable Is Honda Babyboy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007 by samally: 1:00am On Apr 10, 2015
Good morning to you all...
I want to buy this car Honda accord 2007 with manual transmission

my main reason of creating the topic is to find out about the legs problem which is the major problem with Honda's car

I consulted many owner and mechanics, but the responses I gain from them is not enough..so I need you guru to put me through
some said the shaft and ball joint does not pull out like the normal Honda, that Honda as already address the legs issue from 2007 model upward . and some says it as the problem too

Please house,kindly confirm this to me does the shaft and ball joint pull out like 2005 models down ward?

Vehicle type: Honda Accord
Model : 2005-2007 * Discussion Continue*
Engine Type:I4
Transmission: Manual
Re: How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007 by knightsTempler: 3:56am On Apr 10, 2015
I friend of mine bought a 2007 honda accord since February last year, and up till this moment in time, he hasn't any issue on it, not the shaft or any issue whatsoever.

From what he told me, i think you are good to go, that is if you are buying the 2007 model. (DC).

Hope that helps.
Re: How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007 by samally: 6:34am On Apr 10, 2015
knightsTempler:
I friend of mine bought a 2007 honda accord since February last year, and up till this moment in time, he hasn't any issue on it, not the shaft or any issue whatsoever.

From what he told me, i think you are good to go, that is if you are buying the 2007 model. (DC).

Hope that helps.

okay......I want to buy it as Nigeria used not direct from abroad....
and the model is (DC)
Re: How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007 by lonelydora: 6:47am On Apr 10, 2015
Ball joint pulls if you are the type that believes any car part should last as long as the car lasts. If you are the type that pays attention to every noise in your car, it can never take you by surprise.

Honda is a reliable car but make sure you use ONLY recommended tranny oil.

The only car the issue was addressed is the 2008 and upwards Pilot ( so I heard though).

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007 by FlyboyZee: 6:49am On Apr 10, 2015
samally:

and the model is (DC)
Please, before you buy, ensure that the level of abuse the car has been subjected to is the type that you can live with, without running from pillar to post. Our Kazeems have a way of killing cars in the name of knowing more than the car manufacturer and refusing to keep to manufacturer's instructions/schedules. This alone kills the car more than the use you put into the car. #JustMyTwoCentsAnyways...

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007 by samally: 7:30am On Apr 10, 2015
lonelydora:
Ball joint pulls if you are the type that believes any car part should last as long as the car lasts. If you are the type that pays attention to every noise in your car, it can never take you by surprise.

The only car the issue was addressed is the 2008 and upwards Pilot ( so I heard though).

thanks....I think, I will stick to my 2003 Camry....no whala up till now.....am just bore with the ride
Re: How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007 by nurey(m): 7:48am On Apr 10, 2015
The only issue I see here is the naija used grin, come on, the gear is manual, I would trade in my auto trans for manual anyday anytime. The DC is a good car, luxurious and easy on gas, also the manual trans would be cheaper to maintain.

If you can get a naija used that was well maintained, my brother you will always smile when you start the ignition of that ride.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007 by knightsTempler: 8:12am On Apr 10, 2015
samally:

and the model is (DC)

That is what I'm saying it's a good car, go ahead and buy it, you would not regret it.
Re: How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007 by samally: 6:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
knightsTempler:

That is what I'm saying it's a good car, go ahead and buy it, you would not regret it.
Okay...I will give it a trial then.
thanks to you all... please any better suggestions are all welcome
Re: How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007 by samally: 7:53pm On Apr 11, 2015
Am still awaiting more respond sirs.
Re: How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007 by shamecurls(m): 1:10pm On Apr 12, 2015
lonelydora:

Do honda pilot joints pull-off? Never seen one before
Re: How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007 by samally: 1:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
shamecurls:

We're talking about Accord 2007 *Discussion Continued*
Re: How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007 by lonelydora: 2:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
shamecurls:

Yes, older models do, but newer models from 2008 do not pull off.
Re: How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007 by chucky234(m): 2:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
lonelydora:

Yes, older models do, but newer models from 2008 do not pull off.
None pull bro, its naija mentality that everything Honda will pull off on you.
A car that is more than 10yrs old should have its ball joint replaced, but our people will not and end up putting the blame on Honda when the leg pulls off on motion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007 by Piyke: 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2015
It is a fact that most Nigerians neglect routine maintenance (oil change seems to be the only thing done in most quarters) and only work on cars when something breaks down finally. To me, virtually all cars from good manufacturers should be reliable if you follow routine maintenance schedules and listen and attend to any issues as they come up.

To the typical Nigerian car driver, a car being reliable simply means the car with the most ability to take the most abuse without breaking down (there are other things I may have missed out in this definition, but this seems to be a major component) cheesy
A drive a 2003 for that matter and have never been stranded for one day in the 6 years that I've had the vehicle, no major repairs either. My only advice if you do get the car is to make sure you have a good mechanic and know a thing or two about cars so that you can forestall the abracadabra's that some mechnics tend to pull sometimes. I won't also advice naija used except if you can confirm it was well used. In any case, have an experienced mechanic check out the ride before you buy.
Re: How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007 by samally: 6:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
Piyke:
It is a fact that most Nigerians neglect routine maintenance (oil change seems to be the only thing done in most quarters) and only work on cars when something breaks down finally. To me, virtually all cars from good manufacturers should be reliable if you follow routine maintenance schedules and listen and attend to any issues as they come up.

To the typical Nigerian car driver, a car being reliable simply means the car with the most ability to take the most abuse without breaking down (there are other things I may have missed out in this definition, but this seems to be a major component) cheesy
A drive a 2003 for that matter and have never been stranded for one day in the 6 years that I've had the vehicle, no major repairs either. My only advice if you do get the car is to make sure you have a good mechanic and know a thing or two about cars so that you can forestall the abracadabra's that some mechnics tend to pull sometimes. I won't also advice naija used except if you can confirm it was well used. In any case, have an experienced mechanic check out the ride before you buy.

Thanks for your comment......My job is kinda busy ...
I will to know the price of ball joint,upper arm,lower arm, and other axle drive

(1) (Reply)

Side Effect Of Over Filling Of Engine Oil??? / Next To You Benz C63 Amg / For Lady Fans Of The Range Rover Sport - Would You. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.