Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja (3262 Views)

Access Bank Frontline Internship Opportunity (18th-29th April 2016) / Job Seekers In Kaduna Troop Out In Search Of Job Vacancies (Photos) / Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja by 1k001(m): 7:40am On Apr 10, 2015
Inspired by the thread on helping job seekers i've decided to help mentor a few interested and driven young people. Read below:

I interviewed a number of people some months ago and was appalled at the quality I saw. Frankly these our universities are cheating us, many graduates are frankly unemployable.

To help out i'm offering the chance for an unpaid internship/ mentoring opportunity.

Duration will be for 1 month initially and may extend for longer depending on how you do. It will be very flexible and give you the opportunity to learn a lot and apply yourself. It will get you working and thinking constructively instead of wasting your talents. If you do well i'll happily become your referee and help you get ahead in your future career. If you do extremely well, i could employ you.

So email 'abujadatacollection [at] gmail [dot] com' if you fit the following criteria

- Live in Abuja
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Age < 24

email should contain answers to the following.

- In <100 words, could you explain something to me that is complicated but you know well?
- What activities energize and excite you, what are you passionate about?
- Relate an instance when you solved a difficult problem, if no previous experience, relate how you would solve a specific difficult problem?

No CV's please!

This will be a great opportunity for whoever is successful but will be largely dependent on your own zeal.

Don't email if you don't
- like to work hard
- like to read and learn
- like being corrected
- like volunteering

I'll contact and take on as many people that impress me.

About me - i'm a young professional, trained and worked in several countries across the globe. I've founded a new company in the last year and relocating to Nigeria fully soon. Read about my journey via my signature. I'm passionate about providing equal opportunities for all people.
Re: Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja by alterswerve(m): 3:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
Yeah. I saw this as I read the thread on employed meeting unemployed. I actually had this on my mind and had placed it on my tab for post NYSC days.. Thing is, I am Lagos-based but have a relative in Abuja I've never met before. I'll make the effort to apply when the time comes. I even saved your post on my email as draft and I've been asking myself the same questions that you asked in it. I'm looking forward to working with and learning from you sir.
Thanks
Re: Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja by marksooyinmiebi(m): 8:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
Hello, Am Mark an undergrad of UniAbuja, am excited about anything 'INTERNET' it does energize me, smiley) now- is the offer also open to undergradss? thanks.
Re: Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja by 1k001(m): 9:04am On Apr 20, 2015
marksooyinmiebi:
Hello, Am Mark an undergrad of UniAbuja, am excited about anything 'INTERNET' it does energize me, smiley) now- is the offer also open to undergradss? thanks.

Absolutely!

1 Like

Re: Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja by marksooyinmiebi(m): 8:46am On Apr 30, 2015
you have a mail sire
Re: Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja by odimbannamdi(m): 12:32am On May 06, 2015
Hi sir...God bless you on your decision to mentor graduates out there. frankly speaking, some can not decipher their left from their right despite the years spent in scho...little wonder naija companies prefer recruiting foreigners

however, sir, how about graduates that have business ideas with which they can become financially independent but face a major constraint - CAPITAL.

am one of such graduates.

i got a splendid idea that can be implemented in the ongoing nysc camp. but my major problem is money to implement it. ts really painful having an idea but no money to kick start it.

i would be glad if u help me out sir. we can chat on whatsapp 0 8 1 6 0 4 6 6 2 2 5
Re: Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja by Nobody: 2:52am On May 06, 2015
Okay...I'm so interested...Thank you.

I live in abuja...
Re: Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja by 1k001(m): 1:33am On May 13, 2015
keppyy:
Okay...I'm so interested...Thank you.

I live in abuja...

Please send an email as per the instructions listed above and i will get in contact
Re: Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja by 1k001(m): 1:34am On May 13, 2015
odimbannamdi:
Hi sir...God bless you on your decision to mentor graduates out there. frankly speaking, some can not decipher their left from their right despite the years spent in scho...little wonder naija companies prefer recruiting foreigners

however, sir, how about graduates that have business ideas with which they can become financially independent but face a major constraint - CAPITAL.

am one of such graduates.

i got a splendid idea that can be implemented in the ongoing nysc camp. but my major problem is money to implement it. ts really painful having an idea but no money to kick start it.

i would be glad if u help me out sir. we can chat on whatsapp 0 8 1 6 0 4 6 6 2 2 5

Please email the address listed above and we can take it from there
Re: Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja by odimbannamdi(m): 7:17am On May 16, 2015
1k001:

am just seeing this now...
i will send u a comprehensive mail on monday evening explaining my ideas.
thanks in anticipation of your assistance.
Re: Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja by odimbannamdi(m): 9:06pm On May 20, 2015
Hi sir. I have sent you a detailed mail like you directed. Expecting to hear from you soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja by toluxa1(m): 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
1k001:

How are you sir..
Is this still open?
Re: Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja by XuteSleeks(m): 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
Can like minds join in to assist? Or are you capable of handling it solo?

Cheers.
Re: Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja by seedbaba(m): 6:28pm On Jun 07, 2015
1k001:
Inspired by the thread on helping job seekers i've decided to help mentor a few interested and driven young people. Read below:
I interviewed a number of people some months ago and was appalled at the quality I saw. Frankly these our universities are cheating us, many graduates are frankly unemployable.
To help out i'm offering the chance for an unpaid internship/ mentoring opportunity.
Duration will be for 1 month initially and may extend for longer depending on how you do. It will be very flexible and give you the opportunity to learn a lot and apply yourself. It will get you working and thinking constructively instead of wasting your talents. If you do well i'll happily become your referee and help you get ahead in your future career. If you do extremely well, i could employ you.
So email 'abujadatacollection [at] gmail [dot] com' if you fit the following criteria
- Live in Abuja
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Age < 24

email should contain answers to the following.

- In <100 words, could you explain something to me that is complicated but you know well?
- What activities energize and excite you, what are you passionate about?
- Relate an instance when you solved a difficult problem, if no previous experience, relate how you would solve a specific difficult problem?

No CV's please!

This will be a great opportunity for whoever is successful but will be largely dependent on your own zeal.

Don't email if you don't
- like to work hard
- like to read and learn
- like being corrected
- like volunteering

I'll contact and take on as many people that impress me.

About me - i'm a young professional, trained and worked in several countries across the globe. I've founded a new company in the last year and relocating to Nigeria fully soon. Read about my journey via my signature. I'm passionate about providing equal opportunities for all people.

good day sir, please is this opportunity still open?
Re: Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja by 1k001(m): 10:56am On Jun 10, 2015
XuteSleeks:
Can like minds join in to assist? Or are you capable of handling it solo?

Cheers.

Yes please, we need more hands on deck. I have resolved to build it to something of an institution we can pass on so please email me at abujadatacollection@gmail.com

make sure to include your phone number so i can give you a call.
Re: Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja by 1k001(m): 10:57am On Jun 10, 2015
seedbaba:

good day sir, please is this opportunity still open?

Yes, please email the address listed and we'll take it from there
Re: Mentorship And Internship Opportunity For Young Job Seekers In Abuja by 1k001(m): 10:57am On Jun 10, 2015
toluxa1:

How are you sir..
Is this still open?

Yes, please email the address listed and we'll take it from there

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows Where Enugu Liaison Office Is Located In Lagos / Who Knows Any Federal Goverment Agency Paying 250k For Entry Level? / Massive Recruitment At Gombe State University Of Science And Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.