Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy (24650 Views)

Explain The Reasons You Are Not Happy With Your Job / I Am Not Happy.help Please / If You Are Unemployed Or Not Happy With Your Present Work, Pls Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by Goovo(m): 7:44pm On Apr 10, 2015
Hemanwel:
OP,if it's SOL,then know it's most likely Sterling Bank marketing (DSE) job.They pay about 40k as salary plus commission.After a year,they increase it to 50 cheez plus commission...
If you ask me,I think you should take.Though pressure dey oh!But all the same,a breast at hand is worth the two inside bra.

BTW:

Remember,to thumprint for JIMI KOLAWOLE AGBAJE tomorrow o!Nor b Igbo boy him b.
not just steling bank, but diamond bank which pay 28k excluding commision. Was once in that job.dear the job is modern slavery
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by donbenie(m): 7:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
I feel the narrative is rather too weak and vague to make any input on,if you bothered to go for an interview and was then employed,I figured the least you could have done is to give the reasons for your reluctance in taking up the offer,instead of you to turn us to Ifa Priests and Diviners on the reason for your indecision..#justsaying
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
I once interviewed with them in Lekki, the offers are ridiculous!
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by orieoda(m): 8:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
...Some people's comments are so exasperating that I found it so pointless and preposterous to make a rejoinder. So because there are no jobs in Nigeria, a graduate of a reputable university with 2:1 for that matter should accept a marketing job of 20k all in the name of '"starting point"? Taaaaaaa! I think the first question should be about the salary and then the targets....don't get it twisted, many jobs are not worth it.
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by elilistic(m): 8:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
Everybody has spoken their mind. U never came out plain dear so it wl b hard know wt ur greiviances or unhapiness ar. Like seriously jobs ar really scarce in d country n Companies ar taking advantage of young graduates,bt as a determinate person u mst use dem 2 boost ur CV and acquire enough xperience
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by babasanti: 8:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
Meanwhile vote WIKE and Jimi Agbaje for governors
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
Realistically,

Ask yourself why you do not want the job?

Consider the costs and benefits.

then make a choice.
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by udz: 8:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
I expect ppl here to read the OPs statement and try to undastand from her point of view. yes she finished from a private university, dat does nt mean she is bragging but U and I understand she is on a level where she is nt desperate as per doing any thing to make money. every one has got this level God has place u by default. I didnt attent a private uni, infact my entire fees for 5yr is nt upto what some private uni pay per semester. Again, she went for intvw twice at this place, she must have seen how they treat ppl with much disdain and probably dat has killed her morale bfor now . Again, this one they ask for PT, cant they atleast bear the cost? All am saying is frm experience, I have done jobs which i dnt really love with peanut pay just to do 'anythng'. at the end, it didnt go well with me, though I did them because i needed basic money, U knw what I mean. Though I left all those and took charge of my life now. OP, my advice is if this job will shift ur focus and make u feel low. Dont if U can afford it and not desperate.
Pls dont mind my grammer, am using my fone.
U are free to 'bash' me sha. no wahala.
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by film2(m): 8:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
@Wande eheyaaa...I know d company it's a human resource company recruiting mostly marketers for bank... strategic outsourcing limited though they recruit other positions for banks like Operations but specially for HND holders....I will advice u to make a personal decision for yourself, I graduated from a private university too...I rejected their offer this January and as God may have it I got a far better job now....
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by doninno(m): 8:48pm On Apr 10, 2015
U didn't state d reason u nt happy wit d job, is it d sslari8 or d job description or wat. Abi u jst want show say u get new job
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by wande2015(f): 8:51pm On Apr 10, 2015
i love nairaland.thnks all for ur contributions
firstly,am nt scared of d pregnancy test
secondly, i submitted my cv afresh to d company wn i noticed d first interview ws a marketing position as a bnk teller,after like two months i gt an invitation for interview but d postion ws nt stated.
lastly,i jst didn't feel hapi,cs it's marketing,nd it's even below 30k for marketing which u will be given target.
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by Originalsly: 8:53pm On Apr 10, 2015
This is not about being happy with the job.....this is about pride. You believe it is beneath you ... a graduate... to be doing any job below your certification. Is it a job for life?....or a stepping stone job? Most people you see in their dream jobs or positions that match their qualifications started from the bottom...not at the top. Accepting the job doesn't mean you must stop applying for better.
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by wande2015(f): 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2015
@adewumiopeyemi i hv not bn called bck by wakanow.
so pls tell me if below 30k is worth giving a try for marketing job wit a set target of millions of naira
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by ehisforever24(m): 9:19pm On Apr 10, 2015
for nairaland nobody dey get 2.2
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by Misogynist2014(m): 9:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
creepsyme:
My problem now is that i finished from a
private university with a 2:1 result and am
thinking if it's worth it.
There are many things that might make her not feel 'its worth it'. The working conditions, salary, her grade, etc. Though I 'guess' its monetary issues, that doesn't remove the fact that it doesn't make complete sense.
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by free2ryhme: 9:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
wande2015:
I have a job now, but still not happi . I saw an open interview on nairaland which i went for since it didn't cost me any transportfare. Later last week i was invited for a second stage interview which took place yesterday, but right now i jst got a successfull message to come for documentation at their office on monday with pregnancy test from a reputable hospital.

My problem now is that i finished from a private university with a 2:1 result and am thinking if it's worth it. The name of the coy is sol, marketing position.
pls i need ur advice.

You are ungrateful

Pls don't post anymore on this forum

Just becuase u graduated. With a 2:1 from a private university is not a meal ticket to the best jobs
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by creepsyme(f): 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2015
Misogynist2014:
There are many things that might make her not feel 'its worth it'. The working conditions, salary, her grade, etc. Though I 'guess' its monetary issues, that doesn't remove the fact that it doesn't make complete sense.
abi?

1 Like

Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by femi4: 9:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
wande2015:
I have a job now, but still not happi . I saw an open interview on nairaland which i went for since it didn't cost me any transportfare. Later last week i was invited for a second stage interview which took place yesterday, but right now i jst got a successfull message to come for documentation at their office on monday with pregnancy test from a reputable hospital.

My problem now is that i finished from a private university with a 2:1 result and am thinking if it's worth it. The name of the coy is sol, marketing position.
pls i need ur advice.
Come back and explain why you are not happy.
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by rossi5(f): 9:50pm On Apr 10, 2015
wande2015:

pls i need ur advice.
if am in ur shoes ryt now,I will b singing praises..Don't despise days of little begining,unless u ve parent that
still feed,house and cloth you,den u can forget d job and wait for a better offer.
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by Ekii(f): 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
My dear,its better for you to accept it and get some experience instead of doing nothing and staying frustrated at home. Private uni or not,many graduates are under employed in Nigeria. You never can tell if that God's plan for you to the next level carrier wise. Don't allow excuses make you do something you'd regret later. Unless its commission based with no salary and you've got no passion for marketing. That you friends have great jobs is not a reason to despise what you've got now. Everyone has a beginning dear,for some its a huge start or a little start but with God and hardwork,you'd get to where you want to be. Cheer up
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by dhaewood(m): 10:39pm On Apr 10, 2015
[size=88pt]ok now call now 08026272323[/size]

Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by openne(m): 10:44pm On Apr 10, 2015
Many people are out there seeking for job, still they are jobless... And u get a job u are here complaining. angry

Dear! if u like terminate your career with silly excuses, "YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN" (OYO).
Bros u don vex!
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 10, 2015
Lol.. private uni na talk. I graduated frm a private uni wit a 2.2 I b wan die.. well my parents do not care... however, I ve bn on d street.. I got a teaching job pf 30k per month now I ve gotten a career job of 80k though still small yet still hoping... wit 80k I can do things now, and get a gf too lol... dont worry just tak it, its berra than doing nofin o....
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by christopher123(m): 11:00pm On Apr 10, 2015
wande2015:

pls i need ur advice.

Wetin be private university or 2:1 abeg rest....first class dey street

No take the job
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
Hemanwel:
OP,if it's SOL,then know it's most likely Sterling Bank marketing (DSE) job.They pay about 40k as salary plus commission.After a year,they increase it to 50 cheez plus commission...
If you ask me,I think you should take.Though pressure dey oh!But all the same,a breast at hand is worth the two inside bra.

BTW:

Remember,to thumprint for JIMI KOLAWOLE AGBAJE tomorrow o!Nor b Igbo boy him b.
no this poster is trying to say *a brea.st at your hand is more than the two inside your bra* abi? poster!
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by lovat(m): 11:48pm On Apr 10, 2015
wande2015:
i love nairaland.thnks all for ur contributions
firstly,am nt scared of d pregnancy test
secondly, i submitted my cv afresh to d company wn i noticed d first interview ws a marketing position as a bnk teller,after like two months i gt an invitation for interview but d postion ws nt stated.
lastly,i jst didn't feel hapi,cs it's marketing,nd it's even below 30k for marketing which u will be given target.
I don't like commenting on job sections but I ll break it with you.

Try to weigh the pro and cons of dat job I.e salary, experience, stress, transportation, feeding, exposure etc.

What target have you set for yourself, will that job act as a stepping stone for your goal.

Dump that attitude of you grad from a private Uni so your standard will be set from a private university standpoint.

Finally, follow your gut, pray and ask God to guide you to make the best decision.

May God be with you.

I will be chatting from the lagoon because we ve been banished by Oba lil wayne Akiolu

1 Like

Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by ijiini(m): 11:57pm On Apr 10, 2015
...resign and goan sit at home...alaimoore#noor be somewia u go start from?#eni.lori.o.ni.fila
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by unilagconsult(m): 12:18am On Apr 11, 2015
a bird at hand is worthwhile.....just look ahead while u r thr
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by sweet2blv: 12:21am On Apr 11, 2015
oj
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by sweet2blv: 12:21am On Apr 11, 2015
@ op, honestly, it doesnt worth it. thou i started my career with them as well but i left after seein the way they treat their so called employees. pls, dnt take the job. it doesnt in anyway worth it. talkin frm experiece. i hv their employment leta here as a proof. to the glory of God, btw then and now, my present earning can even pay their HR manager jst keep developin ursef
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:23am On Apr 11, 2015
Yeahreen:
if you didnt want the job why did you stress yourself going for 2 phases of interview. Just follow ur hrt. #shikena
If you are not going to take the job, then you should know it that you just succeeded in denying someone who would have enjoyed the job of the position you got.... Does that sound fair to you?
Re: Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy by KiksAsso: 1:23am On Apr 11, 2015
With a salary less than N30k, personally, I don't think it worth trying. A close relative mentioned dt of Diamond Bank to me about 2 or 3 years ago but turned it down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Massive Fresh Graduate Recruitment In A First Generation Bank / Age Discrimination In Government Recruitment / How Much Does The CBN Pay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.